Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 438.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery

Flavrans - - The Cafeteria

Quote from Miles07: “Quote from Flavrans: “bms_misc_dir.vpk -> resource\bootup_english.txt: Source Code (72 lines)” C:\MATS\{99A016E1-0840-43AE-8434-A18CEDFA833B} Is this what we should be looking for? Because this looks... out-of-place. Notice that the root directory is not C:\HEV\ like the others. Is the hexadecimal code afterwards important? ... Could it be a key? ” {99A016E1-0840-43AE-8434-A18CEDFA833B} looks like a UUID or GUID. The curly braces suggest it's a Microsoft GUID. The 13th hex d…

bms_misc_dir.vpk -> resource\bootup_english.txt: Source Code (81 lines)

• Xen's Maps?

Quote from Admiral Sakai: “Quote from TJHL: “bm_c It is a black mesa map (or something, the're all consistent) 4a The section number. The sections are 0a (Inbound), 1a (AM-BP), 2a (PU-ST), 3a (FaF-LC), 4a ( Xen-[assumed] endgame) 4 The chapter number, based on which section it is in. (Forth chapter in section) a Map letter. All maps are labeled alphabetically, no matter how many maps in the chapter there are. ” I suspect that that the 'c' stands for compile, with either the Black Mesa team or th…

Quote from wayne_acoba: “So, since Surface Tension Uncut went retail I came across a pinboard texture that I didn't see anywhere else, yet. Right after the helipad battle there's a security booth to the left, you can enter it. There's some magnum ammo and a pinboard. nothing to peculiar, except this paper: (Hidden Content) (Hidden Content) wherease everything else is unreadable, this clearly says "page 428". Did anyone catch this one, yet? I never saw it anywhere. What could it refer to? Maybe a…

Quote from Shadowhand: “---snip--- ” I'm not seeing that code on terminal.bmrf.us. Some googling reveals gist.github.com/lenivene/352f7f0f83e9fe3114d09527a0be707f and greasyfork.org/en/scripts/38328-adskipper/code. It looks it's supposed to block adfly urls and must be something you've installed in your browser, and the code is injected into the html of any page you visit.

• One possible source of error could be that you selected the wrong faces in the seam between adjoining pieces when separating the collision mesh pieces, causing the face normals in that part of the mesh to point inwards instead of outwards, with respect to the selected piece of the collision mesh. If you enable display of face normals you can check each piece of the collision mesh and verify that all the normals are pointing outwards. If any of the normals are pointing inwards, you can flip them …

• If you have split the collision mesh into separate objects (and applied smooth shading to each of the objects individually), you must group them together before exporting. Simply select all the mesh objects (in Object Mode) and press Ctrl+G to group them together and name the group something like "table_r_static_phys". You should now be able to export the group as "table_r_static_phys.smd".

Quote from Gunsrequiem: “I created a small diagram with 21 rows (21 into 1), and that turns out to be a LOT of triangles ” That's 212 = 441 triangles, to be exact. The number of triangles in the bottom row is 2*21 - 1 = 41. In order to use all the bits of the HALOS code, you'll need to draw 3008 / 441 ≈ 6.82 sets of triangles (or grilled pizzas). The 3008 bits of the HALOS code won't fill a complete grilled pizza, or a whole multiple of grilled pizzas, except in the cases where the number of row…

• Decompiling Black Mesa Maps

Flavrans - - Leak-Free.org

Quote from TJHL: “This doesn't work for me. When i launch the .bat, an error pops up saying "Windows cannot find 'javaw' ". ” You need to download and install the Java SE Runtime Environment: oracle.com/technetwork/java/ja…10-downloads-4417026.html The modified version of bspsrc I posted in this thread was built in a Java 8 environment. If there's a problem with running bspsrc under JRE 10, uninstall the JRE 10 and try the JRE 8 (8u171) instead: oracle.com/technetwork/java/ja…e8-downloads-213315…

