A thought about progress updates

We have introduced device authorization to the forums. If you are having troubles, please shoot us a note at [email protected]

• A thought about progress updates

If it's not possible for the devs to give us a release date or progress update, so be it.

The way it is now is that for us, the mod could be ready tomorrow, next week, next month, or 6 months from now, so we check back every day. Crazy theories arise and everyone checks everywhere for hints, and that's perfectly normal.

So why not just tell us in what period we definitely DON'T need to expect the mod to be released?

For example:
    "Guys, don't expect the mod to release in the following 6 months. That doesn't mean that after those 6 months it will be ready though, but at least you know you don't have to check here every day. After those 6 months we can tell you what's up then (perhaps the same)"

After initial bitching and hating, it gets us off your backs for 6 months and we'll see then. Everyone happy. Nobody lied. No more crazy speculation till then.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Answer from developer CatzEyes (page 3; 24/12/2010):

Breaking news folks...

I am sorry but do not expect the game to come out within the next two months.

That is all. :wipes the tears from her eyes:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post was edited 8 times, last by CygNuS: Answer included ().

• Maxey wrote:

It's pointless to discuss about the mod's release date, really. It won't make it release faster.

@Bolteh

Deal!

Did you actually read my first post? I'm not talking about the release date. I'm just asking the devs to tell us whether it has use to come back in the following let's say 6 months or not.

If that's the most ridiculous suggestion ever, and i'm the only one liking it, well then I get it, no need to act like dicks.

Post was edited 7 times, last by CygNuS ().

• Should they give us that information? I mean, they've been on this game for 6 years, so giving a little info would be out of the question. It's all very logical, to spend 6 years or more to create a mod.... (everything I just said was sarcasm). I have reason to believe that this guy who creates those ENBseries for all them games, could make Black Mesa in just a week, I shit you not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CygNuS wrote:

Did you actually read my first post? I'm not talking about the release date. I'm just asking the devs to tell us whether it has use to come back in the following let's say 6 months or not.

The problem is, with statements like that the common response is "oh gawd it will definitly come out after 6 months" (or whenever)
    Never Go to Bed Angry.
    Stay Awake and Plot Your Revenge
  • CygNuS wrote:

i'm the only one liking dicks.

Nate did that last September, thats why there is all this forum activity at the end of the year

and fix'd:)

pyjamasbox;361570 wrote:

You're such an internet badass.
  • ssechaud wrote:

Last twitter update a year ago. Quite pathetic actually when you think about how easy it is to post a quick message. Guess the devs are toooooo busy making the mod to give us an update. I been watching here for years now, the attitude sucks in regards to keeping fans informed.

Oh fuck off. They just decided that Twitter wasn't the most effective way of keeping people up to date. They've made tonnes of updates since then, either here in the forum or on the Wiki. It's hard to announce something in 140 characters without dicks like you misunderstanding something (usually the words WORK IN PROGRESS or TEST) and getting your knickers in a twist.
  • ssechaud wrote:

^^ See what I mean...

yeah, that's the main reason i (almost) never post here anymore. also the reason i don't bother to check in that often. they might be making the greatest mod in the world, but the general attitude is pretty diva-like. Raminator's posts stopped being funny about 4 years ago, and the general "fuck off" attitude from the "regulars" really doesn't help either.
    Eggeses!

Post was edited 1 time, last by Kepler: removed general unhappyness about the devs that might be considered trolling. ().

• Free speech is having trouble surviving here. Any and everyone who's got an opinion that suggests even slightly that the mod isn't the best thing that's happened to mankind since the invention of fire or that the devs are (like all people sometimes) lazy gets instantnly stomped on with no mercy and a ton of evil sarcastic e-humor. It's just not cool.

xalener;323364 wrote:

for the record, this whole forum is a waste of time. So shove it up your fucking ass.

Black Mesa Forums - the land of sadistic sarcasm and lack of free speech.
  • Kepler wrote:

yeah, that's the main reason i (almost) never post here anymore. also the reason i don't bother to check in that often. they might be making the greatest mod in the world, but the general attitude is pretty diva-like. Raminator's posts stopped being funny about 4 years ago, and the general "fuck off" attitude from the "regulars" really doesn't help either.

Thats because your avatar makes you sound like a first grader, like you want to be ram, the lead dev on an awesome mod project , but you can't, so you complain.

PlayerHater wrote:

Free speech is having trouble surviving here. Any and everyone who's got an opinion that suggests even slightly that the mod isn't the best thing that's happened to mankind since the invention of fire or that the devs are (like all people sometimes) lazy gets instantnly stomped on with no mercy and a ton of evil sarcastic e-humor. It's just not cool.

I suggest you read the quote of me in your sig

pyjamasbox;361570 wrote:

You're such an internet badass.