Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 43.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Xen Timeline

Ed. - - News & Developer Updates

Well goddamn, an update on Xen! Nice

• HL1 soundtrack maps?

Ed. - - Help!

oh my god. OH MY GOD. Like a motherfucken deus ex machina LOL, thank you so much mr saint!!! OP is editing OP as per requirements hehe, thanks a zillion!

• HL1 soundtrack maps?

Ed. - - Help!

Yeah Crypt I actually read what you said in another thread, but with pretty much no experience with the source SDK and any related tools that was already not an option for me, at least right now it isn't, I was hoping someone still had the files on their hard drive or something and was willing to upload it to mediafire or some other file hosting site. Thanks for giving pointers for others coming across this though.

• In HECU Uber testosterone voice MOTHER OF GOD! That soundbite of Mike was freaking wonderful, it's going to be fun fighting him! Err...wait... Also ODB you seem very experienced with the NPC lines of HL and BM, do you know why the HL vox has a lot of unusual phrases that I (think) have never heard such as idiot, adios and amigos? Were these just lines recorded for modders or as part of some E3 demo?

• HL1 soundtrack maps?

Ed. - - Help!

A while back, LieutenantSkully managed to modify the maps to play the HL1 soundtrack in the places where they played in the original game, but the two download links in that topic have long since died. EDIT: Faceless HECU Marine #102 is a godsend: mediafire.com/download/q4dn655…dified_Soundtrack_1.1.rar Does anyone still have these maps on their machine, and if so would you be willing to share them on file sharing sites like mega or similar? Don't get me wrong, Joel Nielsen did a wonderful job w…

• This sounds pretty damn interesting, especially the grenade hotkey - reminds me of Project Nevada for Fallout: New Vegas.

• HL1 RPG physics

Ed. - - Gaming Help and Support

Haha Xeoxer, sometimes I wonder just how many people looked at my profile just because of that! Ahh thanks a lot Text, yeah the spazzing rockets are pretty funny, shame they aren't kept in multiplayer lol EDIT: What's the HL1 rocket's airspeed, and what's sk_grenade_rpg_precision? Are there also any other cvars to edit? Thanks again! 2ND EDIT: Ahh, found out what rpg precision does - setting it to 0.1, from the default 1 causes it to track the laser old-school style, where it couldn't snap 180 d…

• HL1 RPG physics

That...that was nowhere near what I was asking lol I want the aerodynamics of the HL1 rocket, not to toggle the laser between dumb-fire and guided modes. if you remember in HL1, you couldn't spin the rocket 180 degrees unless a) you had a large open space for the missile to steer itself, and b) you didn't spin around fast enough to make the missile lose track of the laser. HL1's missiles had a significantly larger turning radius than BMS missiles (flick your wrist and it'll go right that way). I…

• HL1 RPG physics

The BMS rocket aerodynamics are spiffy and all, but nostalgia's hitting me and now I wanna implement HL1's style of RPG flight - where it couldn't turn on a dime and behaved somewhat more like a real missile, is there any way to do this or is it built right into the game, à la the MP5's burst fire? (If there was a way to make it single shot only, I will give a thousand cookies, chocolate chip) EDIT: This seemed to be the most appropriate forum to post this in, at least to me, feel free to move i…

• [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery

Ed. - - The Cafeteria

Quote from FranticOrange: “...It's a head-scratchingly frustrating but rewarding sub-game created by the Black Mesa developers.” That's what I love about ARGs - at times, they can be downright infuriating when the clues seem to stop, but once you find out something, then that something reveals something bigger, the feeling is awesome.

• I saw a plane in a similar setting to the cs_747 scene at the Kingsford-Smith airport in Sydney the other day...same plane, same airlock, same concrete the plane was grounded on... coincidence? I think not.

• Game stopping bug

Ed. - - In-game Issues

Yeah this was mentioned on the bugs thread, apparently it's a physics bug - smash up all the boxes around the fan, or move them out of the way so they wont touch the fan - as long as the boxes themselves aren't in contact with the fan while it is spinning up, you'll be fine. The forklift pallets won't crash the game though.

• Guys...I think that's enough of pummeling the original poster into submission...or maybe not. But bannedforlife, seriously? First playthrough on BM, I NEVER got stuck, how anyone would get stuck is beyond me...and the jumping issues can be corrected with a simple console command, or if you're so inclined, tweaking the skill.cfg file to your liking. People like you are the reason why buggy games like Fallout exist - they want a gleaming product in their hands as soon as possible, but if the produ…

• Quote from Obama Yo Momma: “That isn't too far from the truth. After Black Mesa released we had a HUGE influx of applications as well as a number of developers who used to be on the team come back to join. So we owe black mesa a great deal.” Sweet! But does that mean it'll be released valve time, because if it is... ...I can wait.

• How to enable multicore rendering

Ed. - - Help!

Ooooh, thanks cygnus!

• Really bad balancing

Ed. - - In-game Issues

Lawl leijon, the hivehand regenerated hornets at like 4 per second...but there's a slightly longer delay for ammo regen after shooting a hornet, so it's not too good if you're in an intense firefight with 4+ marines and their Assassin-level training. Rapid fire is quite beast, you do know that it fires the hornets in a very tight 3x3 grid...fire all 8 using secondary fire at a stationary target, you'll see what I mean. Speaking of Assassins...I wonder how 3 of them would cope against 3 HECU sold…

• Quote from Pyro: “this was 360 exclusive,” ffs...Microsoft, open up to PC modding...:'( Halo PC and Custom Edition was frigging awesome, just build on that some more...making it easier to create mods would be a big thing, similar to how Fallout 3 and New Vegas had the GECK modding kit...

• Yeah, Valve, when creating a game, has to cater for computers of all shapes and performances, they have to ensure not too much and not too little detail go into level design. I'm not saying the third-party modders don't always do this, but from what I've seen, they tend to release much more intricate stuff because everyone's comps have become better between mod announcement and release date.

• Half-Life 3 to be open world?

Ed. - - HLGamer.com

This is probably like what the director of Terminator Salvation did - spew out some bogus information to throw off people from the scent of the actual plot and gameplay

• ^ yeah, that would be frigging awesome, but the devs already stated that they weren't collaborating with Tripmine Studios (guys working on Operation Black Mesa and Guard Duty) :\