Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 349.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• OST

RedEye - - The Cafeteria

CatEyes93 was also pointing out that if you want to support the musician you can make a direct donation or the music can also be purchased. The Black Mesa Soundtrack is also available on iTunes, BandCamp (lossless audio), Google Play, Spotify, Amazon MP3 and Xbox Music.

• The WTF thread.

RedEye - - Raminator's Ladies Club

Black Mesa needs a mascot. What could be better than an all black critter. videosift.com/video/This-Chick…y-Black-From-Beak-to-Bone surreynanosystems.com/vantablack

• Quote from wayne_acoba: “So I started to check the BMS steam forums, as the devs post there more often. But geez... reading through all those post...Crikey, now I'm glad this place has become this calm and laid back forum it currently is. ” Sadly, there is not a single location where updates and snippets of information reside. Info is scattered between 2 different forums. Here is an example of what I mean Xen 2.0 and prop models. it is only posted in this forum and probably that's a good thing b…

• Public Beta impressions & bugs.

RedEye - - In-game Issues

Quote from djcj: “Some weird cross textures appear after blowing up the gargantua with the air-strike (see screenshot). The longjump module doesn't seem to work. ” Don't subscribe to any mods when testing the beta.

• They've added some tricks to it, here's hoping it works for a while.

• Quote from Johnwalter: “What's the chance that someone is reading everything we write here as our plans to safe guard the forum from spammers and allow them to get and advantage? ” 0.02% They can already post with the guest account feature but it requires reCaptcha. Any barrier, no matter how seemingly benign is enough to send them scurrying.

• Visuals do not seem updated

RedEye - - In-game Issues

You have to subscribe to the Public Beta by doing the following; Open Steam and go to your Library >>Right click on Black Mesa >>Properties >>BETAS >>Select the beta you would like to opt into: >>choose "public-beta - This branch is for our public beta" from the dropdown. FYI: If you have ANY mods installed I would recommend that you uninstall them first and restart your computer before subscribing to the public beta. Some mods don't play well with it.

• Quote from Shaddy: “How about having some kinda validation forum where you need to have a single (simple) good trial post get approved before you can make more? Even just a "here is what I like about Half-life" thread. You could just auto nuke the thing every couple of days in case that ends up being where the spam is dumped. Retro has something like that, and they've progressed so far past shitposts and spam that all that's left is elitism. ” New users require approval, i like that. Elitism be …

• How about a multi-pronged approach. (yes, i know most if not all of these are impossible due to forum software limitations) 1. Block an ip range 2. Disable the Korean alphabet, Hangul. 3. Vary the days that registration is open. 4. Use reCaptcha login for every post. 5. Vary and change confirmation questions (who is the baby in gordons locker?) etc. Why not one or more or both 113356_both.gif

• OMG "x" is on sale thread.

RedEye - - Technology and Gaming

bluesnews.com/s/189106/get-spec-ops-the-line-for-free humblebundle.com/store/spec-ops-the-line Spec Ops The Line is Free for the next 38 hours.

• Quote from Tiki: “I don't really believe in banning people because they happen to live near spammers. But there's no section of this forum for Korean to be spoken... so that would be my suggestion for the first way to filter posters. ” I don't think that it is a spam attack as much as it is a targeted attack. Some upset script kiddy who is mad because Black Mesa "reasons...". And any spammer worth his weight would hide behind a VPN, so blocking ip's might not be effective.

• Quote from Chickenprotector: “"Signs of spamming" is subjective. There's not one catch-all solution. ” Except so far there has been one major catch-all. The Korean alphabet Hangul has been used in the majority of all spam. Flag and block accounts that use it until a human can review the account.

• Quote from CatzEyes93: “Dog gonnit I really dont know what else to do. I suppose we can try the question thing again like someone else suggested, but do we really wanna do that? We are limited with our registration options and I am not sure how else to keep the spam at bay. Edit: oh and by the way, folks can post without registering anyway. I am not sure why the spam artists havent figured that out, but yeah. ” My guess is the reCaptcha is too much of a hassle for the spam artists. You could sta…

• humblebundle.com/store/agecheck/the-darkness-ii The Darkness II Free for the next 45 hours

• OMG "x" is on sale thread.

RedEye - - Technology and Gaming

Get Lethal League for Free bluesnews.com/s/188936/get-lethal-league-for-free fanatical.com/en/game/lethal-league

• Free for the next 40 hours F1 2015 humblebundle.com/store/f1-2015

• Games are art. Electronic Arts and some history of computer games. Canada style Thanks poster "subx" from bluesnews.com start snippet I knew EA sold their soul to the devil years ago, but I'd forgotten who they were before they did it. Can a Computer Make You Cry? How Electronic Arts (Re)defined the Artist From this series: The Artists Note: I sent this to Blue but it turns out that it's blocked in the US (it's like the Canadians don't like you or something) so you'll need to use something like …

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

RedEye - - The Cafeteria

Quote from subatomic: “Quote from RedEye: “Quote from subatomic: “There's no such thing as a non-standard crystal, ” There is no such thing as Xen, headcrabs or tau cannons.It's artistic license in a fictional universe. ” I feel like you people aren't paying attention. A crystal is a crystal in any universe, fictional or not. Half Life's crystal looks like a crystal. The thing posted on twitter is not a crystal in any way, in this universe, Half Life's universe, Xen, or your grandma's sitting ro…

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

RedEye - - The Cafeteria

Quote from subatomic: “There's no such thing as a non-standard crystal, ” There is no such thing as Xen, headcrabs or tau cannons. It's artistic license in a fictional universe.

• With the recent loss of Stephen Hawking, CuriosityStream has made free his tv show "Stephen Hawking's Favorite Places" and also released the 3rd and final episode. After friday march 23rd they go back under a paywall. Good Stuff curiositystream.com/hawking/