Go Back   Black Mesa: Community Forums > Black Mesa > The Cafeteria

The Cafeteria General enquiries and discussions about the mod and its development.

Old 17-09-12, 07:55   #1
goRRilla
Cockroach

Two things that really bother me\don't make sense

1) I can understand the need to redesign On A Rail chapter, but why the
hell was the end of the Surface Tension cut down? The use of Snark weapon in the garage, the introduction of those Xen jump pads and the big battle in the warehouse are just... gone?

2) Did I missed the Snarks in Questionable Ethics? Because I only found them at the end of ST which made no sense what so ever, from a gameplay point. I get them just before the fight with Garg?? I dropped down from that vent with Snarks in my hand, saw Garg and felt like a complete idiot, man.
Snarks are a great weapon against human grunts and than again, they don't attack aliens. So why do I get them AFTER the whole Surface Tension? I have no use for them in Forget About Freeman and later. Completely useless.

This mod is truly awesome, and more than just a mod, but these two things are really killing me! Is there any reason you did this? Was it intentional, or just overlooked?

Old 17-09-12, 13:08   #2
OnboardError
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goRRilla View Post
hell was the end of the Surface Tension cut down? The use of Snark weapon in the garage, the introduction of those Xen jump pads and the big battle in the warehouse are just... gone?

2) Did I missed the Snarks in Questionable Ethics? Because I only found them at the end of ST which made no sense what so ever, from a gameplay point. I get them just before the fight with Garg?? I dropped down from that vent with Snarks in my hand, saw Garg and felt like a complete idiot, man.
Snarks are a great weapon against human grunts and than again, they don't attack aliens. So why do I get them AFTER the whole Surface Tension? I have no use for them in Forget About Freeman and later. Completely useless.

This mod is truly awesome, and more than just a mod, but these two things are really killing me! Is there any reason you did this? Was it intentional, or just overlooked?
1. Answered here.

2. yes you missed them.

Old 17-09-12, 13:14   #3
Exoskeletor
Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnboardError View Post
1. Answered here.
here where? i search the forum i didnt find any developer answer in this
The mod rocks guys, i totally respect your work

Old 17-09-12, 13:57   #4
OnboardError
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletor View Post
here where? i search the forum i didnt find any developer answer in this
The mod rocks guys, i totally respect your work
Ah my "here" link did not work.

http://forums.blackmesasource.com/sh...ad.php?t=13796

Old 17-09-12, 14:14   #5
zalez500
Cockroach

Quote:
Originally Posted by goRRilla View Post

this isnt an exact copy of HL1, they must have had their reasons, I missed those parts as well, but they compensate them very well, for example in FAF, there is one part when you face a squad of marines and a tank in a open space and you can see a air Dogfight between xen Manthas and Harriers + the awesome soundtrack, I jizzed my pants when I saw that...

Old 17-09-12, 14:26   #6
Pyro
Alien Grunt

As was discussed in another thread, the devs had to cut out all of ST from the vent to the garb in because a team member quit and they couldn't finish it. The game does suffer from it; the lack of soldiers and aliens fighting really ruins the impression of the soldiers being beaten back.

Last edited by Pyro; 17-09-12 at 14:34..
Old 17-09-12, 15:24   #7
goRRilla
Cockroach

Thanks for answering, too bad that particular map was left unfinished. It held fond memories. It really feels weird without it.
As for snarks...
you're lying! I searched the whole QE labs, they are NOT there! WHERE ARE THEY??!
I tried to smash the snark cannon but it's not working! Please let me know where to find them, I love this weapon so much, thanks.

Old 17-09-12, 15:38   #8
evilspleen1213
Cockroach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
As was discussed in another thread, the devs had to cut out all of ST from the vent to the garb in because a team member quit and they couldn't finish it. The game does suffer from it; the lack of soldiers and aliens fighting really ruins the impression of the soldiers being beaten back.

Agreed. QE and Surface Tension were always my favorite part of the game. This rendition of ST is still great, but the cuts they made to it are felt pretty hard. Probably my biggest beef with the mod.

And yes, snarks are pretty useless now.

Old 19-09-12, 04:06   #9
joshka89
Cockroach

Yeah when I fell out of the vent to see a Garg I was kinda sad. I really liked the huge battle in the warehouse and the outdoor fighting between the aliens and the marines.

It sure did scare the piss out of me though when i saw that Garg. It's been a long time since any HL game has scared me a few times, and this did it quite a few times with surprises.

Also the TOW launcher was bad ass, wish it was used more

Old 19-09-12, 04:09   #10
dky.tehkingd.u
Alien Grunt

Send a message via AIM to dky.tehkingd.u Send a message via Skype™ to dky.tehkingd.u

I'd like to know where the QE snarks are as well. I would think the Snark cannon room, but I didn't find much in there.

Old 19-09-12, 05:33   #11
jessiestorm88
Headcrab

I never found any snarks before the vent before the garg either I'm pretty sure that is where you first get them.