Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Last Film You Saw

Kairouseki - - Raminator's Ladies Club

The Hateful Eight Quentin Tarantino sure does like the word nigger. It was a great movie though. Funny that quite a bit of the negative reviews talked about how violent the movie is as if that's out of the ordinary for Tarantino. In the same style though it's way over the top to the point that it's not even really disturbing. Shame Christoph Waltz isn't in it.

• Not really too interested in Gsync/Freesync right now and I think it generally inflates the prices of monitors. I'd rather wait and see if Nvidia ever implements Freesync into their future GPUs so I can choose between them. Or not want a to get a Gsync monitor and get an AMD card later. That monitor seems to have much worse contrast ratio than the ones I was thinking of getting. Might be worse than the one I have right now.

• Been using the monitor I have right now for about 5 years now and want to get a new one. Not too sure what to look for though other than refresh rate and resolution and such though. I want a 144Hz monitor though so I'm looking at those. Response times all seem to be about 1ms regardless of monitor, but the contrast ratio seems to vary quite a bit. The two I'm currently looking at are newegg.com/Product/Product.asp…QE-_-24-236-313-_-Product newegg.com/Product/Product.asp…-9SIA1G53H31558-_-Product…

• 1 and 2 are natively on PC. They're playable but not ideal. Can't get either to play their video cutscenes, but they're rare and mostly just extra history stuff to go along with monologues. Apparently this isn't a problem for everyone though but I haven't figured out how to get them to play for me. You can emulate 3 to some extent. I'd honestly suggest getting a PS3 and the Legacy Collection.

• Finished Bloodlines again, as Malkavian this time.

• Last Film You Saw

Kairouseki - - Raminator's Ladies Club

What We Do in the Shadows Vampire comedy but it's a great vampire movie in its own right. Does the traditional myths justice (well traditional as in Dracula-esque, though it touches a bit on older folklore too, and some things are changed up from what Dracula set up) and has werewolves as secondary characters and some other undead beings too. It does well on the comedy front too. It pokes fun at other vampire media too like Blade and Twilight.

• Metal Gear Solid 5

Kairouseki - - Technology and Gaming

I already know the "twist" to some extent and it was predicted forever before the game came out but still.

• Metal Gear Solid 5

Can't fulton children, bullshit. Makes it a lot harder to extract them. Would also be nice if you guys would use spoiler tags .

• Metal Gear Solid 5

Not sure how difficult it would be to implement something that would distinguish an enemy killed by you and killed by not you. Doesn't sound like it would be hard but I can't think of any game that does it. Maybe Hitman's accidents count.

• On a minimal synthpop kick again. Going through the Minimal Wave label catalog right now. Been ignoring some stuff because I want mostly 80s stuff rather than new stuff but a lot of bands that only released a few singles in the 80s and some demos are getting discography compilations recently it seems, like Deux. youtube.com/watch?v=3R5n7ZUdRbk

• I'm seriously lagging behind in TPP but I want to hurry up and finish it before I'm spoiled. I just finished episode 16 and am 32 hours in. (Hidden Content)

• Well he also has shrapnel in his brain, which could cause something like that. In any case people have been sure that there's more to the game since it was revealed, with lots of speculation that you're not actually playing as Big Boss. I finished mission 12 in TPP.

• Can confirm that MGSV definitely lives up to the hype. I haven't gotten very far but as long as you didn't hate Peacewalker's (and really, GZ's too) side mission stuff you should like it. And the gameplay makes even side missions fun anyway. Also playing your own music during missions is pretty cool. Just wish it were easier to pause and resume music so you didn't have to keep going into the iDroid if you want to pause for a second. I mean hell, you have to extract interpreters to get subtitles …

• Got to the Wish Granter in the CoC Stalker mod. All the wishes seem to have an effect but I don't know what all of them do. Wishing for the Zone to disappear crashes the game with the message "Wish granted!", wishing to be rich spawns every item in the game into your inventory (~500kg), and wishing to be immortal teleports you to Cordon and turns you into a zombie. The back of the CNPP is a fun map though. Spend quite a while just sniping monolith from a building. See below. dl.dropboxuserconten…

• Started Call of Chernobyl, a standalone mod for Call of Pripyat centered on freeplay where you choose a faction to start as and do missions and stuff given to you by the game or just screw around. I started as an ecologist. Managed to scavenge an assault rifle off a corpse after a shootout with a burrer. Radiation poisoning is kicking my ass more than anything though but I don't have any money to load up on antirads. I do have like 6 bottles of vodka though, which do in the games for some reason…

• Metal Gear Solid 5

twitter.com/konamieu/status/628249054179295232 No more 2 week delay for PC. Hopefully they're not just pushing it out early with bugs and that they actually got ahead enough to push the release date up. Really happy about this.

• Cradle finally came out and it's fun as fuck. The main part of the game so far is kind of like an adventure game where you're looking for things to use on other things to progress the story. And while there are "hints" by pressing tab they're more like journal notes. The game never (at least so far) really holds you hand, which is great. Then there's little minigames inside the amusement park that you have to do to get special items it seems. Just finished the first one where you have to collect…

• American McGee's Alice was pretty tough. Especially the final boss.

• I said in the OP but it supports VGA, DVI (which I'm using for my computer), and HDMI. There's also some audio jack but I'm not sure what it's for because it's an input I think, not an output.

• Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. That if I want to use DVI or HDMI I'd need an actual converter instead of just an adapter, though they're pretty expensive, especially compared to what I paid for the console itself. One thing I've been thinking is that I found some place that said you could plug the console into a DVD player or VCR and it would be able to convert to HDMI, which might work. There would be some quality loss but it's better than nothing. And I think there'd be quality loss wit…