Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 113.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Personally? I would have preferred it if there was a "crouch-jump" keybind in the options, separate from the regular "crouch" & "jump" keybinds.

• As far as stuff I enjoyed about the Steam release (note: I'll actually play it once the repairs are done on my computer. I'm going by what I've seen of it in playthroughs), I can only think of 1 thing that hasn't been brought up yet on this thread: The fact that ALL the reloads take the chambered round into account (ie, they only cock if you empty the clip before reloading). Stuff I didn't like:1. The RPG still has no clip counter. 2. The Revolver's reload still doesn't take the number of bullet…

• Quote from JeffMOD: “So it uses the same ammo in real life, but not in the game, and also has less ammo per magazine and less functionality. I'd rather go for a convar model swap to a Beretta with an extended magazine.” You realize they make the Beretta M9 in a 0.45 ACP version in real life, right? Or am I thinking of the 92FS? Honestly, I always thought the HD pack model looked more like a 92FS than an M9. Also, to make up for "no underwater firing", penetrating projectiles.

• My suggestion involved the pistol having a separate ammo from the Glock, & being unable to fire underwater.

• I'd like to see what was suggested in the opening post, with 2 differences: - The MP5 keeps the grenade launcher - The M4 has an M9 pistol mounted under the barrel as the alt-fire. Yes, attachments that let you mount a pistol under the barrel of an M4 actually exist.

• I'd want an Alien Aircraft because then I wouldn't need to pay transit fees for the bus. Plus, it'd zap anything that tries to hurt me & it's low-maintenance. I'd also want a bullsquid, since they'd make good guard monsters. The only problem with a bullsquid is that the slime would a pain to clean up.

• Quote from danielsangeo: “Not my photo, but just showing what I had. Yeah, I had the soundtrack, too.” Oh. But is the case at the bottom the soundtrack?

• Quote from danielsangeo: “Pssht, I remember buying Half-Life. In a brick-and-mortar store. DSC03733.jpg” Nice. You still even have the original Soundtrack case (at least, I'm assuming that's what the plastic CD case at the bottom right is).

• How come there's no "On a Rail Uncut" version of this captions fix?

• Soundtrack Titles

Open Source Forever - - The Cafeteria

Here's my titles. I'm recycling a lot of already-used titles, but I came up with a few of them myself. Also, I came up with different titles where a song plays in several parts at different points.- Black Mesa Theme - Black Mesa Theme - Black Mesa Inbound Part 1 - Dislocation - Black Mesa Inbound Part 2 - Uncertainty - Black Mesa Inbound Part 3 - Equal Opportunity - Anomalous Materials - Proper Precautions - Black Mesa Theme (Mesa Remix) - Aftermath of a Resonance Cascade - Unforeseen Consequenc…

• Soundtrack Titles

Open Source Forever - - The Cafeteria

I think the "Misc. 3" song plays again when you get to the supply depot in Lambda Core.

• Well, I know the financial crisis thing was a joke, but it does make perfect sense when you consider the fact that the place is an OSHA field day waiting to happen. For all we know, that might have actually been the case in this universe. Also, the even though the Hazardous Environment Combat Unit use all Marines vehicles in the mod, I thought of a perfect justification for why they use equipment from the Army & the Air Force as well in the original: they're actually a collaborative effort betwe…

• Quote from Mr. Someguy: “It makes sense if you think about it though. Black Mesa is a corporation, and a seemingly large one at that. Companies generally run their hardware and software for as long as it's useful, unlike consumers who upgrade when something new comes out. Thus, CRT monitors and old Computers dotting the labs aren't a sign that Black Mesa is set in the wrong time period, but a sign that the Black Mesa Corporation hasn't upgraded this equipment yet, because it still does the job i…

• Quote from .RK: “The opening tunnels just after the lift are directly modeled after HL1 (with the exception of the office at the bottom, that's new). The ramp room also comes from HL1, although it is definitely expanded. The houndeye landing is mostly captured too (although it's a dead end in the stock version and you can't take your tram there). In place of the crane is the electrical pool puzzle, which is completely new to Black Mesa. And the turret elevator is a stand-in for the marine elevat…

• What areas of Half-Life 1's version of On A Rail are covered by the opening map of Bλack Mesa: Source's version? Also, what entirely new stuff was added in that area?

• Quote from Crypt: “Xen platforming with lots of portals and varied vertical combat?” Well, considering that the BMS team is trying to fix the bad aspects of Xen, their interpretation could allow for some nice death-match potential with the low gravity enabling you to sneak up on someone who's higher up than you, & the use of portals for ambush. Plus, the varied vertical combat would presumably be better implemented.

• Keybinding fix

Open Source Forever - - The Test Chamber

Quote from Sjakal: “I dunno where you found the +duckjump keybind; I made my own. In the bottom of scripts/kb_act.lst I have a keybind action +jumping which corresponds to a cfg/userconfig.cfg alias +jumping and -jumping. While held down, normal +jump is started and +duck is toggled on, until the player lets go of -jumping where -jump is fired once along with -duck so they are disabled again. See those files for more info. It may take some time figuring out exactly which aliases are fired when a…

• Post your PC!

Open Source Forever - - Show Off

Quote from Siggs: “512 isn't such ancient history though :P” It was obtained in 2000. It used to belong to my dad back when he had a Windows Millenium laptop. I got it when he gave me his old computer bag for use with a Windows XP laptop. I kept it when I got the Windows 7 laptop.

• Post your PC!

Open Source Forever - - Show Off

Here's my 512MB SD Card: 11328488204_9748744744_o.jpg11328540033_ffdf3574ba_o.jpg

• Keybinding fix

Open Source Forever - - The Test Chamber

Quote from Sjakal: “I also did something similar a while ago: Sjakal CFG (keybinds and 360 controller) Including Duck Jump, Duck Toggle, Quick Crowbar swing, Quick Grenade (tap quickly to preview grenade count, hold to throw), consolidating weapon categories into 4 for easier 360 controller D-pad selection, slowed down Walk button speed below AI audible volume (for sneaking). Quick Weapon is basically the same as Half-Life's Last Weapon keybind when tapped quickly, but if held down with sv_cheat…