Dashboard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Overlapping maps

Brigid

Help replacing models + HL Decay port project

C H R I S

Pinned Summer Update

RyXen

General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

snark567

Pinned [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery

drgibbles

Recent Activities

• Brigid -

Replied to the thread Overlapping maps.

Sorry? Just thought it might be helpful. Sheesh.
  • C H R I S -

Replied to the thread Help replacing models + HL Decay port project.

Thanks! Also I'm not sure how to do that? :| EDIT: Like this? (Hidden Content)
  • RyXen -

Replied to the thread Summer Update.

Great work, Xen looks amazing!!! I´m looking forward to december!
  • rabinovich -

Liked C H R I S’s post in the thread Help replacing models + HL Decay port project.

Like (Post)
    Hi. So. This is the first time I ever made a post in a forum in my entire life because I could never be bothered and because, usually, someone else would have already done the question and I'd just use that. So I'll try to make it as clear as possible…
  • Stobing17 -

Replied to the thread Help replacing models + HL Decay port project.

First of all, I must say that it's probably one of the nicest source rendition of Decay i've seen so far. As for your problem, did you try to add the "custom" folder to the gameinfo.txt? I know that in the past, it caused some issue with non-vpk addons :/
  • Agent6 -

Liked Tuc0’s post in the thread General Xen Chit-Chat Thread.

Like (Post)
    Interesting how these screenshots can be blend together and still look quite nice.
  • Crypt -

Replied to the thread Overlapping maps.

Everyone's well aware of this, no one really cares 'cause it's not something anyone will notice while playing, which is the important part.
  • snark567 -

Replied to the thread General Xen Chit-Chat Thread.

Quote from Crawfish: “Conclusion: New Xen is beautiful in just about any color palette! Now we wait for the neon blue and pink palette to prove me wrong. ” Indeed, the devs really outdid themselves. The environment kind of has a Doctor Strange vibe…
  • drgibbles -

Replied to the thread [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery.

The over intercom voices that you hear in game, people refer to that as a vox box, or vox system
  • TornadoAP -

Replied to the thread [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery.

Quote from Jake R: “Quote from Flavrans: “[...] Assuming the poster used Google translate to create the Latin text, I tried to "reverse translate" it by trial and error in order to find an English text that would translate back into the exact same…

News

• New

Going to do things a bit different than what I usually do, I'll give some background on how we are doing the levels and then show some of the small props I have been making. So we posted new images today to go along with the summer sale showing new images from the map Xen. C4a1a which is where all the images have come from so far (except for my wire frame shots) is a desert like area that is quite rocky and has many different islands. Adam, Shawn and I have been detailing the map using 3dsmax and a plug-in called WallWorm (WW) developed by Shawn Olsen (a team member and creator of the program, buy it it is great you will need Max though). Our process is to import a vmf that a LD has already made and has been divided up into a instance for ease of bringing back into hammer later. Once in Max we can turn all the displacements into a sculpt mesh and sculpt it very easily. We also can vertex paint 4way blended textures onto the mesh. We also can sculpt the mesh to form around pretty…