Dashboard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pinned [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery

drgibbles

General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

Crawfish

Black Mesa: Black Ops

Nova Terra

Pinned Summer Update

AsinoEsel

Small oversight in the Black Mesa Emergency Broadcast

AsinoEsel

Recent Activities

• lambdaman -

Liked Tuc0’s post in the thread General Xen Chit-Chat Thread.

Like (Post)
    Interesting how these screenshots can be blend together and still look quite nice.
  • drgibbles -

Replied to the thread [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery.

Going over things again, I decided to try and isolate the inner code. the 752 that we know. Discovered something, now I think its just a difficult version of leet code, we have to translate it. It goes in both directions, some words from left to…
  • Crawfish -

Replied to the thread General Xen Chit-Chat Thread.

Once Xen is out, someone should test their Hammer skills and blend those scenes into something playable!
  • Crawfish -

Like (Post)
    Interesting how these screenshots can be blend together and still look quite nice.
  • Nova Terra -

Replied to the thread Black Mesa: Black Ops.

moddb.com/mods/dark-energy So it will be something like that?What features are planned?Are you going to add new weapons\enemies?Will we meet some allies and kill some scientists\HECU?
  • Nova Terra -

Liked RimaS*34’s post in the thread Black Mesa: Black Ops.

Like (Post)
    At the moment, the focus of the story fashion about black operatives and special. operations in the Black Mesa complex. Hello dear friends! For a long time there was no news from our side. Someone who had exams, someone defended a diploma, etc., in…
  • snark567 -

Replied to the thread General Xen Chit-Chat Thread.

Nice job man, It looks like an official level.
  • snark567 -

Like (Post)
  • RimaS*34 -

Posted the thread Black Mesa: Black Ops.

Thread
    At the moment, the focus of the story fashion about black operatives and special. operations in the Black Mesa complex. Hello dear friends! For a long time there was no news from our side. Someone who had exams, someone defended a diploma, etc., in…
  • AsinoEsel -

Replied to the thread Summer Update.

Hey, as weird as this may sound, I'm actually quite happy that we got a more or less definite release date in December. Means that I still have enough time to upgrade my shitty PC specs. Especially with the new additions to the engine branch it's going…

News

• New

Going to do things a bit different than what I usually do, I'll give some background on how we are doing the levels and then show some of the small props I have been making. So we posted new images today to go along with the summer sale showing new images from the map Xen. C4a1a which is where all the images have come from so far (except for my wire frame shots) is a desert like area that is quite rocky and has many different islands. Adam, Shawn and I have been detailing the map using 3dsmax and a plug-in called WallWorm (WW) developed by Shawn Olsen (a team member and creator of the program, buy it it is great you will need Max though). Our process is to import a vmf that a LD has already made and has been divided up into a instance for ease of bringing back into hammer later. Once in Max we can turn all the displacements into a sculpt mesh and sculpt it very easily. We also can vertex paint 4way blended textures onto the mesh. We also can sculpt the mesh to form around pretty…