Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 430.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Decompiling Black Mesa Maps

Flavrans - - Leak-Free.org

Quote from TJHL: “This doesn't work for me. When i launch the .bat, an error pops up saying "Windows cannot find 'javaw' ". ” You need to download and install the Java SE Runtime Environment: oracle.com/technetwork/java/ja…10-downloads-4417026.html The modified version of bspsrc I posted in this thread was built in a Java 8 environment. If there's a problem with running bspsrc under JRE 10, uninstall the JRE 10 and try the JRE 8 (8u171) instead: oracle.com/technetwork/java/ja…e8-downloads-213315…

• [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery

Flavrans - - The Cafeteria

Quote from Miles07: “How many other things related to this entire ARG, from the very beginning, have been tied to the Tau Cannon? ” - The whiteboard with diagrams of the Tau Cannon. - The target name of entities related to the gibs of the scientist who dies in the Tau Cannon overcharge that were named "dr_horn". - The mysterious comment on the 752 Hex Code wiki page. - Stormseeker mentioned in an interview (can't remember which) that it was Dr. Horn who designed/created the Tau Cannon. Quote fro…

Quote from Zak: “[...] The first thing I noticed was that, in background10, there was a lot of entities prefixed with the "hidden" tag, which would obviously prevent them from showing up in the editor: (Hidden Content) The "hidden" header is used internally by Hammer, usually for entities that have been QuickHidden or are in visgroups that have been toggled off. But wait... nothing's quick-hidden, and the only manually-created visgroup present is an obsolete entity related to lighting: (Hidden C…

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

Loot ME$A: (Hidden Content) (Hidden Content)

Yet, there is this: Found in bms_misc_dir.vpk -> \scenes\c1a0a\gmanroom_conversation.vcd: Source Code (43 lines) Originally mentioned here and here.

• In Surface Tension, the blue sky seems to be reflecting off the underside of this prop: SgEIDSH.jpg For comparison, the same scene in the main public branch looks like this: wbOn6nn.jpg ] map bm_c2a5a ] getpos setpos 1068.577026 5185.717285 1676.275513;setang 0.225869 179.427490 0.000000 Next, just a minor cosmetic bug: I was admiring the new dynamic lighting on the emergency lights at the beginning of Unforeseen Consequences, when I noticed this: aAT0mzq.gif Looks like there's a slightly displa…

Quote from drgibbles: “I never played the uplink mod that was made for Black Mesa, There is a redux in the works, but I played the old one today for the Legacy version of BM. The creator said there were two Easter eggs in it related to the arg, one small one, one big one. I so far have found one of them I'm assuming is the little one. There is a scientist behind some storage containers dead, with a note that says "where is code D?" in a rot format, there is also an image of Dr. Horn next to it a…

• Black Mesa: Decay

It's a diagram of what's called a BSP tree.

• The download link goes to "http://www.blackmesagame.com/Black_Mesa_Soundtrack.zip", which just redirects to "http://www.blackmesasource.com". Replacing "blackmesagame.com" in the URL with "blackmesasource.com", however, works: blackmesasource.com/Black_Mesa_Soundtrack.zip or use https: blackmesasource.com/Black_Mesa_Soundtrack.zip

Quote from drgibbles: “There doesn't seem to be anything to do on the 3883 website, that I can spot. ” I'm puzzled by the fact that it's publishing a 32 digit hex code on the page, which is updated once a day with a new code, and obfuscating it as a barcode that is too long and too small to be scanned by a smartphone. Aside from that, maybe there are hidden pages, subfolders or files on the site, which can only be accessed if you have the direct URL to them, or find them through brute forcing, m…

Quote from drgibbles: “Had a look at GG-3883.com. There is nothing to look at on wayback machine. It says Universal trading and supply with the GG-3883. Below it is a barcode, that I'm not able to scan, but I ran it against a barcode translator and it spit out 8351801FE2633AFBCF5D552B23687BF5. Havent had any luck translating that though. The code is type 39 with a length of 32. Here are the images on the page. Nothing really indicating anything on the page, just thought it was a tad odd, and bei…

• Ah, OK. I was about to post a follow up post saying to scratch my previous post as I figured out that it could be a DPI scaling issue. For some reason, when you run Black Mesa in windowed mode, the window gets scaled (stretched) according to the scaling setting in Windows Display settings (including -noborder had no effect on this on my system). There are two ways to work around this: 1. Set the display scaling to 100%, or 2. Enable the "Override high DPI scaling behavior" setting in bms.exe Pro…

• Just a long shot, but ask the user to check if mat_viewportscale is set to something other than "1.0". You'll get a 1.5x upscaling if mat_viewportscale "0.666667" and mat_viewportupscale "1". On a side note, mat_viewportscale doesn't work well with the December Beta update. Changing mat_viewportscale messes up the new dynamic lighting engine, and the console gets spammed with "ERROR!! - Secondary View NewLights RT SIZE MISMATCH VIEWSIZE [...]" error messages. EDIT: I say long shot because I don'…

• Changing crosshair color ?

Flavrans - - Help!

Glad I could help!

• Changing crosshair color ?

Flavrans - - Help!

It takes a bit more work than simply setting a convar, but this procedure should work: 1. Set up a custom folder. 2. Using GCFScape, extract the files "resource\clientscheme.res" and "scripts\hudlayout.res" from "Black Mesa\bms\bms_misc_dir.vpk" and place them into the custom folder. For example, the folder structure might look like this: Source Code (7 lines) 3. Open "scripts\hudlayout.res" in a text editor and locate this block: Source Code (11 lines) 4. Change the "CrosshairColor" from "Orang…

Quote from Jake R: “Because nobody else seems to have posted this here yet: The Black Mesa twitter posted a GIF of what seems to be a XEN 3d / wire model, but it's all kinds of messed up. (This reply is also interesting.) Not sure if ARG-related, but with just the caption "Geomodeling from initial Xen Expedition" and no explanation on why it's all garbled I'd say it was at least worth a mention. ” So, what can we say about this GIF? - It's not the first mysterious post with "Xen Expedition" in t…

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

The individual frames of the GIF (which is actually an MP4) in that tweet converted to PNGs (using ffmpeg), in case anyone wants to analyze them in more detail.

• Are you aware of the snd_buildcache console command? It allows you to build a sound.cache file manually: Source Code (2 lines)The path must be relative to the "Black Mesa" root folder. So, for example, if you have a folder called "mymod" in the bms folder containing your mod's folder structure, then if you type the command: snd_buildcache bms\mymod a sound.cache file will be created in the bms\mymod\sound folder. If it's a .vpk, then you would type: snd_buildcache bms\mymod\mymod.vpk and the fil…

• "2009" build of Black Mesa

Quote from Cpl.1nsane: “But in true fashion as is the case both dealing with porting and the Source Engine, issues arose. These ranged from simple things breaking in maps to more complex code bugs, most notably some engine changes were made that related to the maximum number of sounds including ambient generics that could be playing within a map. This caused a lot of our maps to start going over sounds limits spamming the total_channels == MAX_CHANNELS error resulting in sounds being culled and …

• Decompiling Black Mesa Maps

I've built a new version of bspsrc-bmfix which adds support for the new V11 prop_static structure. See my first post in this thread for download links and changelog. So, the static prop lump found in the December update map files is still identifying itself as version 11, like in cu3 and cu4, but has grown by four bytes (from 76 to 80 bytes) compared to the earlier version of the structure. The four additional bytes are used by a new struct member called m_FlagsEx (a 32-bit integer), which I hav…