Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 137.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Summer Update 2018

AsinoEsel - - News & Developer Updates

honestly it's looking more and more like a christmas release to me. But then again, I don't think working yourself up over a release date is worth it. It will release eventually, and knowing when is not going to shorten the wait time. i think.

• Summer Update 2018

AsinoEsel - - News & Developer Updates

I do actually agree with a couple of your points. As for Lambda Core, it's certainly pretty easy to get lost in there, though that can mostly be attributed to how similar the corridors and rooms look. As for the Gargantua thing, blowing up the antenna is a little arbitrary perhaps. And yes, I do believe that some of the earthbound chapters look a little dusty compared to the newer additions to the game, but that is to be expected (nevertheless, I wish the team revisited some of the older chapter…

• Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “When we first were implementing workshop support we looked into allowing it to all be done automatically (like CS:GO), but the system was too complicated and required some coordination with Valve, which we weren't able to fully organise. ” Any chance of that feature getting implemented in the future?

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

AsinoEsel - - The Cafeteria

The model files and locations for those props are gibs\props_blackmesa\corridor_teleported. It's safe to assume that they've been randomly teleported from Black Mesa into Xen. Also, despite being in the gibs\ directory, they're not flagged as being physics props. Didn't really expect anything else, but just wanted to get that out of the way.

What the hell happened to this thread... Let's get back on track with some *meaningful* discussions here shall we So as you guys probably know the devs have mentioned that they're giving each location in Xen its own theme. We have already seen the underwater/coral reef and the cave theme from the Holiday screenshots (though they could very well be both the same), seen a sneak-peek of some kind of jungle theme and have had a look at what appears to be a fleshy theme like in the original Xen in fo…

• Besides, people are free to mod their game as they please. That's what the Steam Workshop is for. By the way, seeing as a you're already here, I would like to ask whether there are there any plans to ever revisit/ touch up the earthbound chapters after Xen to some - any - degree. I know that Black Mesa is Crowbar Collective's last and only game as Crowbar Collective, but can we expect limited support for Black Mesa after its full release? It's just that on some occasions in particular there can …

Quote from wayne_acoba: “Forgot to censor the name of that dude in the response of redeye. ” Oof. Ah well, I trust everyone here to be mature enough not to go on a witchhunt against this dude because of something as harmless as this. Besides, he already deleted his comments anyway.

m87iFlA.png Gotta love Steam forums

• Two Problems

Dang, you're right. Fixed!

• Two Problems

That I don't know. I don't believe it is affected in other Half-Life titles, though it's possible that it is in Black Mesa. Probably not though.

• Two Problems

On Hard difficulty, the damage your dealing is multiplied by 0.75, in other words, enemies effectively have 25% 33% more HP than on Normal difficutly. Wouldn't exactly call that bullet spongy. I agree on the textures though. As a matter of fact there is this really jarring disconnect going on in Black Mesa, where some levels look like they're straight from 2005 with some neat effects slapped onto them and others actually look decent by today's standards. I believe that the Black Mesa team should…

Note how they mentioned that they will release ONE more engine update before dropping Xen. In other words, sounds like we are getting pretty close to the final release. How about everyone tries to predict the release day? I'm just gonna go ahead and guess that it will come out on Friday, August 24.

oh, MSAA in itself is still working. It's just that it sometimes creates those weird outlines around objects like on the chains or the MP5. Those are definitely not supposed to be there.

For those interested, here is a comparison between no MSAA and 8x MSAA imgsli.com/MTQwMg

Quote from Dragunov2: “White lines around characters after the resonance cascade, zombies and such all have white outlines ” Yeah, afaik that's a side effect of a new engine feature they added. Doesn't work well with Anti-aliasing.

Quote from Tuskin38: “This was mentioned back in January, on Page 7 but no-one commented on it, they re-added the Poison and Fast headcrabs from HL2 to Black Mesa (they're not on stable, I checked). They're missing sounds. ” Do you reckon that they are going to retroactively put Poison and Fast Headcrabs into Xen? Or is this just some unrelated thing that happened by accident?

Just to add to this crystal discussion, the reason why the xen crystal is completely opaque is because the Source engine is not all that great with dealing with translucency. I bet that the devs would have made it semi-transparent if the engine allowed it without the bugs and glitches that come with it.

• Well, I was referring specifically to Meltdown, which *I THINK* has only been reported on Intel. Spectre however...

• Quote from dky.tehkingd.u: “Everyone's CPU is vulnerable to this attack. ” You mean everyone's INTEL CPU is vulnerable to this attack... *laughs in Ryzen* Jesus Christ I really hope it's just Intel. Fuck.

• I am pretty sure the muzzleflash always had "dynamic lighting" (aka it simply lit up the lightmaps around you in a small radius, no shadows). Or did they change them to be extra fancy?