Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 57.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• BMPD: Pre-Disaster Office Complex

TJHL - - Leak-Free.org

Okay, so I might have accidentally intentionally beat a guard up with a TV before stealing his gun and killing everyone in all three maps. Anyway, I'm confused with the sketch up. What level is are all the boxes on? With them being on a top-down view with multiple floors to begin with, the boxes look more like they're all on top, rather than at varying levels.

• BMPD: Pre-Disaster Apprehension

TJHL - - Leak-Free.org

The storeroom door is fine, as there are other closed off rooms with the same door seen through bm_c2a3b forums.blackmesasource.com/ind…ecdd8bb7f2bdb74838b8143fdforums.blackmesasource.com/ind…ecdd8bb7f2bdb74838b8143fd The elevator, I agree does need some additional detail. I want redo the brushwork and get a button setup, as I really have no clue how I made it so janky, so when I do that the trim will go in as well. forums.blackmesasource.com/ind…ecdd8bb7f2bdb74838b8143fd I really liked how the …

TJHL - - Leak-Free.org

The Ichy station is just about finished. The only things really left (other than the connecting stairwells and tram tunnel) is polish up the lighting, and to make the elevator work forums.blackmesasource.com/ind…ecdd8bb7f2bdb74838b8143fd forums.blackmesasource.com/ind…ecdd8bb7f2bdb74838b8143fd forums.blackmesasource.com/ind…ecdd8bb7f2bdb74838b8143fd

• Saving Dr. Doors - A Conundrum

TJHL - - The Cafeteria

If jumping backwards did delay the trigger, that was completely unintentional. Jumping in vents like that makes you go faster. The vent redirects the momentum of the jump with the angle of the vent (or something similar, I really have no clue), adding speed on top of the default movement speed. It's kind of hard to see in the video due to compression, but I am accelerating up the slope, until the flat bit stops me from flying out the vent and just body-slamming Dr. Doors.

• Saving Dr. Doors - A Conundrum

TJHL - - The Cafeteria

I did it with some time to spare: youtube.com/watch?v=6zHi0sGz7Rg

• You can (Technically) make something in hammer, but yeah an offical feature would be better. Note: I whipped this up in about 5 minutes, but it technically works. forums.blackmesasource.com/ind…ecdd8bb7f2bdb74838b8143fd What I have is a trigger surrounding the barnacle (Named burny). The trigger_multiple is set to ignite burny once a physics object hits it, which if the trigger is placed properly, looks like it did eat the flare. (Although burny does spit the flare out after it ignites.) Visuall…

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

TJHL - - The Cafeteria

Another dev "update" just went live on the steam community page. steamcommunity.com/games/36289…etail/1702815694909178809 DON'T get your hopes up. It's just an art blog.

TJHL - - Leak-Free.org

forums.blackmesasource.com/ind…ecdd8bb7f2bdb74838b8143fd forums.blackmesasource.com/ind…ecdd8bb7f2bdb74838b8143fd While the lighting and small details still need to be finished up, I think I have the near final station. I didn't add any security station because that I felt that would set the ichy lab from a temporary state to more of a it's-technically-temporary-but-it's-a-government-bureaucracy-which-means-it's-actually-permanent, as a the original low/medium level security area would not requi…

• Summer Update 2018

TJHL - - News & Developer Updates

So most likely it will be another blog post highlighting their progress, and a few more screenshots.

• Summer Update 2018

*Having fun

TJHL - - Leak-Free.org

At the moment my plan for the ichy lab rail station looks something like this: forums.blackmesasource.com/ind…ecdd8bb7f2bdb74838b8143fd To be honest it feels a bit large, and I don't exactly know what to do with the space. I can't really make it smaller, because the stairwells and track define where three of the walls can go, and if I compress the forth wall too much it starts to feel claustrophobic. The y-junction in the corner was originally supposed to be fully functional with players being a…

• Summer Update 2018

Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “One of the events planned is Black Mesa (Crowbar Collective) having a booth at Syracuse’s Retro Game Con November 3rd and 4th. Stop by if you are in the area and chat with us. I went last year as a guest and had a great time (and got some sweet video game themed magnets too). More info on this event to come. ” Half-Life Birthday: Nov 19 Most likely an update will come in November, with the devs both going to a convention and Half-Life's birthday is around that time, too.

• It depends on what they do with the engine. The reason why all the maps on the workshop broke, (and to be honest, many are still broken) was because the lighting engine went through an update. Unless they radically change how the textures and sounds are handled, nothing will be broken. (Except for the maps, but that's the mappers fault for not releasing a fixed version.)

• You Laugh, You Lose

TJHL - - Raminator's Ladies Club

Gourmet Freeman right here youtube.com/watch?v=SdC4UUtPKcg&

TJHL - - Leak-Free.org

I had the idea that the scientist was an Intern or some other low-security clearance position, and the staff that knew the truth had to make something up.

TJHL - - Leak-Free.org

Currently my plan for pd_c2a3a is to have it in a "remodeling" stage, where the staff are in the middle of replacing and repairing old, aging equipment and fixing up the rooms themselves. Also, I'm adding a rail line starting from next to the broken silo door that will be a secondary way to get into the ichy pen lab, as well as the rail line that ends inside the loading bay-turned temporary holding pen. pd_c2a3b/c I haven't thought about too much yet, but I'll probably figure a way to connect bo…

TJHL - - Leak-Free.org

One of the main reasons for making this thread is that I REALLY HAVE NO CLUE what is abandoned and what should be repaired. For example: The first half of the bm_c2a3a. Apprehension proper (I'm considering the train as part of Oar) starts off with a flooded silo that appears to be under renovation. (Note the worklight, crane, and debris) forums.blackmesasource.com/ind…ecdd8bb7f2bdb74838b8143fd The player then proceeds through a tunnel which leads to what seems to be a storage or unloading area. …

TJHL - - Leak-Free.org

I've had my eye on Apprehension for some time, mainly to learn the basics of hammer, as the rundown feel gave the impression that a pre-disaster version would very similar. With Admiral Sakai working on a pre-disaster QE transit station, and that there's actually a lot of inferred story within the maps, I've come to realize that apprehension is probably one of the most important chapters for the entire PD project. As Gordon is kidnapped by two marines, the distance between App. and RP could be t…

• By any chance do you have the official .vmf's of Apprehension? Because I remember the .vmf's were in the game files, but the April update removed them, and every time I try decompiling, the map will run for awhile, before a fatal error emerges resetting everything.

• Assuming it is a hallway connecting to a different chapter, I wouldn't worry about it. As there is no way to get up, you would be coming from another area. It doesn't matter, though, as another location would require a whole other chapter being PD'ed. If its still part of sector E, my guess is that is would ether lead to c2a3a and c2a3b, or the biodomes and other labs seen in Opposing force (Crush Depth & Vicarious Reality). I'd just leave it alone for now and finish the biodome complex, though.