Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 43.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

Tuc0 - - The Cafeteria

Any idea what map was used here as background? Could it be Vortigaunt factory? jEg4KSj.png

• hecu overhall suggestion

Tuc0 - - The Cafeteria

Yeah, specific behavior for player's active weapon would be nice, something like: retreating when player is holding explosives, panicking/running from hivehand hornets, zigzag towards player if has crossbow/revolver, retreating when player is charging with shotgun, laugh with ironic comments at crowbar.

Tuc0 - - The Cafeteria

Maybe these crystals have organic origin, and therefore are called crystals because of "growth" ability.

• Black Mesa Ranks / Security Clearances

Tuc0 - - HLGamer.com

Gordon have rank 3 as shown at start I think. I wonder which rank did Kleiner have, or if he did know where samples come from.

Tuc0 - - The Cafeteria

Quote from Nonimportantuser: “twitter.com/BlackMesaDevs/status/964205452480339968 ” Purest sample? It looks like amorphous glass-type rocks, such as obsidian, without any crystallized structure.

• Quote from chenmozx: “Not only leaves glowing. Do you notice that the battery is floating? ” Only this particular one, all other batteries are placed normally in subtransit. The floating issue was also present before Xengine patch for various mp maps.

• Quote from LordDz: “I would so play Half-Life is Strange. Black Mesa: The Stanley Parable - Play through Black Mesa, but this time with a nagging voice telling you everything you did wrong and you will start from the beginning on each death / story end. ” Wow, narrated with G-man's voice, that would be creepy

• Player being crushed by grenades, hornets while traveling elevators seem to be fixed, but needs more testing. Trip-mines bugs/glitches are still present: Trip-mines placed behind ladder does not trigger or when placed on window, it will remain in mid-air when window is smashed. Also underwater trip-mines can't be destroyed by explosive damage near it. It was already mentioned somewhere, HEV batteries leaves glowing spot when picked, probably be fixed in next patch. (Hidden Content)

Tuc0 - - The Cafeteria

I think that all HEV teams sent to XEN wouldl have helmets equipped, it would be very rare if headcrab managed to get into suit. But if do, lets hope they don't know how to use HEV suit chargers. I can already imagine deadly combo charged HEV suit + longjump zombie jumping toward you from dark cave

• Quote from ssteven: “remove random spread and use fixed pattern like in team fortress 2. ” Wouldn't fixed pattern make it more snipe weapon? I think spread is balanced well, double-shot has slower ROF and you have to switch another weapon if target is more than 10m away. But I agree that some indoor maps makes some advantage to shotgun, even more for shotgun+longjump combo. For RPG I would be happy for just fixing those bugs such as 180, laser, fast reload glitch and sudden mid-air blowups. SMG:…

• Is Xen coming out in December?

Tuc0 - - The Cafeteria

Probably yes, since it is stated as "do-or-die" deadline. I think it could vary how much bugs it will have. I hope there will be enough time to fix most critical bugs after release, before holidays, so players and devs could enjoy holidays without worries.

• Quote from ssteven: “ Rockets need to be fixed. The amount of times my rockets did a complete 180 when fired and caused me to suicide is ridiculous...Yes even with guidance off. ” Isn't that rocket follows also your opponent's target laser? Like in HLDM?

• Quote from Nova Terra: “I will be playing Black Mesa from the start because of graphical updates to the maps,new classic weapons pack and balance changes. ” Classics weapons pack are going to be released after with BM engine update?

• Quote from waveofbabies: “ Also, quick scoping with the crossbow and "hold down mouse button to zoom" combination is too strong. There should be a cooldown after you zoom in during which you can't zoom out and have to switch weapons or wait. Having your rockets blow up on enemy mp5 grenades and vice versa is jarring and weird and should not occur with such frequency. Likely the hit boxes are too big for mp5 grenades. ” I think crossbow is balanced quite fine, maybe increasing time between shots …

• I think the explosion sound effects are not that bad, the only thing that annoys me that when one of those two effects sometimes does not stop and sound needs to be restarted with console, but that topic should be discussed in bug forum section. If the whistling sound effect is hurtful with headphones, maybe sound settings could use binaural sound processing to make it more natural on headphones. For those default settings, some of those sounds good like fall damage so players have to plan Tau j…

• Quote from ssteven: “ is there a way to adjust the sensitivity for crossbow zoom? it would actually be a solid counter against tau spammers in some cases ” Options > Black Mesa > Zoom mouse sensitivity

• [Multiplayer] push_spy04_kleiner

Tuc0 - - Show Off

Interesting. Would be cool if turrets had team target logic

Tuc0 - - Show Off

Quote from LordDz: “ Players in multiplayer can't pickup anything, so can't do anything with that. ” It is possible somehow, I remember playing MP (dm_darth_town I think) map where you can pick up gun turrets and move them normally. Also satchels can be moved.

Tuc0 - - Show Off

Gave it a little test, it looks cool and it is quite huge. Got also few suggestions: There are lot of loose object that should be fixed, because in intesive fight, it will be scattered around and it will badly obstruct player's movement. Some rooms are too dark where objects are completely black and it is quite hard to see anything in there. It could use some small lights or at least red emergency lightning. It would be fun if scientists could pick up and move those explosive barrels to make som…

Tuc0 - - Show Off

Does the bomb speed increase if more marines are around? And can scientists break movement when near the bomb?