Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 122.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Summer Update 2018

Kaltsu - - News & Developer Updates

Yeah, because requesting something arbitrary and unnecessary, such as funny commentaries, right when they´re in the homestrecth of finishing Xen, isn´t needy at all. You´d need a developer to be comfortable to be sitting next to a mic and then you´d need the commentary to be carefully written so that it would be completely coherent. After that someone has to cut it and edit it. Sounds like a lot of work with a very little pay-off.

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

Kaltsu - - The Cafeteria

Quote from SterlingFM: “(Hidden Content) I ported Nihilanth into Blender to show the model better ” Yeah okay, that´s just about the creepiest looking thing that I´ve seen in the HL-universe so far. Looks awesome!

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

Kaltsu - - The Cafeteria

Tweeked this picture in Lightroom a bit... I think it´s a factory from interloper and those green glowing things are probably the barrels that contain manufactured alien grunts inside them.

• Black Mesa Classic Weapons

Kaltsu - - The Test Chamber

Seriously, I´m just as excited for this pack as I am for the Xen release! This is, like... pro-level... three-dimensional-things-making! Well, that was an awkward compliment...

• Show off your EVERYTHING

Kaltsu - - Show Off

I´m trying to re-imagine old canteen signs from Half-Life and it´s expansions. Mainly just trying to learn to use Gimp.

Quote from OldDirtyBastard: “Still not ready after 4 years, I see. You'd fit into Vulva/Crowbar collective really well my bros. Will your dude get it done by Xen release Juniez? (pretty lenient deadline, namsayin?), ” I think the only one having the right to set a deadline to their mod are modders themselves. Anyway, havent they been quite clear about not even thinking about releasing this mod before Black Mesa is out of EA?

Quote from Old Hermit: “Quote from Kaltsu: “Dear Old Hermit, I was wondering if you are going to create an exhaustive HUD or just new weapon icons? Reason I´m asking, I´ve been thinking that I might try to make classic-style health, armor and ammo indicators. But if you´re already working on them, then I´ll just drop it... ” I've been considering it, but I couldn't really get it to look right. Either way, don't let me making one stop you. Go right ahead, I'd never keep someone from making art. ”…

• Black Mesa looks incredible now! Am I just imagining it or are the colours in general somehow different now? They look more balanced and realistic, not sure how to explain it... Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “ This is because we have a big new UI in the works - and that's the one that we're putting all the fancy, proper working knobs and bolts on. ” So, lets say some dude made a new menu background mod (just the background, no other changes). When this new UI comes out, will it break this poor dudes b…

Quote from Old Hermit: “Decided to round out the icon set and included the vanilla weapons, as well HkxiRR3.gif ” Dear Old Hermit, I was wondering if you are going to create an exhaustive HUD or just new weapon icons? Reason I´m asking, I´ve been thinking that I might try to make classic-style health, armor and ammo indicators. But if you´re already working on them, then I´ll just drop it...

• Bad News, Good News

Kaltsu - - News & Developer Updates

Are those sleeves retextured?

• Quote from RedEye: “That sounds more like broken and or incompatible mods than actual Workshop issues. ” No, it isn´t. None of my mods are broken and most of the mods in Workshop are either. This problem occurs with sounds and backgrounds. Texture mods works perfectly, though. Quote from cartman: “I havent logged into this in a long time because you know what? I didn't care but after your "do or die" delay, I think it's time to kill your selves... Slowly. Your fags can not program shit from your…

• Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “What's not working about the workshop? Last time I checked, we hadn't changed anything, and everything was working okay enough. ” When Black Mesa first started in EA back in 2015, mods from Workshop worked right away, just by subbing them. After some big content update (dont remember which one), they didn´t work like that anymore. For example, subbers now have to use developer console and type "snd_restart" for sound mods and if they sub a new background, they have to ex…

• The Rage Topic

Kaltsu - - Raminator's Ladies Club

Quote from JeffMOD: “I fucking hate the gaming community. Yes, it sucks that Xen was delayed. But there are a bunch of new features on their way in the meantime, and hey, AT LEAST THERE'S A FUCKING GAME AND IT'S BEING ACTIVELY DEVELOPED! Valve doesn't even bother pretending they do that anymore, but CC is actually making it happen. Fucking sit down and stop complaining about delays. This shit happens and if you've ever played a goddamn game before you should know this by now. Just let the devs d…

• Well, delayed. Again. But no biggie, good stuff takes a good amount of time and at least we get that super awesome engine update! But I´d also like to know when will Workshop work again, like it worked in the beginning? So that you could just sub a mod without hassling with dev. console or setting up extra folders and such?

• Show off your EVERYTHING

Kaltsu - - Show Off

Well, aside from a few little tweaks I think this is pretty much ready.

• [idea] Classic BM-style menu?

Oh wait, you mean the faces that are hidden? nodraw

Quote from ESToomere: “Quote from Kaltsu: “Quote from ESToomere: “Quote from Kaltsu: “I swore I wouldn´t hassle you guys with this anymore but I´m a bit jammed and could use some advice. As you can see, I put some env_sparks behind the wall right next to the logo. I want the sparks coming strictly from inside the logo but they fly right through the wall. How can make it to block sparks? ” Make that "group of 21 objects" into a func_detail for the love of all. Also, I'd test with simply making th…

• Quote from drgibbles: “Aside from a new Half-life/portal entry, maybe there is a left for dead 3 about to release too! One can hope..... ” I´d see that as a possibility, given that it is a multiplayer game and Valve seems to be more interested in them these days. Also, we have to remember that they haven´t shown the capabilities of Source 2 yet. So something gaming related just has to happen some day. Or year. Or decade.

Quote from ESToomere: “Quote from Kaltsu: “I swore I wouldn´t hassle you guys with this anymore but I´m a bit jammed and could use some advice. As you can see, I put some env_sparks behind the wall right next to the logo. I want the sparks coming strictly from inside the logo but they fly right through the wall. How can make it to block sparks? ” Make that "group of 21 objects" into a func_detail for the love of all. Also, I'd test with simply making the wall thicker. What I meant with block lig…

• After Laidlaw leaked Epistle 3, I saw it as a pretty clear sign that Valve has killed all Half-Life sequels after Ep3. It was a very frustrating and disappointing, even angering, slap in the face but shortly after I dont even think about HL3 before someone mentions it. It seems to me that Valve is mainly focusing on the biggest profits. Which is completely fine, that´s what companies are suppose to do after all, but the way they handled this whole mess with HL-continuum is just wrong. They shoul…