Go Back   Black Mesa: Community Forums > Sector C > Leak-Free

Leak-Free Discussions related to Source engine development.

Closed Thread

Old 28-09-13, 11:54   #2421
WorldsAblaze
Snark

Congratulations Text! So... What does this mean for the uncut maps? Shall they be implemented into BM's next release?

Old 28-09-13, 11:59   #2422
striker
Zombie

Hey congratulations! You've more than earned it!

Old 28-09-13, 12:20   #2423
your-name-here
Lead Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldsAblaze View Post
Congratulations Text! So... What does this mean for the uncut maps? Shall they be implemented into BM's next release?
Just because Text is on the team doesn't mean he can start spilling the beans on our plans. I've already stated what the problems are with integrating his maps in are. We might just do the workshop thing and set those up there. Less hassle and more legal . Could change though. We'll let you guys know.

Old 28-09-13, 12:39   #2424
Problematic A-hole
Zombie

fucking awesome

Old 28-09-13, 13:04   #2425
Zeroniz0
Snark

OMG, Congratulations, Tetxt! It's COOL news

Old 28-09-13, 14:37   #2426
PCGameCrazy
Houndeye

Congratulations, Text!

Old 28-09-13, 15:11   #2427
Joe chief
Headcrab

Its great that now you're part of the team text! but I wonder, does this mean your going to postpone OAR uncut and foccus on the multiplayer maps now?

Old 28-09-13, 15:34   #2428
TextFAMGUY1
Developer

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm very excited to be a proper part of BMS now, helping, in my own small way, to shape the future of this absolutely fantastic mod. The support of this community throughout the entirety of my time here has been absolutely fantastic, and I really wouldn't be here today without you guys backing me up, so thank you everyone. It's been one helluva ride, and though it's not over yet, and has certainly had its ups and downs, it's been an absolute pleasure rolling with you guys.

It's been a busy month for me. I've had some serious family issues which have cut into my spare time a lot, and I've been looking for employment (a road I'm still walking), and the application process for joining the BMS Team was pretty substantial too! I apologize for keeping everyone in the dark for so long, but I'm sure you understand.

As for what I can say about the future, I'm sure you also realize that my ability to speak here is extremely limited, and with good reason. For now, yes, OaRU is on hold. I will not be developing that any longer, at least for now. In all honesty I don't know quite how it will turn out, or if I ever will now get around to finishing it. Only time will tell. For now, the beta will have to do. Luckily, I was really happy with it, and though it undoubtedly has its fair share of problems, I still consider it to be the finest piece of work I've ever produced, and hopefully you guys were pretty happy with it too.

As for official implementation of my mods with the final game, that's a huge can of worms which is best left unopened, for now. Please don't ask about it anymore, it's not something I can talk about. Assume the answer is a no, that's definitely the best course of action. It's complicated. Very complicated. For now, what your-name-here posted above, is the officially stated stance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by your-name-here View Post
Just because Text is on the team doesn't mean he can start spilling the beans on our plans. I've already stated what the problems are with integrating his maps in are. We might just do the workshop thing and set those up there. Less hassle and more legal . Could change though. We'll let you guys know.
Feel free to show your support in this area, but for now, it's probably best to not actually ask about it, as you won't get an answer.

Alright, that about wraps it up. I'm really excited to see what the future holds for this mod, and hopefully you guys are too!

Old 28-09-13, 15:46   #2429
PCGameCrazy
Houndeye

Good luck with designing the multiplayer maps, Text. I hope that they will be great!

Old 28-09-13, 15:53   #2430
WorldsAblaze
Snark

Best of luck in your future endeavors, Text! Can't wait to play your maps

Old 28-09-13, 16:27   #2431
Chickenprotector
Houndeye

As I stated in the thread Dadster started, it's well-deserved. Good luck with your endeavors. If you do decide to return to this project, it'll prolly be with a fresh prospective. I look forward to playing some of your DM maps in a future release.

Old 28-09-13, 16:44   #2432
CatzEyes93
Developer

Welcome to the team!!! VERY excited to have you on board!

Old 28-09-13, 18:10   #2433
bur
Alien Grunt

Congrats dude You deserve it!

Old 28-09-13, 18:50   #2434
Dr. Maxwell
Zombie

I'm ecstatic you're on the team! As for the Uncut maps, although it would still sadden me to see them remain unofficial, hopefully you could at least get permission to use your position in the team to better promote them.

Old 28-09-13, 19:37   #2435
Peter Brev
Snark

Congratulations.

Good luck with the team and with your life.

Old 28-09-13, 20:49   #2436
Unit24
Snark

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear! Congratulations! You completely deserve it.

Old 28-09-13, 21:57   #2437
jessiestorm88
Headcrab

Congrats mate. You really deserve it. I can't wait to play some BMDM against you and the community.

Old 29-09-13, 03:01   #2438
Strider397
Headcrab

So does this mean this thread is officially over with?

Old 29-09-13, 03:41   #2439
SergeantPancakes
Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
It has been mentioned before, but I've also encountered this (game-breaking) bug: I drove to the turntable (see attached screenshot) while it was in the wrong position, and then the tram became stuck, I could not move it in any direction anymore. Iirc, I was also not able to turn the turntable into the correct position, so I had to load from an earlier save.

While Black Mesa works mostly fine with all settings maxed out (except for motion blur; VSync turned on), in this "turntable ambush" I've had extremely low FPS, nearly unplayable, had to turn settings down for this area. It was fine if I looked outside of the ambush area, but as soon as I looked back stuttering continued. I'm not sure anymore if it became better after I turned the lights on, but if it did, then not much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider397 View Post
So does this mean this thread is officially over with?
Is there going to be a pack or a auto-installer of STUC and OaRUC? I think I remember it being mentioned before

Old 29-09-13, 06:19   #2440
Salk
Snark

My most sincere congratulations to you, Text!

I do believe you really deserved this.

Good luck with your new projects!

Closed Thread