Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 85.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Black Mesa: Decay

KevinJRattman - - Leak-Free.org

Quote from Crypt: “Of the dozen or so versions of Dual Access that have popped up for Black Mesa ” Oh, so I guess there were other Decay remake maps for Black Mesa? Well, I been known for bad googling skills so I really should have expected that. I do think some brushworks and textures are rushed, after all, I made this in a single day (Gevanni helped me do it in a single night, if anyone gets the reference here). And I was most likely getting crazy during the last time too. And it's my first ti…

• Black Mesa: Decay

mUTloxl.png BzowQhL.png Something I made up during the break. I didn't see any Decay remakes in the Source Engine, so I think it deserves a work.

• In certain situations, the game may only display English characters. Attempting to use foreign characters will brake and disform the texts often replacing them with question marks (?). I have used Google Translator to input some of foreign characters on various part of the game see if they were working or not and this was the result. (1) Loading screens (MP "game tip" box is working correctly, although I forgot to add it on the pic) 4uBgpDG.png (2) Console input box (output box is somewhat worki…

• If I'm correct - and I'm sure I am - you just need to compile the map fully in CU3, THEN downgrade to CU2 (after compiling and everything is done), and THEN upload using working publish tool there. At least that's what I've done and it worked!

• Quote from (rot)(fodder: “So what you are saying, is that time is defined as the perception of events, thus when gravitation interferes with perceptions such as light, "time" is interfered with, or dilated? ” That's true. Gravity interferes bent-ness of space, and light, traveling in that space, is also affected. Quote from (rot)(fodder: “So here is a scenario. A star explodes light years away from two different points. One point, there is no gravitational interference. The second point, while t…

• Quote from (rot)(fodder: “I'm just going to come out and say I've never been able to understand the concept of time dilation. I should say, I know what the definition is, but I don't understand how it works. How is time defined in physics? ” Speed of light is same for everyone, regardless you are moving or not. So light beam you see when you stay still, or light beam you see when you are driving a car, has to have same speed. Now consider this situation. You are driving a car, look at a light po…

• Thanks everyone for their input. I originally planned to write very long detailed replies on each and everyone's comment and try explain what was going on my mind during the making, but that might make me like a bit of creep. I've taken a good rest for the weekend, and been working on fixing the balancing issues like people have been suggesting. I like taking suggestions! I also fixed up other minor visual bugs, too. It seems the difficulty problem is very prominent more than I thought. Now I do…

• AQNGcXK.jpg Um2nfc0.jpg PBR7Ful.jpg Hydbnkk.jpg Ti9sdka.jpg b3ixLw2.jpg X5kdI28.jpg PrYg2nu.jpg Es8uYuo.jpg FSLY6O0.jpg 6zo2fiL.jpg Download : mediafire.com/download/sfi5n3v078tkvfr/SVI.7z (UPDATED VERSION) (Size: 43 MB) (album link: imgur.com/a/ktL4E) This is a custom map for Black Mesa. ReadMe file is included in .7z file. (coming soon to Steam Workshop, when it's fixed)

• Quote from Admiral Sakai: “Close followers of the pre-disaster threads will recall my travails with the bulletin boards- how they seem to glow phosphorescently when even the tiniest bit of light hits them, way brighter than anything else nearby. I've since added the canteen tables, the filing cabinets, and the printers to this list of weirdly-lighting props, and until now I've just tried to fix them by giving them different lighting origins- which is extremely time-consuming to fine-tune, doesn'…

• sentences.txt

KevinJRattman - - The Test Chamber

Yes, there are sentences.txt located in resource folder that can be found in bm_misc_dir.vpk. For example, the VOX system at the end of OAR, C2A2C_launch_0 buzwarn(p95) buzwarn(p95) buzwarn(p95 e95) satellite(e70) launch(e70) system(e70) activated. {Len 9.13} C2A2C_launch_1 twenty(e75) seconds(e70) remaining {Len 3.71} C2A2C_launch_2 fifteen seconds {Len 2.76} C2A2C_launch_3 ten nine eight seven six five four three two one zero launch(e65) is(e70) go {Len 14.84} The announcement file is then com…

• The guard is shivering. Give him a blanket. Come to think of it, it's weird to see guards and/or scientists in a lab coat in a canteen freezer.

