Go Back   Black Mesa: Community Forums > Black Mesa > Information Archives

Information Archives Useful threads from before the mod was released. These are mostly to be used as wiki references.

Old 06-04-12, 23:45   #7321
Kairouseki
Alien Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
I think that the battery should regenerate like in Half-Life: Source and Half-Life 2.
I'm going to assume you are talking about the flashlight. The rational of the devs is that the flashlight recharge time was so small that it was just an annoyance rather than anything really related to challenge so they got rid of it.

Old 07-04-12, 07:59   #7322
Raminator
Past Developer

Send a message via MSN to Raminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalEdward2 View Post
Will there be some sort of way to tell how much oxygen the player on the HUD when underwater?
Yes.

Old 07-04-12, 16:33   #7323
deadlife101
Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
I think that the battery should regenerate like in Half-Life: Source and Half-Life 2.
No...Just no.

Old 08-04-12, 13:37   #7324
justus954
Snark

Jiggle bones for nihilanths man-tits. Just to give everyone nightmares.

Old 08-04-12, 21:20   #7325
RadicalEdward2
Cockroach

In Opposing Force, there is a scene where Shepherd runs into the teleportation chamber the moment that Freeman jumps in and heads to Xen. Maybe there could be an easter egg like you could see Shepherd entering the chamber the moment you leap into the portal if you turn around fast enough to see the chamber entrance.

Old 08-04-12, 23:35   #7326
xalener
Alien Grunt

No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

Old 09-04-12, 00:26   #7327
Jethrosoup
Vortigaunt

Xalener's on board, Edward.

Old 09-04-12, 01:34   #7328
deadlife101
Zombie

Quote:
In Opposing Force, there is a scene where Shepherd runs into the teleportation chamber the moment that Freeman jumps in and heads to Xen. Maybe there could be an easter egg like you could see Shepherd entering the chamber the moment you leap into the portal if you turn around fast enough to see the chamber entrance.
HELL NO.

Old 09-04-12, 03:27   #7329
acade365
Vortigaunt

Quote:
http://www.wiki.blackmesasource.com/..._Black_Mesa.3F

Old 12-04-12, 17:18   #7330
__usuario
Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutBBob View Post
It saves them a lot of time and effort having all of the zombies have the same stats.

And, they haven't added any other new enemies, the guard zombies are mainly there to add variety.
I thinked the developers of BM wanted to give time to the game. At least that's what I read everywhere in the forum. If make a new enemy (or variety, in this case is practically the same for me) is better for the game, that enemy will need time and effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana View Post
Then it would be jarring for similar-looking enemies to suddenly come at you faster.
For me, try to see if that zombie is just a -innofensive- scientist or a dangerous guard would give more suspense to the game. I say, you will have to be very attentive to see if what you see is a guard zombie or a scientist zombie, and if that zombie was a guard and you tinked it was a scientist you will need to change your priorities in the game quickly, a little like the Zombine with grenade.

In short: More action and suspense for the game.

This is my personal opinion and maybe other people don't feel the same as me about the guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Someguy View Post
Lore wise, there's no reason for them to be faster, they're the same as a Scientist, a head-crabbed human. If anything, the torso could absorb more shots due to the armoured vest, but that would be it (and no that isn't happening either).
Quote:
Originally Posted by xalener View Post
If anything, they'd be slower.
Well, the headcrabs use the body of their host body, right? So, if their host body is more athletic and stronger, the zombie will be more athletic (faster) and stronger (more resistant).
I think the guards of Black Mesa Research Facility are more athletic and stronger than the scientists.

So, the zombie guars can be faster.

And they can be stronger (or rather, bulletproof) because they use body armor.

And about the Xen and the planet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxey View Post
It's another dimension. The same natural laws that apply to our universe don't necessarily have to apply to Xen.
At the end of Lambda Complex chapter you use a technology of teleporting to go to Xen. For various reasons (and some wich I can't name because I don't know words in english to say it ) i think Xen is another part of our universe and not another dimension.

Anyway, it's just a detail. If that is not included, nothing important will happen.

Old 12-04-12, 18:49   #7331
Kairouseki
Alien Grunt

I'm pretty sure it's explicitly stated that Xen is another dimension and not just another part of our universe. It's a border dimension between ours and whatever dimension that Combine come from.

Old 15-04-12, 20:01   #7332
XenoSpyro
Headcrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairouseki View Post
I'm pretty sure it's explicitly stated that Xen is another dimension and not just another part of our universe. It's a border dimension between ours and whatever dimension that Combine come from.
I've never understood the concept of this whole "border" thing. Is it where two dimensions are in a way, alongside or overlapping ala Metroid Prime 2?

Old 15-04-12, 20:32   #7333
Kairouseki
Alien Grunt

I'm not exactly sure what it means by that either but it's its own separate dimension that has no native life to it. The Combine use it as a sort of slingshot or something to get from their dimension to ours. Kind of like in movies where people will use the gravity of a planet to fling themselves to farther away planets.

Old 16-04-12, 00:39   #7334
The One Free Cake
Snark

When you release the mod, would you mind calling the new website 'HereYouGoYouDamnIngrates' dot com?

Old 16-04-12, 18:44   #7335
_L1pE_BR
Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Free Cake View Post
When you release the mod, would you mind calling the new website 'HereYouGoYouDamnIngrates' dot com?
I don't think the devs should give that much of a fuck about haters.

Old 17-04-12, 08:56   #7336
Raminator
Past Developer

Send a message via MSN to Raminator

I always wear hater blockers while I'm at my computer:

Old 17-04-12, 09:49   #7337
Bloodshot
Alien Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoSpyro View Post
I've never understood the concept of this whole "border" thing. Is it where two dimensions are in a way, alongside or overlapping ala Metroid Prime 2?
Just look some stuff up about it or watch several episodes of Stargate. You'll get it eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by __usuario View Post
At the end of Lambda Complex chapter you use a technology of teleporting to go to Xen. For various reasons (and some wich I can't name because I don't know words in english to say it ) i think Xen is another part of our universe and not another dimension.
They explicitly call the Xen crystal that fucks everyone over the borderworld sample for a reason.

Old 18-04-12, 15:55   #7338
RadicalEdward2
Cockroach

Glitches

There's a glitch in the original Half-Life 1 where when the player is inside of a moving elevator, there would be a fairly large chance that he/she would become 'stuck' or locked into the spot that they are standing; rendering them immobile and sometimes forcing them to manually pause the game and load back to the last save point in order to repeat the process and hopefully not encountering the glitch again. Just a suggestion that you guys should try to look into that.

Also, at the end of Apprehension where Gordon is ambushed and knocked out by the soldiers, there's a rare glitch where rather than loading the next chapter in the trash compacter, the player might spawn in a mostly dark room and be rendered completely immobile with the exception of the flashlight feature and looking around. If you guys can, try to look into the glitch in order to prevent it. Just another suggestion.

Old 18-04-12, 15:59   #7339
Kairouseki
Alien Grunt

Because they're using an entirely new engine there's effectively no chance of either of those glitches being in this game.

Old 19-04-12, 07:45   #7340
bur
Alien Grunt

how can you think that there is a chance that they would occur

it makes no sense