Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 72.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• For pillars, I have meant mainly the opposite side of beams. Not sure about exact position from screenshot, but it (blue lines) could go all the way up, or from the upper platform. You could use some H section steel pillars or concrete. For steel beams to look realistic, I would recommend rotating it by 90deg, to get beam flanges to up and down position, not on sides. I haven't looked if there are any I - section beams in BM files, but I would also change it instead of H, which currently used fo…

• Few things in my mind, hope something helps: 1. I would add some steel/concrete pillars to support that steel beams on celling, it looks quite unrealistic and it will also add some detail and depth. 2. For that elevator, I would divide that upper area (optically with some different pavement/road or small fence) to have kinda separated space for loading and pallets manipulating. Also some small sized garage door for forklift or pallet jack for moving the load out of that area. 3. Increasing depth…

• BMPD: Pre-Disaster Apprehension

Tuc0 - - Leak-Free.org

I think that Itchy was placed there temporary, because there wasn't any place in Biodome. I am not sure if HEV teams would capture fully grown Itchy to bring it to Biodome, also they would have at least prepared large fish tank. More likely scenario was that team brought eggs or larvae into Biodome and after some time they realized about its dimensions and behavior. So Itchy was temporary moved into abandoned flooded sector for further examination. Also scientist mentioned that is it was moved t…

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

Tuc0 - - The Cafeteria

Quote from Admiral Sakai: “There was a scrapped feature where headcrabs would latch onto Gordon and need to be pulled off. It's been there at least since the Steam release; I think since the first release as a mod. ” Thanks for explanation. I suppose that would be nice touch for first headcrab encounters until Gordon gets crowbar or glock, but could would become quite annoying later in game, especially on "Akira" elevator.

Tuc0 - - The Cafeteria

Not sure when it was added or it was in BM all the time, but was the headcrab weapon with HEV hands part of something? Or something that was scrapped for MP gamemode?

• For Test Chamber, are you planning to add some lower areas located beneath spectrometer? For example chamber for preparing samples to be shipped upwards into test chamber. Also with all equipment for manipulating with samples, radiation cleaning chamber for HEV suits, guarded storage room with labeled sample containers. Another thing that came into my mind is how the samples are transported between sectors and complexes (Lambda?). It would be weird if BM Transit System was used also for transpor…

Tuc0 - - The Cafeteria

Interlooper shouldn't be "touched" by combine architecture, it was build only by vorts. But it would make sense if Nihilanth's gear has this combine "touch", something similar to HL2 stalkers.

• In far future , have you thought about connecting PD chapters together? For example by adding working BM Transit System between these areas, where could player take a train to another sector.

• Layout looks pretty good now, makes more sense compared to inbound screenshot. The junction rail should be at least in both directions.

• Just my opinion: I would change the layout of rails to pass-through instead of dead-end. Most rail platforms in BM were one-direction design, where train carts just passed through. If this was one of dead-end final stations, there should be more siding tracks for stacking carts.

• Tutorial - Ingame Light Editor

Tuc0 - - Developer Updates

Thanks for explanation. I had quite large opened area in my test map, so that could be the reason I didn't noticed -extrasky light bounces.

Thanks for reply, working fine now. Got few questions about parameters: -realskylightscale "x" Does this key have same effect as 4th value for "Ambient" key? (modifying amount of light) -extrasky "x" I have tried various values for this parameter, but I can't recognize any effect in lighting. What exactly does this parameter affect?

Is the "Image Based Ambient Lighting" functional? How can I set it to use ambient light from skybox texture?

Tuc0 - - The Cafeteria

Interesting feature, could add replayable element into Xen, giving player option to choose gameplay style. For stealth mode, could be nice if player had to solve some additional puzzle to get around, instead of just crouching and ignoring aliens. If the devs didn't know about this, I hope it could be additionally available with Steam Workshop like On the Rail Uncut. I am also curious how design and areas in Interlooper will look like. Could be used for production of more things, for example some…

• Summer Update 2018

Tuc0 - - News & Developer Updates

Quote from Nozoki17: “My only complaint is that for some reason, it lags as hell on my computer (which is quite beefy and I have a pretty good internet speed so I don't really understand where it comes from) ” Yeah, my guess for lags are 5 videos playing at the same time. For my PC it is also pain to scroll down, but could also depend on browser.

Tuc0 - - The Cafeteria

If there is planed HL marathon with BM included on 3rd and 4th Nov., could that mean that it will be completed? No one can start HL2 without proper HL1 ending Slightly offtopic: Does G-Man appear in each chapter in BM? I have spotted him recently in "Questionable Ethics" but compared to original, he does not appear in that chapter at all. Has anyone spotted him in other chapters like: Blast Pit, On Rail, Surface Tension? Also wondering if G-Man was able to set foot in Xen, when NIhilanth was sti…

• Summer Update 2018

Tuc0 - - News & Developer Updates

Quote from Crawfish: “That's interesting food for thought. I'd love to see some of the prototype "faithful" Xen maps some day if they still exist. ” I would really love to see some in-game Developer commentary in future, I would even buy it if it was available as DLC. Could be really cool if done as NPC scientist companion, which will travel with player and made comments about maps and development. I would also imagine if he could make some funny comments about player gameplay or map interaction…

Tuc0 - - The Cafeteria

It is ... so beautiful. The animation gives it nice touch, environment feels really "alive" compared to original.

Tuc0 - - The Cafeteria

Quote from Dark-Storm: “Sorry, but on a sold product people can expect more than the usual "we're only working in our spare time on this and only if we're up for it, so get lost"-attitude they got when this was a free mod. ” This is not right place for complaints. Most people read about product before buying anything. In case you didn't noticed, I will drop it here for you: Early Access Game "This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play…

• It could be great experience to play mode like this, got few things in my mind. In my opinion, lot of SP mods have missing "replayability" approach. All SP mods I have played don't have anything to make me play it again. And that seems to be quite unfair for creators when the put lot of work for only install-finish-uninstall experience. The SP mods deserve more time to be spent in. So I would really appreciate if the mod would lure me to play it again. For example on this specific rescue/evacuat…