Quote from Miles07: “How many other things related to this entire ARG, from the very beginning, have been tied to the Tau Cannon? ” - The whiteboard with diagrams of the Tau Cannon. - The target name of entities related to the gibs of the scientist who dies in the Tau Cannon overcharge that were named "dr_horn". - The mysterious comment on the 752 Hex Code wiki page. - Stormseeker mentioned in an interview (can't remember which) that it was Dr. Horn who designed/created the Tau Cannon. Quote fro…

Quote from Zak: “[...] The first thing I noticed was that, in background10, there was a lot of entities prefixed with the "hidden" tag, which would obviously prevent them from showing up in the editor: (Hidden Content) The "hidden" header is used internally by Hammer, usually for entities that have been QuickHidden or are in visgroups that have been toggled off. But wait... nothing's quick-hidden, and the only manually-created visgroup present is an obsolete entity related to lighting: (Hidden C…

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

Loot ME$A: (Hidden Content) (Hidden Content)

Yet, there is this: Found in bms_misc_dir.vpk -> \scenes\c1a0a\gmanroom_conversation.vcd: Source Code (43 lines) Originally mentioned here and here.

• In Surface Tension, the blue sky seems to be reflecting off the underside of this prop: SgEIDSH.jpg For comparison, the same scene in the main public branch looks like this: wbOn6nn.jpg ] map bm_c2a5a ] getpos setpos 1068.577026 5185.717285 1676.275513;setang 0.225869 179.427490 0.000000 Next, just a minor cosmetic bug: I was admiring the new dynamic lighting on the emergency lights at the beginning of Unforeseen Consequences, when I noticed this: aAT0mzq.gif Looks like there's a slightly displa…

Quote from drgibbles: “I never played the uplink mod that was made for Black Mesa, There is a redux in the works, but I played the old one today for the Legacy version of BM. The creator said there were two Easter eggs in it related to the arg, one small one, one big one. I so far have found one of them I'm assuming is the little one. There is a scientist behind some storage containers dead, with a note that says "where is code D?" in a rot format, there is also an image of Dr. Horn next to it a…

• Black Mesa: Decay

Flavrans - - Leak-Free.org

It's a diagram of what's called a BSP tree.

• The download link goes to "http://www.blackmesagame.com/Black_Mesa_Soundtrack.zip", which just redirects to "http://www.blackmesasource.com". Replacing "blackmesagame.com" in the URL with "blackmesasource.com", however, works: blackmesasource.com/Black_Mesa_Soundtrack.zip or use https: blackmesasource.com/Black_Mesa_Soundtrack.zip

Quote from drgibbles: “There doesn't seem to be anything to do on the 3883 website, that I can spot. ” I'm puzzled by the fact that it's publishing a 32 digit hex code on the page, which is updated once a day with a new code, and obfuscating it as a barcode that is too long and too small to be scanned by a smartphone. Aside from that, maybe there are hidden pages, subfolders or files on the site, which can only be accessed if you have the direct URL to them, or find them through brute forcing, m…

Quote from drgibbles: “Had a look at GG-3883.com. There is nothing to look at on wayback machine. It says Universal trading and supply with the GG-3883. Below it is a barcode, that I'm not able to scan, but I ran it against a barcode translator and it spit out 8351801FE2633AFBCF5D552B23687BF5. Havent had any luck translating that though. The code is type 39 with a length of 32. Here are the images on the page. Nothing really indicating anything on the page, just thought it was a tad odd, and bei…

• Ah, OK. I was about to post a follow up post saying to scratch my previous post as I figured out that it could be a DPI scaling issue. For some reason, when you run Black Mesa in windowed mode, the window gets scaled (stretched) according to the scaling setting in Windows Display settings (including -noborder had no effect on this on my system). There are two ways to work around this: 1. Set the display scaling to 100%, or 2. Enable the "Override high DPI scaling behavior" setting in bms.exe Pro…