Search Results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Helicopter encounter broken?

unix87 - - In-game Issues

Are you playing on hard difficulty? I played on normal and it took about 8 hits with rockets to take it down. When I finally did it (after like 5 tries), I noticed that there is a box nearby (where you got the launcher) with infinite rocket launcher ammo. You can use it with the E key, just like in Half-Life 2. I also noticed that when NPC's do some of their scripted sequences, it is impossible to do damage to them, but I doubt that this applies to the helicopter at that point.

• AAA title prices

unix87 - - Technology and Gaming

Quote from Gasher: “Yeah, but do they censor you?.. not allow you to buy at all?.. because of violence etc?” When a game is not available, I see something like this: 2266810-region_super.png For me, Skyrim is not available, but I can still have games like Oblivion, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Left 4 Dead 1/2, GTA games or Borderlands with full gore etc. When I search for Skyrim on Steam, I get zero results. I can search for it via Google, but I can't open the page. I think it was the publishers decisio…

• At least it does not redirect to that Rebecca's Friday thing. I did not read the link to the "store" page at first and expected to be able to add it to my Steam wishlist, even though it would not change anything. It would be better if the date was "3 March 2013".

• Steam servers down?

Quote from striker: “Just that the stats page also doesn't work when all the servers are down. <...> Thx, but if you don't read that beforehand, you still don't know what's going on.” You can use the RSS Feed. Or subscribe to the thread to be emailed. In addition, you could use some filter to automatically move the emails to some folder (or add a label) to separate them from the rest and mark them as read. ... or what if there was a group on steam where announcements were made every time there i…

• The heat breaks the band gap and the diode gets cooler. It doesn't just draw heat from around it - it converts the thermal energy into visible light. So in order for it to cool something, the light has to be diverted for it to not be absorbed and converted into thermal energy again. Also, if the band gap were small enough, then I think it could produce visible light at room temperature without the need of electrical power. However, because of some issue, the light might not be strong enough to s…

• Steam servers down?

Quote from SURPLUS_NiNjA: “forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784745 You might want this thread for future reference.” Now this thread is not useless.

• Black-Aperture Update

Quote from Disturbulator: “I had one.... Make that 8” Aww, I liked it better when it was "about 7".

• Quote from DiePoente: “I guess this is the winner: steamcommunity.com/id/iminrightnow 1.1 hours in the last two weeks. *Sigh*” Wow he even got Crysis 2, Quake Wars and other games that are no longer being sold on Steam.

• I have a 75% coupon for CoD4. Also got: Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: Costume Quest 33% off a Valve game 50% off Chantelise

• Trying out Cinematic Mod

I played HL2 with CM 10.94 Light Edition and I liked how combine AI was different. They seemed to move around more, shoot while running, jump over various obstacles or from larger heights. However I found it annoying that at the end, right before breaching the citadel wall, combine NPC's used grenades a lot more often. Sometimes 2 grenades were thrown at a time. Edit: In the original HL2 NPC's also can shoot while running, guess i didn't notice that for some reason.

• Maybe it's not the battery

unix87 - - Help and Support

I once had a problem when BIOS would reset each time the PC restarts. The problem was with checksum numbers. An incorrect number was stored in the bios (or wherever it is stored), so every time the PC starts, bios gets an error of some sort and resets all settings. That got fixed in a later update. I hope you get the idea. I had this problem at least a few years ago and I only remember reading the list of fixes in the new update and there was one mentioning settings reseting and checksum numbers…

• As soon as I saw Wheatley being replaced with GLaDoS I knew what was coming. Although I did not expect that it would take him so long to realize his standing. Earlier in the game when Chell gets hold of the portal gun I noticed that I can't shoot "portals through portals" as was possible in Portal 1. So I guess that portal beams/rounds (or whatever) travel at the speed of light, which means that you can place a portal on the ground while falling at terminal velocity and fly through it. During th…

• RAM Upgrade

Quote from Cameron:D: “I suggest just downloading another 1gb, it is free after all: downloadmoreram.com/downloading.html” I like the "fast and instant" in the title.

• Beyond Black Mesa Release Date

unix87 - - Half-Life Series

Quote from mralexs: “*End of HL : Uplink* Guy who snuck into Black Mesa: No! i'm on your side!! Grunt: *nothing* *BANG* Random girl: Come with me if you want to live! why did they have to do that cliche???” It's in case you had doubts that this could get any worse.

• More from GTA4

unix87 - - Show Off

Was looking through my old screen shots and thought of sharing some. Trashed.jpg Random061.jpg CoolTV03.jpg Here's what happens when a taxi bumps into a cop... Ragingcop01.jpg Ragingcop02.jpg Ragingcop04.jpg ...death penalty on the spot. Life is tough in LC. Random145.jpg Random148.jpg Gues the cars: Random150.jpg Random151.jpg Doing fetch quests the easy way... Thelazymansway.jpg

• Creating oxygen

Has anyone seen this? physorg.com/news169216598.html