Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 162.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Looking great! Especially interested to see what you do beyond that locked door near the locker room. And yes, I'd be up for linking my Sector B work to this for sure!

• Quote from Admiral Sakai: “Actually, we're at the point now technologically where decompilers are working pretty well with Black Mesa's engine. If you don't mind losing some optimization, visgroups, and lighting origins you can probably get the source files back from your BSPs: Decompiling Black Mesa Maps Problem Decompiling Maps ” Wow, thanks for the link - always have had bad experiences with decompilers in the past so I thought decompiling would be a waste of time. However, bar a few odd thin…

• Hey guys, I'm back. And I've messed up big time. Let's just say that the current versions of the Pre-Disaster Sector B maps on the workshop are the definitive and last versions of these maps. I've lost the source files. I was wanting to get back into some Hammer today as I got inspired to work on these again and add more areas etc (there is a new WIP area that I made last year in the .bsp for c1a1c that I still have). However, I noticed the source files were missing. I upgraded my computer at th…

• Gonna be playing the whole game again as I do it more than once a year so it'd be an excuse to play it again as well as experience the engine improvements etc. and teleport to Xen as it was meant to be.

• Man, I saw the first part of this 5 years ago... very happy it's being continued! Makes me really wish for something like this to become official from Valve.

• Wow, that's hilarious. *Sits down and shakes head* *Spits out screws* *Becomes robot and shoots at scientists so they take a seat*

• Definitely would recommend watching the ending of the game or playing it. The final boss fight with the creature called the 'Nihilanth' and then the 'cutscene' after it are quite important.

• Last Film You Saw

ArcHammer - - Raminator's Ladies Club

Quote from dky.tehkingd.u: “Moana -- A+ for wonderful scenery, and A++ for beautifully drinkable-looking water. ” So true... the water just looked so great, and the textures for everything were so crispy. Mmm. Good job Disney.

• Last Film You Saw

Quote from jambo: “The problem with the CGI was the uncanny valley effect, whereby the closer you get to realism the more the brain rejects it. Leia was better because she only said 1 word and disappeared. ” Yeah, that's the phrase I was looking for.

• Last Film You Saw

Quote from Pyroclase: “The CGI for Tarkin wasn't amazing, but I don't remember it being that bad. ” Well I wouldn't call it not amazing, I mean, you have to admit that it was bloody good. But to re-create a human, with many wrinkles and blemishes as well, and have him realistically talk and move around and converse with a real person - well, they couldn't get it perfect could they? Still think it was technically 'amazing' - we're just not completely there yet.

• Last Film You Saw

Quote from TheeGoatPig: “Here is Tiki's joke. Here is ArcHammer's head. ” Ok fine, I didn't detect the sarcasm via text this time. Usually I'm able to do it, but hey - there's so many stupid people on the internet the lines can get blurred sometimes!

• Last Film You Saw

Quote from Tiki: “One beef I have with Episode IV is that the actor they got to play old Obi-Wan doesn't really resemble Ewan McGregor all that well. (Hidden Content) ” You mean that the actor they chose for the prequels didn't resemble Alec Guinness (Episode IV) very well. After all, the prequels were made after, so it's not Episode IV's fault!

• Last Film You Saw

Quote from Pyroclase: “I'm honestly a bit torn on the ending. (Hidden Content) ” (Hidden Content) My two cents!

• This is beautiful, guys. Keep up the great work - can't wait to sit down, relax, and experience this in half-a-year's time!

• Map A looks great. Now for my map to transition into yours and vice versa, it would be cool if there was a way for Source to 'check' if the next map is installed, and if not, disable the level transition (and therefore not crash). Failing that, though, we could have some small floating text near the elevator button saying not to press it unless the next map is installed... hmm.

• Last Film You Saw

Rogue One was amazing, and I can't wait to see it in the cinemas again ASAP.

• Quote from LordDz: “I wonder how your take on pre disaster xen will look like ” A few less science personnel dead, and that's about it Nah, actually, it might be cool to be able to walk around it and not be attacked by the Xenian creatures either. We'll have to wait and see what it all looks like when it's out!

• Looking good. Just wondering if there's a way for the source engine to "check" that the player has a certain map installed, and if yes, continue the commands. Would be useful for the end of Sector B part 3, at the lift to Sector D. If the player has your map A installed, then it closed the lift doors and changes level. If not, doors stay open and nothing happens. Hmm.

• Xen Timeline

ArcHammer - - News & Developer Updates

Well holy damn, it's announced. Can't wait to encounter an extremely saucy high-res model of the Nihilanth, and I'm interested as to who's voicing GMan at the end. Can't wait.

• Quote from Admiral Sakai: “So on a bit of a whim, I started a fresh restoration of A map and tried keeping the original spotlights and just making them brighter, then centering the pseudoconstants over the actual light models. This became a blinding nightmare, but then I turned the bloom WAAAAAAAAAAAY down and... I'm actually extremely pleased with the results so far: ” Well that's good, because, y'know, I wouldn't mind having my sector B link into sector D when map A is done