Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 84.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Quote from LordDz: “The new patch seems to bring some issues: I'm getting very weird crashes, some of my Hammer Editor maps crash after a few seconds. Same with some workshop maps. But.. If I loadup some workshop maps, and then load the other crashy workshop maps (that didn't crash before), they stop crashing. Same with my maps. Summary: Maps that didn't crash, do now crash after the patch. ” I thought this was just me... I've had quite a few crashes on maps I've compiled since the last update, …

• BBMIP 2.3

Narfin - - Developer Updates

Quote from Johnwalter: “Not many i hope. ” Did you mean: Many i hope.

• Wait, I'm a little confused. Is this like the Story of Gasworks where you will be showing us all your progress up to the map's current state, or are these screenshots current and we get to see Crossfire as you are developing it? Either way I'm so excited for this! Crossfire is such an iconic and unique map (at the time, anyway). I do have a question: Are you planning to leave in the death button? I was bummed when the flood button was removed from Undertow :<

• Weird spam links on some Wiki pages

Narfin - - Wiki Issues

Quote from flavrans9: “Looks like the spam is back on the Category:Chapters page. ” They are still there, too. Can anyone remove it? I can't make an account for some reason.

• What Happened to the Updates?

Narfin - - The Cafeteria

YES Crossfire! Easily my favorite deathmatch map :D

• RIP flood button :( But I guess if every playtester said to get rid of it, it needed to go. Can't wait to try out this map, Jordan. Undertow was always one of my favorites! Quick question: Do any of the hallways have conveyor belts? Those are one of the memorable features of the level for me.

• But undertow still has the button, right? Please tell me it still has the button.

• Wait, was stalkyard always a night map? I never really noticed. Quote from danielsangeo: “I want a map in Xen. Jumping around in low gravity...!” Opposing Force did that with op4_xendance, but it just wasn't very fun. Though that may have been actual level design issues, idk.

• The Story of Gasworks, Part 3

I love that you included a little story with the generators and towers! Looking around at all the tiny details was one of my favorite parts of Black Mesa, and it's so rarely done in multiplayer maps. I will have fun inspecting Gasworks inch by inch I'm sure And I'm right with you on your love for skyboxes! On the few source maps I've made, I think I put more time into my skybox than I did the actual level! Though my displacements are far worse than yours... Anyway, seeing Gasworks get closer and…

• The Story of Gasworks, Part 2

The last time I made a level in Hammer, I put curves on everything and felt proud

• BBMIP 15

The new models look much better and will fit the Black Mesa atmosphere more, but I'm definitely going to miss the whimsical displays and colors of the old models

• The Story of Gasworks

Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “I was expecting more of a response than this ” Hey, not everyone visits these forums every day I love reading these development posts though. It's really neat seeing how quality mappers/modellers/etc go through so many iterations of their work and keep remaking everything until it's just right. It takes waaay more perseverance than I've ever had I'm looking forward to seeing how Gasworks improves in your upcoming chapters. I've always assumed the map wouldn't get a very …

• 'Easter Eggs' and Cool Stuff

Narfin - - The Cafeteria

Quote from AngelSG: “I found this, I guess the guy who wrote it really knew about missiles. It's definetevely not a joke. ” It's a quote from the US Air Force

• He said this is pre-HL Something I noticed about the Black Mesa facility is that materials transport and maintenance areas are always gritty and old, while laboratories and offices are usually clean and modern. What did you envision this area of the facility to be?

• Midweek update 3.5

Absolutely continue! You are just about the only developer interaction we get ._.

• Have you submitted this to the Speed Demos Archive? That is assuming Black Mesa even qualifies in its unfinished state...

• I'm always amazed at how much thought and attention to detail went into this game. I love developer posts like this and the questionable ethics one, they make me appreciate why the mod took as long as it did.

• Perhaps electrifying whatever type of metal the fence is made of somehow blocks the houndeye attack. I dunno man, I never really thought about it and I don't think the level designers did either. As for the laser thing... it's a lot more awesome to explode a wall with laser beams than to make a hole in a fence. Just sayin'

• The Playstation and Xbox consoles have shitty motion controls at best. Honestly I've always found Nintendo consoles to be more useful. I use my PC for games with awesome graphics, and my Nintendo consoles for games that are fun with friends and at parties. On topic, I wasn't planning on buying a Wii U but I guess I'm buying one now haha Can't miss out on any version of Super Smash Brothers. Does anyone else here think that the original SSB was the most fun? I feel like I'm one of the few people …

• 3 Props and 3 Knocks

Narfin - - The Cafeteria

I hadn't realized it until you pointed it out, but there really are times that I forget that this is a mod. The devs did an excellent job executing it. As for your performance issues in the final room, I had no such problem. However, on my second playthrough of the game, I did get an inexplicable performance drop in some mostly empty room that made the game almost unplayable, but I just did a reboot and it worked fine. I guess the engine bugs out now and then? Did you try restarting your game/co…