Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 855.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Black Mesa Classic Weapons

Ronster - - The Test Chamber

Well what can I say apart from this is very very nice... I don't really play computer games anymore I feel like I really have just grown out of it all together and that was happening anyway because I was more interested in creating than playing. But I may come back and have a play if this becomes available and then I will buy Steam Black Mesa and hopefully finished version of Single Player. Your mod is the only thing capable of getting me back to Black Mesa just so you know...And your doing a mi…

• AutomaticEspressoCoffeeMachine.jpg Prop suggestion for Black Mesa cafeterias to get a bit more cosmopolitan. Yes I am serious the world we live in is fueled by this stuff. perhaps if i hit it then hot steam will come out of it. I meant to post this about 6 months ago but forgot, not that important but It would bring up the aesthetic of the cafeteria environment and I think it would make for a nice model perhaps with attributes like the steam coming out of it. Interactive environments are the fut…

• BBMIP 17

Ronster - - Developer Updates

I agree it's no big deal... I am very fond of interactive objects though so no harm meant by my comments. I can see a huge potential in the object so much so that it is perhaps something that could be made more of and have the object placed in other places in the game. That is not a suggestion or an argument against any decisions. I will sight this object as the prop with the most potential I have seen thus far in terms of interactivity sound and lighting and particle features it could possess (…

• BBMIP 17

Ronster - - Developer Updates

fridge_1952-Robins-Egg-Blue2.jpg Are you opposed to a funky fridge like this or something? I do think if that fridge is nowhere else in the game then it needs to contrast with the objects next to it color wise. Chrome rimmed / rusty Old fridges really were this color I quite like this color, it's a bit daring but it's also would attract the players eye to get them to open the door. Or there is also the popular lime green vintage fridge also. How-to-be-chill-without-a-refrigerator.jpg or stick wi…

I am not asking for an update, but I do hope it is going well. I also hope you have found someone to help you out with rigging your new view model hands. Keep up the good work a lot of people are looking forward to this.

• Let's not forget this In 1972, a scale of measurement was established for alien encounters. When a UFO is sighted, it is called an encounter of the first kind. When evidence is collected, it is known as an encounter of the second kind. When contact is made with extraterrestrials, it is the third kind. The next level, abduction, is the fourth kind.

• "With my brains and your Brawn we'll make an excellent team" Did this line make it into Black Mesa I don't recall hearing it??? If it did not I hope it does.... If it is in there where is it? youtube.com/watch?v=HdW1as4PAQs

• Sorry I could not resist it... aliens-meme.jpg No but in all seriousness aliens is shocking and a one and all encompassing name that would suit all. I like head humper a lot well done that person who said that. "Those things" god I would not know what to call them.... "Monsters" Keeping it real I think if you define the different types of aliens then you go down the road of establishing that they have had a prolonged exposure to them when as the clock ticks Black Mesa spans about 2 days and 1.5 …

• A thought just crossed my mind about the maps you have shown. And I wondered are there plans to release different maps in different states for example day / night. I could imagine a very stormy wet Gasworks and a very windy stalk yard for instance. Just a thought so it feels as if although you may play the same map again and again it could feel quite different in terms of the mood although fundamentally exactly the same.

• This is all very good to see these updates the MP Maps look really Nice. Capture the Flag? well I was trying to think of an object other than a Flag.... G-man Briefcase? You'll never know what's in it because he will get it back off you...:) Nah bad idea, but what instead of a Flag? No but seriously the thing that makes me curious about MP the most are the weapons, because this is the main crux of the game and I am curious if there will be an expanded weapon set or not or different teams have sl…

I understand. Can anyone help Juniez rig the new hands to the default Black Mesa weapon set? I think if somone has the ability then this is what is needed to fully enjoy otherwise the majority of weapons will look wrong in the new hands.

Thanks for the reply, so if it's on new hands that means the new Hands will need to be rigged to all the other weapons. Is it possible to see the new hands rigged on the default weapons you are not re-doing? I assume that is the following please correct me if I am wrong. Tripmine Grenade Tau Cannon Gluon Hive hand Rocket Launcher Satchel Are your Hands HL2 size? or are they different a custom size? or are they Black Mesa Size? Will the magnum iron sights be like Black Mesa or like animation reva…

• Now before we go any further on this topic, let's take a step back and look at motivations of both the Black Mesa Team and Textfamguys Uncut mod of on a rail. Black Mesa decided to cut it back because it felt boring which I can see why they made that decision. The Uncut Mod was an attempt to replace the cut content whilst using a bit of artistic licenense to mix and change things up a bit but to extend the chapter back to it's original length. What you are suggesting is something I have pondered…

• I have been playing a bit of alien isolation recently and a few things that stood out to me and that I thought could benefit black mesa or ispiration for some ideas to throw in the melting pot. The Flare weapon slot. and really cool to use to get through dark sections. I also liked the feature of putting it down to light a room. imaging a right click to place left click to throw as weapon Alien isolation did a reasonable job with creating atmosphere. and I think a lot of that atmosphere was not …

I think these are some of the best gun models I have ever seen. Did anyone notice the control pad on the back of the left hand? I think this guy has what it takes but I am unsure of what the end result is meant to be? Is it a few of the guns or all of them? Either way I am blown away. I think this will reinviggorate my interest level back to where it was. So happy about this

Quote from MSKyuuni: “The animations are great, and I don't even mind the model size, but they're just not practical for Black Mesa. We don't need long-ass draw animations (or reloads) in a game where a second or two easily chooses between success and failure. The MP5 in that video seems to have good (and different) animations, so I don't know what's going to be used for anything else.” I agree with you on the glock and mp5 and shotgun about the draw and reloads but for the more powerful weapons…

Quote from MSKyuuni: “Looks amazing. I'm so glad he went with the actual HL guns rather than what they're based on. Also yay, the MP5SD is back complete with magical triggerless M203! I'd rather them not be on IIopn's animations, though.” Seriously? IIopn's animation are great, the biggest problem with the animation revamp is not the animation revamps fault. Black Mesa decided to make all their models a custom size, that then becomes an issue when all the gun's from HL2 mods become a different s…

Where? what? who? and how? This looks amazing

• Music script file?

Both a script and a map entity to fire / start the music. If you just play a sound file from a map it won't know that it should be on the music volume as opposed to the sound effects volume.

• Hi, Some sound files are missing, some referenced in other scripts do not work or have been removed either broken code or purposefully removed in some instances. You can get the body ibullet mpact sound mod which pu's missing sound files back for physics impacts. You can try creating those folders and putting sounds in to see if they play or reference HL2 file system and see if those sounds Exist by default in HL2 physics sound files you will need gcf scape to find out and see the files of HL2