Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 260.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

Crawfish - - The Cafeteria

Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “It was awful. We never took it anywhere because it was a totally rubbish mechanic and entirely against the spirit of Half-Life. It kinda got "stealthed" into the game by one of our programmers many years ago, and never got taken out. ” Kinda glad they did it, it's a pretty neat piece of history, and people have fun datamining that kinda stuff.

Quote from LordDz: “Only ~3 months left to christmas, we might see Xen this year guys! ” Christmas is a good bet, but wouldn't Halloween be awesome? Have it accompanied by a horror-style trailer for Xen, put into perspective how terrifying the whole situation actually is.

Quote from TJHL: “Good job, you just reset Xen development by mentioning this. ” If that were the case then I'd be fine with it if it means we're getting a cool feature expanded on.

• Summer Update 2018

Crawfish - - News & Developer Updates

Quote from ZenoPopo: “Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “given that all of Xen's development has happened over the course of 2 years ” that either means you've never really did anything xen related until latter part of 2016, or that you've started making it from scratch several times. Either of these don't fill me with optimism. ” Do you have any concept of exactly how long it takes to design and create a game of this size? Doom 2016, for example, took 8 years to make. In this post, TextFamGuy stated that…

Quote from RedEye: “I hope they release the game when it's done instead of an arbitrary games con or anniversary date. ” Por que no los dos? It's not unheard of for a finished game to be slightly delayed to line up with a notable event.

• Summer Update 2018

Crawfish - - News & Developer Updates

That's interesting food for thought. I'd love to see some of the prototype "faithful" Xen maps some day if they still exist.

Quote from darkone: “pretty sure the gonarch is the mascot of xen in general. Also man I love the new design they have given it. Less ballsack on spider more egg sack on crab. ” Personally I always thought that title went to the Nihilanth itself.

Done and done! I was considering replacing the primary image, but couldn't decide. I like the idea that the Gonarch has become a sort of mascot for this thread at this point. Such a handsome young creature.

Quote from TJHL: “I mean, there's mine, but the quality's lacking significantly so ill half to redo and re-upload before recommending to use it. ” Use the original file to upload instead of recording your screen, that'll ensure the best quality possible! blackmesasource.com/video/5.mp4

Quote from darkone: “@Crawlfish why haven't you put the mp4 on the main post? ” Done. Not sure if I can do more than just link to it without uploading it to YouTube. Anyone know if there's a way to embed video files directly?

That Nihilanth looks like he's craving some chocolate. latest

Added all the new images to OP with a link to the Steam thread. It's a shame not all the images are wallpaper sized like the Gonarch one!

• The comparison is really neat. You can really see where extra detail was added, and where certain out-of-sight things were culled for performance.

Quote from RedEye9: “Quote from Crawfish: “@Everyone, let me know if I missed any important pictures that the devs released and I'll add em! ” I copied some of the media releases and unpinned updates etc here because people were asking about them. steamcommunity.com/app/362890/…tp=8#c1489992080509315492 ” Looks like I already have all the Xen-related pictures from those. Thanks though!

Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “I'm seriously sick of these discussions constantly devolving into pointless namecalling and mobbing people with negative opinions and statements. I'm also sick of people getting defensive and upset so easily. My response was sufficient, and if Quetejodan wanted to rebuke my comments, he could have. Instead it just deteriorated into a shit-slinging competition. Unnecessary. Please don't. I love this community and it's sad to see it become like this. So I'm gonna lay down …

Quote from RedEye: “nyzp5f.jpg ” What exactly am I looking at? A pallet full of popcorn? Also, damn, even I never really considered Xen would equate to 30% of the whole game! That's honestly wild. I'm still gonna replay the whole game when it's out, but I obviously wouldn't need to to get effectively a full game's worth of time out of Xen alone.

Quote from CatzEyes93: “You guys crack me up! It is as if ya'll never played the original HL from 1998 ” The hell is "HL"? Hairy Legs? In all seriousness though, Epitaph is entitled to his opinions, but begging for Xen's release isn't exactly general conversation. It's... begging. Part of the reason I made this thread was to help keep the hype train going, but that's just a childish way to express it in my opinion. In the future, comments like that should really just be ignored. I'm obviously no…

• Show off your EVERYTHING

Crawfish - - Show Off

I changed the 7 at the end of the URL to a 6 and got this nice ass. steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1403999516

Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “On and off I've been trying to write a definitive "the history and design of Xen" dev blog. But, unfortunately, I keep getting waylaid by actual Xen work. Curses! ” Oh no... How could you possibly let something so pointless distract you from the true responsibility of Blogging?! [/italics for sarcasm] But seriously, I'll absolutely read that if you do it after all is said and done. I bet you guys have more development stories by now than even the original Half-Life did!

I'd just like to say, with Xen seeming to be looming pretty close, that I'm incredibly glad I was able to make a thread where we all could come to talk about Xen theories and leaks, without mods having to bring discussion back on topic. It's strange, but it just feels really nice. As far as headcrabs, I'd like to note that there aren't many lifeforms actually native to Xen, and it's entirely possible headcrabs came from a different world, with human-like hosts for them to parasitize, but after m…