• c2a4x_labboard5

KevinJRattman - - The Cafeteria

Majoring methemagics I know I am not the most scientifically inclined person here, but I had examined the whiteboard texture to get used to Dr. Horn's writing and it seems the first word in the first page is "gravimetric". First I thought it starts with "ge..." but I noticed he writes "r" like "e", as seen in "Do not wipe the board! - Dr. Horn". The word under it refer to the inhomogeneous electro-magnetic wave eq but I'm not sure the corrolation between it and the gravimetric science. The secon…

• Try go into your phone settings and into DTMF settings and choose "long tones". The way automated attendant recognize a number you press is actually by hearing the tone that makes when you press the number. This is why different number from 1 to 9, #, * and 0 has different tone and why it is not muted even if your phone is muted, because it has to hear what tone has been pressed through the speaker. So basically pressing a dial is effectively a dumbed-down version of "speech recognition", or sho…

• Alternate Twist

KevinJRattman - - The Cafeteria

Quote from AsinoEsel: “Do you really think that after a disaster like THAT the government still would have sent money to Black Mesa? ” Actually, if you assume that the military were sent to help out Black Mesa crews and was able to contain the invasion, Black Mesa could be up and running again. Imagine an accident happens at the Large Hadron Collider, some people dies, so we send out rescue crews to help people evacuate. We are not going to abandon the entire facility, though. That would be stup…

• KV3cuCh.jpg Explained in a single screenshot. I always do that in Office Complex, and other chapters as well. It is such a sad to see that this is no longer possible in Black Mesa. And here I thought I was the only one doing the utmost to save them, even to the point of almost sacrificing myself. So glad to see I am not the only one! I have a friend who argues that killing them is doing a favor for them. In the end, they will most likely die horribly in the nuclear explosion, and even if they so…

• This actually was how I solved the "platform 1 platform 2 problem" - by adding a new, seperate second platform inside the main Biodome Complex. Like Dr. @Admiral Sakai, I was intrigued by the idea of having a train station outside the main facility. Dr. @danielko 's little "history" given to these platforms is something that could be implemented, too. All of them are certainly an interesting idea that I hope to see work out beautifully. I wouldn't mind about the facility having an extra entrance…

• Workshop Directory?

KevinJRattman - - Help!

Did you try this folder: [STEAM INSTALLATION DIRECTORY]\SteamApps\workshop\content\362890\520480508 So for example, if you have default installation, it would read C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\362890\520480508 Remember that if you need to install different mods you only need to navigate up to Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\362890

• Quote from Admiral Sakai: “Go ahead and send it over, I'll see what I can do about the normal maps on my end. I do have one request, though- if you can, see if you can change the date to either 1967 or 1980? All that blue panelling in the QE labs always gave me a sort of 1970s "trying too hard to be Space Age" vibe. ” Really? I always imagined QE labs to have been constructed in the later days of the Black Mesa - at least late 80s. Well, it's not that hard to change the date, though. I went with…

• I'm not sure if this is something you wanted, but I do have an unstained version of the plaque. It looks like this in-game: QdERyqZ.png p7HvUC4.png Now, I know it's a bit too shiny, this is due to normal map problem. I tried fixing it but I couldn't. I used a standard issued normal map generator, so most likely I have to use premium software to generate normal maps for it, but I do not have any resources to get my hands on it. Or it's just that I did the settings wrong. If you are an optimist li…

• Pre-Disaster Planning Thread

Quote from Admiral Sakai: “Thanks for the support! I wanted to see what else was available on Stormseeker's site, but it seems to be down at the moment... can anyone confirm this? ” Website is indeed down for everyone. According to Stormseeker himself, Quote from stormseeker: “oh - my website is down, because the server company lost all the data and i've not bugged Josh enough yet to get a new one up, nothing suspicious there either. ” I had to use WebArchieve, but even then, you know WebArchiev…