Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 253.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

Crawfish - - The Cafeteria

Done and done! I was considering replacing the primary image, but couldn't decide. I like the idea that the Gonarch has become a sort of mascot for this thread at this point. Such a handsome young creature.

Quote from TJHL: “I mean, there's mine, but the quality's lacking significantly so ill half to redo and re-upload before recommending to use it. ” Use the original file to upload instead of recording your screen, that'll ensure the best quality possible! blackmesasource.com/video/5.mp4

Quote from darkone: “@Crawlfish why haven't you put the mp4 on the main post? ” Done. Not sure if I can do more than just link to it without uploading it to YouTube. Anyone know if there's a way to embed video files directly?

That Nihilanth looks like he's craving some chocolate. latest

Added all the new images to OP with a link to the Steam thread. It's a shame not all the images are wallpaper sized like the Gonarch one!

• The comparison is really neat. You can really see where extra detail was added, and where certain out-of-sight things were culled for performance.

Quote from RedEye9: “Quote from Crawfish: “@Everyone, let me know if I missed any important pictures that the devs released and I'll add em! ” I copied some of the media releases and unpinned updates etc here because people were asking about them. steamcommunity.com/app/362890/…tp=8#c1489992080509315492 ” Looks like I already have all the Xen-related pictures from those. Thanks though!

Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “I'm seriously sick of these discussions constantly devolving into pointless namecalling and mobbing people with negative opinions and statements. I'm also sick of people getting defensive and upset so easily. My response was sufficient, and if Quetejodan wanted to rebuke my comments, he could have. Instead it just deteriorated into a shit-slinging competition. Unnecessary. Please don't. I love this community and it's sad to see it become like this. So I'm gonna lay down …

Quote from RedEye: “nyzp5f.jpg ” What exactly am I looking at? A pallet full of popcorn? Also, damn, even I never really considered Xen would equate to 30% of the whole game! That's honestly wild. I'm still gonna replay the whole game when it's out, but I obviously wouldn't need to to get effectively a full game's worth of time out of Xen alone.

Quote from CatzEyes93: “You guys crack me up! It is as if ya'll never played the original HL from 1998 ” The hell is "HL"? Hairy Legs? In all seriousness though, Epitaph is entitled to his opinions, but begging for Xen's release isn't exactly general conversation. It's... begging. Part of the reason I made this thread was to help keep the hype train going, but that's just a childish way to express it in my opinion. In the future, comments like that should really just be ignored. I'm obviously no…

• Show off your EVERYTHING

Crawfish - - Show Off

I changed the 7 at the end of the URL to a 6 and got this nice ass. steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1403999516

Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “On and off I've been trying to write a definitive "the history and design of Xen" dev blog. But, unfortunately, I keep getting waylaid by actual Xen work. Curses! ” Oh no... How could you possibly let something so pointless distract you from the true responsibility of Blogging?! [/italics for sarcasm] But seriously, I'll absolutely read that if you do it after all is said and done. I bet you guys have more development stories by now than even the original Half-Life did!

I'd just like to say, with Xen seeming to be looming pretty close, that I'm incredibly glad I was able to make a thread where we all could come to talk about Xen theories and leaks, without mods having to bring discussion back on topic. It's strange, but it just feels really nice. As far as headcrabs, I'd like to note that there aren't many lifeforms actually native to Xen, and it's entirely possible headcrabs came from a different world, with human-like hosts for them to parasitize, but after m…

• Since moving my games over to a new SSD, Black Mesa's Hammer doesn't seem to want to work properly. I gave Black Mesa a fresh install for the new drive, so I thought it would be fine, but no luck. On a fresh install, all of Black Mesa's expert compile options in Hammer are blank, and after copying them over from another game, it all works fine except for "Copy File". It keeps giving me an "Access is denied" error. The map itself is compiling fine, but it just can't copy the map file to the maps …

That's so cool! This says really good things about enemy variety in Xen. Though I have to admit, I'm not all that surprised about ZEVs being added. It almost seems like a must-have, y'know? No way all those HEV guys died by falling. I wonder if we'll see any new types of Vortigaunts? Maybe an armored Battle-Vort with shock amplifiers.

Quote from TornadoAP: “Quote from jessiestorm88: “I thought Xen was just a staging point for the attack and not the real home world of any of the species. ” The best way to describe what Xen is, is that basically it's an inter-dimensional train station where everyone goes to be able to go to other dimensions. After the combine started wrecking his slave empire, the Nilihanth was forced to go hobo and hide in Xen hoping to evade the combine by eventually finding another dimension to conquer. That…

I'd just like to say that I think Sakai is right. It's not really mentioned anywhere that the sample is a crystal to begin with. It could easily be a glass-like substance like Obsidian formed from molten material. And it is very obvious that volcanic glass was an inspiration for the model, regardless of what the material was intended to be. It's also possible that it was chipped and carved at, to remove excess material, to make the sample more pure.

But then you have to consider the multiple scenes throughout Half-Life and HL2 where a headcrab latches onto someone's head, and they drop on the ground and stop moving. My theory is that it takes time for the headcrab's control to take full effect, and the body is paralyzed in the meantime.

Quote from darkone: “No clue where you got the living host thing, ravenholem in hl2 proves that wrong. the place was killed off long before freeman arrived. ” I don't think that's entirely true. Throughout Ravenholm there are tons of headcrab shells. I'd assume the Combine launched those before any other experiment or attack, which would be where the abundance of zombies and headcrabs came from.

Quote from darkone: “beta branch dropped today, has a lot of new things hidden in it for us to data mine. some of it good some of it meh. hell there are a few maps that seem to just exist as lighting tests. and somejust crash the game if you load them which means xen props which are not in the game. ” Thanks! I found the update log so it wasn't as much reading as I expected. Did a speedy update on the OP.