Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Black Mesa Classic Weapons

Old Hermit - - The Test Chamber

Quote from Tuc0: “Is it planned to replace firing sounds for some weapons? For example for shotgun or glock, adding some "punchy" approach and also slightly familiar compared to HL1. ” We've got something cooking related to sounds. All I'll say for now.

Quote from PotatoMuffin: “Will the mod be released as one big pack, or will there be individual downloads for each weapon? Like if I wanted to use the classic shotgun, but not the classic crowbar. ” Nope, one big pack.

Quote from Remer: “I hope you guys will get these in game in time for the full release! ” Currently, in addition to ironing out the final animations and doing general upkeep, we're waiting on the release of Xen to make sure it doesn't break anything in the pack, and if it does, fixing it up. The pack won't be released before Xen is. If all goes according to plan, though, it should be released somewhat shortly after.

Quote from themuffinman: “Quick question: are you guys making a HEV suit model to go with this, or is it just the hands? ” Unfortunately, there's no plans for it at the moment, no.

• Quote from Nevermore2790: “I wonder if weapons with reloading will have empty reloading animations like the ones seen in the game? I hope they have cool admire animations as well as their fidget animation ” All weapons in this pack will be using modified versions of the sequences found in vanilla Black Mesa, with adjustments made to fit their individual sizes SpotlessEasygoingEmeraldtreeskink.gif

• Quote from 3dwizzard: “Awesome stuff here. Just found this out after I saw a tweet about it. Is this pack being remade based only on the original hl1 weapons or is it also based on the "HD" pack that was released later? From what I can gather here, at least the bow and smg look based on the original ones. However the shotgun reminds me more of the hd pack version than the original hl1 one, even though all the models look even better than those found in BMS. ” The weapons made for this pack are a…

• Just use Joazzz's aliens, then hl1_aslave_1.png Getting back on-topic, I'm liking the new hornet asset, Potato. Not really sure what's causing the center-screen bug, though. I'd recommend asking around on FacePunch, most people there know their stuff pretty well. Any progress on the Hivehand materials? I'm really curious to see how it looks, even just with base colors

• Quote from PotatoMuffin: “DZU4g5H.png getting there ” Bulk up the armor a bit more, looks really thin as-is. Materials look great as always, though.

The old scope wasn't functional, though. It wasn't centered properly, so shots would often miss, even after the projectile rework. Plus, the way they did it meant that at all times everything in front of you had to be drawn twice, in addition to the weapon itself. It was a nice idea, but the effect wasn't worth it, especially seeings how it wasn't even anti-aliased. Besides, didn't they say the new scope texture was a placeholder, anyway?

• Quote from PotatoMuffin: “qmcWVsZ.png Still a work in progress. Should make the skin a little more tan to keep it in line with MenteR's original concept artwork, as the colors should be similar ‍ to a vort but not identical. ” Really liking the materials thus far. Are you thinking you'd like to try your hand at the hivehand as well, or are you going to match the armor to the vanilla's materials?

• Quote from PotatoMuffin: “A close-up of the face: evrwinv.png I've never really worked on a Source mod before, so this will definitely be a new experience for me. Feedback is appreciated. ” I'd say go way lighter on the teeth density and make them a bit thicker. Looks pretty noisy as-is. Other than that, looking great so far! You planning on rigging it to the vanilla sequences?

Quote from Kaltsu: “Dear Old Hermit, I was wondering if you are going to create an exhaustive HUD or just new weapon icons? Reason I´m asking, I´ve been thinking that I might try to make classic-style health, armor and ammo indicators. But if you´re already working on them, then I´ll just drop it... ” I've been considering it, but I couldn't really get it to look right. Either way, don't let me making one stop you. Go right ahead, I'd never keep someone from making art.

• Quote from Aset_Lively2003: “Sorry guys, I registered on this site a day ago, I wanted to ask you how to install these models for black months, I like these models so much, and I do not know how to install them (I probably do not look carefully) ” Sorry to disappoint, but the pack isn't ready yet. Game Zombie is working to get the models properly rigged onto the default animations. He only has the crossbow left to finish at this point, and a few other minor things to add for flavor. I can't say …

• Quote from Nova Terra: “I wish I could help you but I know nothing.As HL1 fan I want to say that it's always nice to see more original things being implemented into BM,can't wait to play with Juniez pack and your icons.I also subscribed on your HL1-style ammo pack in workshop.Do you have any plans to implement HL1 style HUD in Black Mesa? ” Thanks, I'm glad you like it thus far. As for the HUD, I feel like the default already does a pretty nice job. My main issue is mostly with the VGUI elements…

• In addition to the weapon bucket icons, I've been working on making ammo icons to match the models used in Juniez' pack. jclUIO2.png It's going alright so far, but I've run into an issue that's been bothering me. The generic ammo icons are used both for ammo counts and for pickups alike. 3eK9hL3.png In vanilla BM, this isn't really an issue as they decided to use images of the ammo's world models, meaning they're all in boxes or canisters for the most part. In short I'm trying to allow for the C…

• Decided to round out the icon set and included the vanilla weapons, as well HkxiRR3.gif

• qAhTwB8.png Made some icons for the pack, will be included in the workshop release Full size: gaHQV0P.png