Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 117.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

There is still going to be an update to adapt the pack to the new settings after the Xen release. I'll also do some smaller bug fixes that have been reported, but don't expect a complete overhaul or extension.

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

Again: all constructive critism is welcome.. I am going to update the mod at some point in the future. About the restore tool: It's a simple batch file that copies the content from /backup to the root folder of /bms. It operates from the root folder and the folder structure is the same on every computer, so if it doesn't work something on your end must be wrong. Maybe your firewall or anti-virus blocks batch scripts or you are not running it as administrator. If it doesn't work: you can manually…

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

@TextFAMGUY1 I'm always interested in constructive critism, so please do write a detailed report. Would you please pass it to me in a PM, so we don't get endless discussions in this thread between yay and nay-sayers.

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

I'll just say this to the compatibility problems: I've done my best to merge my version into Black Mesa, so it's displayed in the best possible fashion. I knew there might be problems with other custom projects because we use the same files. I anticipated that in the following fashion: - I've created a tool that restores the original files, so you can always revert back to the original Black Mesa. - I've released the MOD in a ZIP file so people can choose which files to overwrite. I've left inst…

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

Quote from Dadster: “Hezus, I know you're at the point of releasing Black Mesa Uplink, but I think you should seriously consider the suggestion made by dky.tehkingd.u above. This effect is extraordinary and is used in some of the BM maps and was just added by TextFAMGUY1's to one of his rooms in his ST Uncut add-on, that's soon to be released. I don't know how difficult it would be to add this effect into your maps, but using it in the BM Uplink area, depicted in picture number 4 below, would ma…

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

Quote from Conti: “Unfortunately, I haven't been able to pay close attention on this project, but it is very good looking! Also voted for it on ModDB. Cheers, Hezus!” Cheers to you as well for the vote! Release will be tomorrow, lads

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

News update! uplink_compare5.png

• [Tutorial] Making a mortar.

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

Good tutorial. I expected that airstrike controller to be far more complex, but it's rather simple actually

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

Quote from HECU MARINE: “Please can you tell me how you added new chapter in chapter selection when you click new game ? Because I'm making my own Xen for Black Mesa and I really need this feature.” I can tell you how it works but be aware that the problem with your Xen remake is that the actual BM Xen maps will overwrite your chapters as soon as it is released or vice versa. A manual load might be better to prevent conflicts. I used the chapter0 slot, which was unused by Black Mesa, so I bypass…

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

Quote from ojcoolj: “Yay! So that means it'll be toggle-able in the menu select?” Yup, I've reinplented the option in the menu.

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

Quote from ojcoolj: “Would you be able to implement the same commentary feature as in the Half Life 2 Episodes? And did you say on the ModDB page that you're planning commentary for the whole level?” Yup, I've added the same system as Valve uses. I've recorded 13 commentaries for the MOD Sadly I don't have the best recording gear, but the quality is good enough to be clearly understood. Plus it has subtitles, so it'll be fine.

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

Quote from Wangman: “The main issue is just the radar tower layout...it's utterly nonsensical.” I know. I even dedicated a commentary track to that exact issue, explaining why the receiver dome remains as it is. In other news, this little project was voted into the Top 100 of best Mods of 2012 on MODDB! And therefore it's currently nominated as Best Upcoming MOD for Half-Life 2. moty-250.png If you like my work, please consider voting for it on MODDB! You can find it by scrolling down to Upcomin…

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

@Wangman: I'm nearly at the end of the development cycle, so I can't take any more suggestions. About #9: I don't expect the BMS devs to release this remake with their product. Plus I would never have them integrate this into their storyline either, because that's not what it's meant to be. As for Uplink's speech assets: they were released with the demo, what was called "shareware" at the time, so using those won't be a problem. If the BMS devs are interested in releasing Uplink with an update o…

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

News update! uplink_compare4.png

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

Quote from Dalek: “It was released as a Demo about a year after Half-Life was released” It was actually only about 3 to 4 months. Half-Life was released in November 1998. Beta testing is well-underway. Sqaushed most bugs by now I hope. I'm currently working on the optimisations.

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

New news! New screenshots! uplink_compare1.png uplink_compare2.1.png

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

Quote from elivance: “Hi Hezus! We were discussing with the Hazard course modder about the impl of your mods: I said this: What do you think? By the way, I've sent you a pm on moddb for the italian translation. Bye” Yeah, the editing of BM files is a tricky problem when there are more projects out there. That's why I'm releasing 2 versions. One is the installer with all files and the 2nd is the zip version without the edited files. Ofcourse you'll lack subtitles, menu items, credits and messages…

• Uplink Remake

Hezus - - Leak-Free.org

News update here! I'm also looking for translators! If you are interested, send me a PM! Screenshot of the menu: menu.jpg

• Quote from ojcoolj: “I love you, Hezus”

• How to carry over outputs to other BSPs? According to Google searches, many people are trying to figure out how to trigger events in one map, that take place in another map. I wasn't able to find a good tutorial, so after scraping bits of information together, I decided to write this to explain how it works. First off, I'll quickly run you through the system. You can't directly target an entity in another map. The I/O-system will simply not find the entity you are refering to, since it's not in …