Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 46.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

subatomic - - The Cafeteria

Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “On and off I've been trying to write a definitive "the history and design of Xen" dev blog. But, unfortunately, I keep getting waylaid by actual Xen work. Curses! ” That would be cool to read one day. The videos you made playing through your uncut mods are still among my all-time favorite developer commentaries.

Quote from RedEye: “Quote from subatomic: “There's no such thing as a non-standard crystal, ” There is no such thing as Xen, headcrabs or tau cannons.It's artistic license in a fictional universe. ” I feel like you people aren't paying attention. A crystal is a crystal in any universe, fictional or not. Half Life's crystal looks like a crystal. The thing posted on twitter is not a crystal in any way, in this universe, Half Life's universe, Xen, or your grandma's sitting room coffee table.

Quote from darkone: “Quote from subatomic: “Quote from Johnwalter: “Could be chipped. ” That's the thing, crystals don't look like that when they're chipped. They chip along flat faces because their molecules are ordered like a lattice. That looks like uncrystallized volcanic glass. ” you do realize it is a crystal in lore from another dimension right? though admittedly the "sample" from half life does appear in half life 2 and is chipped like an actual crystal would be. (for anyone who doesn't …

Quote from Johnwalter: “Could be chipped. ” That's the thing, crystals don't look like that when they're chipped. They chip along flat faces because their molecules are ordered like a lattice. That looks like uncrystallized volcanic glass.

Quote from Nonimportantuser: “twitter.com/BlackMesaDevs/status/964205452480339968 ” That's not how crystals look. Crystals have a highly ordered microscopic structure, which is why they tend to have flat faces and sharp, sometimes 90-degree, angles. That looks like glass or obsidian.

• Quote from CPU: “Quote from Johnwalter: “Quote from CPU: “Plants don't make noise when they die ” And how do we know that is a plant? ” Because it didn't make a noise when it died. ” But it does in Half Life, and I'm pretty sure it did in the Mod, so it feels like it's missing now.

• Quote from CPU: “Plants don't make noise when they die ” Huh?

• The more important question, to me, is have they added the sound of the monster dying when its blasted? Last time I played the Steam release, the monster when strangely silent when it died. It should make some noise as it dies, no? It does in the original, and I believe it did in the Mod release.

• Expecting an instant reply when it's the weekend and these guys have regular jobs and families and stuff is unfair. Patience works wonders.

• Patch 0.0.2

subatomic - - Patches

Does this include a fix for the AI bug that causes Alien Slaves to just stand there instead of attacking you? At one point in Office Complex, I was able to walk right up to two Alien Slaves and they just stood there frozen.

• Keep it up Deathmonkey7! These are great.

• BBMIP 14

subatomic - - Developer Updates

I love these updates, Brian. Thanks so much for doing them.

• For those who waited eight years for the first release, 4 months is nothing. Soon is sometime in late 2014 if not 2015, by my guess.

• BBMIP: Part 4

subatomic - - Developer Updates

Quote from P(PORTAL)RTAL: “ofcourse its not stange, it just the way the doors hang, i find it looks unrealistic” I can't tell from your two posts on the issue if you're trying to say a) the hanging doors look strange, or b) the way the doors are hanging looks strange. Which is it?

• Quote from Hyperbyte: “Ronster, your suggestions keep getting more and more obscure by the minute. Can you please slow it down a bit?” I see you've met Ronster.

• Quote from greiger: “I would highly recommend Max Gonzalez (GassyMexican). He voiced Vance for a fan film titled "The Gravity Gun".” That's a good recommendation!

• Great work, bkdale86! These details just help sell the world all the more. And thanks for doing an update blog. It's a great way to help us cope with the wait!

• Quote from Ronster: “If I can make a suggestion on what I think would be the best way to re create the HECU would be to get a walkie talkie. Place walkie a couple of centimeters fairly close to the microphone. set the speaker on the walkie talkie so it is not distorting too much make sure the microphone gain is not too high but that at peak i.e. screaming you hit 0db. push record go into another room and start voice acting down the walkie talkie. After the recording is done the sound will need e…

• Sorry, I too thought, "That sounds like Dr. Breen, not Eli."

• Quote from Dr. Maxwell: “This is pretty much the opposite of the truth. As much as I love them both, there's a much more pressing need for STU than there is for OARU.” ST would've been longer if not for complications so that's true, but frankly I think Black Mesa is incomplete without both. OAR uncut feels like the journey it's supposed to be.