Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 854.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Inbound would definitely be considered a similar but separate project- specifically, there is a Black Mesa remake of Azure Sheep which I am thinking of including in BMPD, and this will itself expand Inbound. So it would be redundant to work on Inbound before that comes out.

• It seems an odd thing to add to the BMPD project given that Anomalous Materials is already pre-Disaster, but I was getting some interest in this when I mentioned it in other threads so I thought I'd make it official. A while back I used Anomalous Materials as a base with which to demo some of my techniques for ambient interior lighting, and actually took a liking to the end result, to the point where I went ahead and did the entirety of bm_c1a0a in that style. In the process I also opened up som…

• At the moment a working tram system is indeed planned. The player will be able to enter a tram, select a destination, and then the map will change to the corresponding other tram station. As the Complex is built out, it may be possible to actually show the rail trip between different areas.

• I was particularly inspired by the Area 9 transit hub in Inbound, which does have dead-end rails: D79C2FF6DB1AABD30D26B21869960E117BE47EFD A16AB75C721F1CDA8F80F61D58E88F213C5B1C54 The rail system came out a little larger and more complex than I was planning (it's about half again the size of the platform), but I think I am going to run with that and make it an interchange for areas other than the Biodome as well, particularly between the northwest zone of Black Mesa (Residue Processing, Anomalou…

• So I've settled on a basic design for the rail platform that's kind of a synthesis of different aspects of various people's ideas. Obviously it's still super-WIP but I'm feeling really good about it: 43894D0DC3B6B6E8F83B31AF00A629D255ED2897

• So I've been messing around with trying to design the pd_c2a4h tram platform for a little while now, and not getting much of anywhere. I have been working here under the idea that the tram line serving the Biodome comes in from the left side of the complex (using Hammer directions here with the body of the Biodome being the 'top' and the exit road going down and to the left) and then turning upward to descend and hit other stations in the rest of the dome complex, with a possible additional pede…

• This actually existed pre-Xen, in fact as far back as 2016 when this map used Glock Marines.

• Map C's reworking kind of just came together unexpectedly; I was messing around with it and changing an area here and an area there, and before I knew it the whole thing was done. I believe I've mentioned previously what I plan to do with Map A and will probably just get right along with that, but it is worth noting that while I got some requests to play around with Apprehension and the first map of Power Up what I actually ended up doing was expanding the relit rooms of c1a0a I created for the …

• Quote from chenmozx: “After all, taking an unfinished game to the convention or using an unfinished game to do a live stream (especially in the status that the HL2, EP1, EP2 are all completed) is something that will make the guests and audiences feel strange and unavoidably disappointed. You can't tell the audiences that "Oh, we're very sorry but Xen is not done, so now we'll skip this part and go on our HL2 journey" in the live stream. Isn't that ridiculous? ” Not... really? Black Mesa certainl…

• 445909F84C09DF40EE71F544ED2F4769C4F9CC38 Still haven't got the GUI and viewmodel issue worked out even though there is a fix for the related issues with skyboxes (a console command informatively named "r_skycam_hacky_fix_enabled"), but the actual level design is about halfway through its first pass and will be closer to two thirds of the way through once I figure out what to do about the player coming around the central office area and triggering the vort ambush from behind (because that's curre…

• However, when you have multiple constant lights to illuminate, say, patches of the ceiling, there is also going to be some surface where all of the lights hit it in the same place, at the same angle, and since constant lights truly don't diminish with distance they are all going to be as bright as when they were right nearby: A676F0950BEC30EA446C7CE530EA68A0AE6B797EIn this room, since there are three constant lights arranged front-to-back, the front and back walls are going to be roughly three t…

• So, I've been gone messing around with actual maps for a while to refine my understanding of the ambient side of interior lighting, and I think I've gotten to the point where I can speak authoritatively on the subject. A quick reminder that these posts assume some basic fluency with the fundamentals of Source engine lighting and textures- if terms like "light_spot" versus "point light", "constant falloff" versus "quadratic falloff", and "shader" or "VMT" aren't familiar, I'd suggest the Valve De…

• Not that I would necessarily complain if the Black Mesa team started releasing DLC or expansion packs for the game post-Xen... I'd actually shell out a good bit of IRL money for such, in fact.

• I think when I eventually (perhaps pretty soon) take a crack at Apprehension I'll be working on it under the assumption that all or nearly all of it was in fact in active use until the disaster- building underground is expensive, and Black Mesa is trying to run itself off the American taxpayer while supporting top-secret projects; I doubt they'd let an entire sector just go to ruin like that, especially when we see labs like Blast Pit built into converted missile silos. You can get away with an …

• So, I was unable to get rid of the trigger_teleports completely, but I was able to significantly reduce their number and so Map B has now gone up. I'm really liking it. "Officially", I will be working on a number of different things in the next month or so- the expansion of pd_c1a2a, the restoration of pd_c1a2c, and also ev_office. However, pd_c1a2b is the first map I would say that I have well and truly finished, and so to celebrate I was thinking of starting work on some completely new map tha…

• Xen's Maps?

Admiral Sakai - - The Cafeteria

Quote from TJHL: “bm_c It is a black mesa map (or something, the're all consistent) 4a The section number. The sections are 0a (Inbound), 1a (AM-BP), 2a (PU-ST), 3a (FaF-LC), 4a ( Xen-[assumed] endgame) 4 The chapter number, based on which section it is in. (Forth chapter in section) a Map letter. All maps are labeled alphabetically, no matter how many maps in the chapter there are. ” I suspect that that the 'c' stands for compile, with either the Black Mesa team or the original HL1 developer te…

• Source Mod - Trouble with NPCs

Admiral Sakai - - Help!

I'm a little unclear on what exactly you're trying to accomplish here and how you're doing it. Would you mind posting some sort of breakdown of the file structure of this mod and what game-related files have been changed?

• Dy_lasers Prototype

Admiral Sakai - - Leak-Free.org

Generally attempts to add new NPCs run afoul of Black Mesa's issues with custom script content due to the Steampipe update (among other things) . However, some HL2 NPCs and other objects (like combine mines) can indeed be spawned in Black Mesa by default and I suspect others can be enabled through modifying the FGD; it may be possible to create a functional Dr. Cross by reskinning Alyx. I'll look into this. Obviously the presence of a second NPC like this will seriously affect level design; howe…

• The 'official' way that entities like props, info_decals, npcs, and prop_door_rotatings which can transfer from one map to another upon level transition are supposed to work (based on what documentation is available from the Valve Developer Wiki and other sites, as well as my own experiments) is as follows: If left to their own devices, these entities will transfer if there is playable (i.e. 'interior' in the BSP) space for them in a corresponding location in the new map (as measured relative to…

• pd_c1a2b is almost ready to ship (remind me to never make a map this goddamned large again!), I am just going back over the level transitions and trying to find a way to prevent undesirable entity transitioning without the cumbersome hidden teleports in the original maps. 8D36BBCE2BC291B4E8C3EC8C1646F9188C21E4E7 Honestly, it could be going better, but I'm not even close to exhausting everything I want to try.