Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 124.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

Kenley - - The Cafeteria

I doubt Xen will be out this summer. My guess is late this year, September at the earliest (Though I'd be happy to be proven wrong!). I'm going to guess September 30th.

• OST

Kenley - - The Cafeteria

As I said, you have to change it to blackmesasource.com/Black_Mesa_Soundtrack.zip, then the download will work. The deprecated blackmesagame.com website seems just to redirect to the correct homepage

• OST

Kenley - - The Cafeteria

I think this official download is what we have. It doesn't seem to be 320kbps, but I don't think higher quality versions are available. Maybe in the game files themselves? I'm not sure. @Hubicorn The soundtrack download link on the homepage points to blackmesagame.com, but it looks like you don't have that domain anymore, because the download doesn't work. I had to change it to blackmesasource.com manually.

• What's up with the Wiki ?

Kenley - - The Cafeteria

I kind of doubt the official wiki is coming back, but that's not the sort of stuff that was originally on there, anyway. Maybe some community members could make their own Black Mesa modding wiki.

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

Kenley - - The Cafeteria

Quote from chenmozx: “I remember that I had asked Chon at the end of 2016 that whether they would add the removed NPCs to new Xen, he said they had no plans to do so at that time. See this: Xen Timeline, at the 85th floor. ” In that thread he just says they aren't adding any new Xen creatures. His answer about restoring cut enemies (#2) is "I'd rather not spoil it." That is, we'll have to wait and see!

• [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery

Kenley - - The Cafeteria

I read it as: C 5% <scribble?> S [or 5] 0.6% O8 8.1 <scribble? %?> C [or 0] 45.98 19598. I could also read the 5% as 50/v, but that seems less meaningful

• What the heck!!!!????

Kenley - - The Cafeteria

We've been having trouble here with Chinese and Korean spam bots making hundreds of posts. For the past few weeks, though, they've been under control (Thanks to Hubicorn, I assume!). You'll notice the most recent posts are from Oct 4th I think. For whatever reason, the deleted posts stick around for a while.

• I wondered the same thing! Seems to be a coincidence though.

• Right after the original mod release, one of the devs shared a prototype map that was essentially what you describe. The intention was to see whether it could be a viable co-op mode. It was cool and fun even as a single player "tower defense," but I suspect any work that would have gone towards it got redirected to the Steam release and then Xen. Maybe someday, after Xen, it could be implemented. If you want, you can still download the map, but it will only be compatible with the classic mod.

• Hopefully this is a very good sign about the state of the game's progress! It would certainly lead to unprecedented internet rage if the Xen release had to be delayed again, so the fact that this is coming out suggests they're very confident they will meet their winter deadline. (I am assuming this feature includes new information, interviews, etc. provided by CC in part to promote the upcoming release)

• Don't you see?? It's all an elaborate message to the TRUE Half-Life fans! /s j5o10g6q0jhz.png

• Quote from drgibbles: “Is Barney Calhoun actually in the game? Not the model, but the Character Barney. ” Sort of. During the Inbound train ride you can see a guard without armor banging on a door. This is a reference to a scene at the beginning of Blue Shift where the player is locked out and sees Gordon ride by in the train. Black Mesa: youtu.be/nedHLdYHA6U?t=40 Blue Shift: youtu.be/NQghsJenN84?t=217

• Marc Laidlaw's 'Epistle 3'

Kenley - - HLGamer.com

Quote from gladoscake122: “Is it possible that when EP3 failed as a project, that's what made them rethink the decision to take Chell out of Portal 2? ” That doesn't really make sense. Why would they include an easter egg of the Borealis in Portal 2 if EP3 had already been scrapped? They would have to know that would come across as foreshadowing of the upcoming game. This suggests at least that the Portal 2 developers thought in 2011 that EP3 was on its way to eventual release. However, evidentl…

• Summer Update

Kenley - - News & Developer Updates

Looks beautiful, can't wait!! (Actually I can -- take all the time you need!)

• This is a minor graphical bug, and you may already be aware of it, but after I jumped down the blast pit into the water there are little pink particles (not the bubbles, maybe debris?) that spawn as you swim quickly through the water. If you swim just at or below the surface, they continue to be visible above water until they fade.

• This is so exciting! I finally bought BM around the holidays, but I've been waiting for the Surface Tension update to play through it. It looks awesome, especially the CSM!

• Aliens vs Marines Gamemode?

Kenley - - The Cafeteria

That would be sooo cool! But it's not going to happen, because letting players be aliens would probably require reworking a whole new version of the alien abilities just for the players, for balancing purposes and to make them more fun. They'd have to make viewmodels for the various alien hands. Crowbar Collective are already very busy, so the only way you'd see this happen would be if some third-party modders created the game mode themselves. Until then, we'll just have to stick to Natural Sele…

• Quote from Fr0z3n: “Not sure which mods to download? Why not try On a Rail Uncut - now officially released on the Steam Workshop. ”

• Is it true? Marc Laidlaw

Kenley - - HLGamer.com

In recent years, Gabe Newell has been pretty consistent in asserting that the future of video games is multiplayer experiences. Beyond that, we've seen Valve become more of a game distributor than game studio, with a lot of revenue coming from Steam (and we'll see where their Steam machines & controller go in the next couple of years). I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they stop making games altogether in the near future. If Valve releases Half-Life 3 I'll be delighted, but it's no longer some…

• It's interesting that a person starting out with BM and continuing on with the Half-Life series will actually be taking a step back in time in terms of graphics at least, and possibly also in game design and mechanics. It's been years since I played HL2 or the episodes, though, so I don't really remember how they compare to Black Mesa.