View Single Post
Old 04-09-12, 12:35   #20226
Raminator
Past Developer

Send a message via MSN to Raminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormac View Post
Have the achievements already been deffined? Also, are they already on the mod? Can we know the amount of how many they are?
Yes. There are 25.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sersoft View Post
I want to know if the teleport effect for aliens has a different size for different aliens like headcrabs, controllers/vorts and bigger ones.
Each env_xen_portal entity has a field that defines the size of the effects based on the size of the NPC that it spawns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maxwell View Post
Also, could we get some more specifics on how Xen is going to be released?
It will be in the form of an update that adds the Xen chapters to Black Mesa. It will make the transition from Lambda Core to Xen seamless.
Quote:
Will BMDM have one or more Xen maps?
Maybe. We haven't planned to, but we haven't planned not to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. StevenS View Post
Will we see a bit of Xen during resonance cascade?
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerine View Post
Anyway, this has been asked before but I guess I lose nothing with asking again - I really would like to make Spanish subtitles available on release, as I've made abundantly clear before (or make them as soon as possible), and translating the text file with all the dialogue could take some time. Is there any chance of making the subtitles file available for a few people to work with? If I get it, I promise I will not show it to anyone!
We should be making the subtitles available for translation sometime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bur View Post
I have a very important inquiry about Black Mesa; it is essential to my enjoyment of the mod.

Will scientists be wearing ridiculous ties, and will they will they be complaining about them?
Yes and yes, in no particular order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xappy View Post
I'm curious, what will the devs be doing during these 12 and a bit days?
I've been doing 11-12 hour days at work recently. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bur View Post
This will probably not be answered, but do you have any idea about how long it will take for Xen to be released? Weeks or months?
It won't be this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Freeman View Post
Will we see any Xen models in the files of the first release of BM?
Only the bare minimum; we've stripped out all unused assets from the game to cut down on filesize and to help keep Xen under wraps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shongage View Post
Will xen be an update to the existing client or be a completely seperate game like the hl2 episodes?
It will be an update. Black Mesa: Deathmatch will be a separate game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeManz View Post
I hope they put in the Stukabat and the Panthereye and all the cut Xen creatures in Xen.
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Freeman View Post
What's the size of the upcomming download?
A touch over three gigabytes last time I checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse1994 View Post
Will the Xen and DM be released at the same time, or will they be seperate releases?
They'll be released at the same time, but they will be separate games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse1994 View Post
Does the music play over into the next level, or does it just stop at the map loading.
Music stops playing when the map changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierow View Post
What direction are they taking with DM? Will it keep aspects like bunnyhopping from the original among other things to make it a viable competitive game, or will it be a more casual take on the deathmatch genre?
It will be more old-school and fast-paced, but with our own spin on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post
I think Ram didn't want to pay up the 50bucks for not releasing this year...
I'll Paypal him fifty bucks anyway if he really wants. You know I have a job, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhingedMouse0 View Post
1. Was the decision to release in parts a group decision, or one person's call?
It was a group decision by the lead developers.
Quote:
2. Were there team members who were strongly opposed to such a release or was everyone on board?
No, just about everyone was on board with the reasoning behind the decision.
Quote:
3. Do you have a target for how many hours of gameplay you would like to get out of Xen?
Yes.
Quote:
4. Will Xen merge into Black Mesa seamlessly, or will it be standalone.
It will be an update that inserts the Xen chapters after Lambda Core.
Quote:
Will we be able to use the mod's assets in G-Mod?
Yes, but you'll need to copy them across yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazkie View Post
5. was the decision to release Xen later made years/months ago, or just weeks/days ago?
It wasn't made that recently, but recent events confirmed that it was the correct course of action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcat1030 View Post
I cannot find the delete post button. Edit's tooltip is "Edit or delete" but I can't find the delete option...
Report your post to the moderators, they can do it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Kaddo View Post
Now that they do so some of us feel betrayed by the devs and shaken in our beliefs and our view of the developers.
You'll get over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNate View Post
Just a heads up, although the developers might have already taken notice of this: there are a lot of comments in another forum (I won't advertise here, one can easily assume which one it is), that basically express anticipation of the release in order to say how much it will suck (and other such troll stuff). It's not news that trolls are/have been waiting around the corner for this, but now it's butthurt (for whatever reason) people as well.

So, some "feedback" won't necessarily be as well-meant/"honest opinion" as they'll claim to be.
Haters gonna hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeoxer View Post
1. Did you really cut or noticeably shorten some parts of the game ( I heard such rumors)?
Yes.
Quote:
2. Will we still see small part of Xen in Anomalous Materials?
Yes.
Quote:
3. For an average player who never played any HL, which one is easier: HL or BMS?
I don't think it's a case of one being easier than the other, they play differently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raybans007 View Post
Will there be a port to the Xbox 360?
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurritoBazooka View Post
So we have Valve reportedly working on Steam for Ubuntu (if you don't know, check out Phoronix and search Google News for "Steam on Linux", and also check the Steam for Linux technical blog by Valve here).

I know Valve has not yet released any public betas regarding S4L, but I'd like to know if there are any future plans to put Black Mesa on Linux? Or at least make it work well with Wine?
If we can port our codebase over easily, we will probably support Linux.
Quote:
Will Black Mesa's assets be made available for lesser modders?
No. You'll be able to make maps and mods for Black Mesa, but you won't be able to use our assets in your own mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkat View Post
but the achievement list, since the games deadline has been announced can we expect any more news on the final list or is it just going to be held under raps until release too?
We won't be revealing the list of achievements until after the game is released.