Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 912.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• I wonder how it spies on you?

• Yeah I pay extremely little attention to the weapon and combat balancing in BM and even to me the way the rocket leaves the launcher looks way too high.

• 1E4A186A309E2849B2A72660E7650BB9B8198F93D857989F46B4AAB3A7166E9693C665902DD446A0 Wow those lights really did add a sense of power to the AMS that was missing before; thanks for the tip, I never would have thought of that on my own.

• I hadn't previously thought of doing that but it's an intriguing idea; I'll definitely mess around with that the next time I have the map open. Also considering adding a second rotor control on the panel in the back of this room to allow the AMS to be remotely powered up... although that would raise the question of why the scientists in the control room don't just use that...

• The current plan (which is in fact nearly set up) is for the AMS to successfully analyze the sample (disintegrating it in the process) and then reset so that it can be used again if the player pushes the cart back to the elevator platform. I am currently thinking that one of several different samples will be able to come up after the first is analyzed, not just more crystals. I'd like to have the scientists remark on the successful test; possibly have people in the labs up above start going over…

• MEDIA: MAP B - ANTI-MASS SPECTROMETER (Hidden Content)(Hidden Content)(Hidden Content)(Hidden Content)(Hidden Content)

• This actually seems to be something the developers did deliberately, as in the cafeteria in Office Complex and a few other zombie-heavy areas these sounds are actually included as part of the soundscape and not even generated by actual zombie entities.

• I actually was considering abandoning this thread because I wasn't finding it particularly useful, but if you're finding it helpful I'll go back over it. I've been using a somewhat interpretative map of the BM facility to guide BMPD; we could easily add the transit system to that: An Inaccurate Map I think it'd be possible to include everything you are proposing in one map as with BM's engine updates they can in fact get pretty large, but structurally I think that sounds good. Currently I am pla…

• Currently focused on redoing the various bits of special-effects logic in the AMS so that it functions without destroying the Facility, can be used over and over again, and also allows the player to leave during activation (another thing that I unaccountably find pleasingly pre-disasterish). Overall it's been going pretty well, although... BB2445E2CD6766ECBFE8071D9623E27C8E9F0DECNot quite sure what happened here.

• In all seriousness if you can stick a tranquilizer crossbow and/or some ammo in an open ammo crate I think that would make a good addition, or possibly take a shark cage and lay it on its side between two pallets.

• I think I can fix the TVs; some physics props seem capable of dealing damage when others cannot, but setting them to 'debris' usually solves that. This is all for the lower level (Admin 2, with the cafeteria); I don't plan to expand the upper very much seeing as it's a whole other floor but only a single hallway is canonically designed.

• My easily-distractable Pre-Disaster focus has turned once again towards Office Complex, and as I've been thinking over how I would try to expand Map A I've realized a lot of what I'm doing involves questions that can be more easily answered after expanding Map C. So that'll be my next area of focus. I already have a fairly good idea of how I want to set the area up, based on previous discussions here. The big question previously was where to place the tram platform since there seemed to be shipp…

• I think the concept behind these rooms is solid, but some additional detailing would be helpful. For instance underneath the pipes and ductwork the ceilings are very flat and could probably use some additional brushwork for support beams etc. The doorways also don't seem to have much of any border or trim and are just square holes cut in the walls.

• On another note, I am now reliably able to save the female scientist in the Office Complex vent-pulling sequence by killing the male one and breaking the scripted sequence. This is easiest with the 357 and having already shot out the glass before the scene starts, but it is also doable with the glock. It is recommended that you not have the guard following you as he will become hostile when you kill the scientist. The scientist has to be still standing in front of the vent and not pulled up onto…

• Interesting; I had not thought of exiting the vent backwards to delay the triggering of the scene (presumably that is the purpose of backing into it).

• As you may have figured out from some of my previous posts, rescuing NPC scientists over the course of Black Mesa's gameplay is a recurring interest of mine, and one of the ones I've been particularly interested in is this guy in Office Complex who comes to the doors of the break room and is eaten by a barnacle: DB62278426C15CC41612290924B3C111DA40BE3D His HL1 counterpart is fairly easy to save provided you don't go up to the doors before crawling through the vent, but due to a combination of fa…

• Quote from TJHL: “ (Although burny does spit the flare out after it ignites.) ” Actually that's behavior I wanted, since the barnacles presumably do have some kind of pain sensitivity and would not hold onto an object that was actively hurting them (although by the time they made contact it would be too late); and also that allows one flare to be grabbed by multiple barnacles as outlined above. I also don't think the animation they play looks that bad (the things don't really move much as is so …

• At the moment they will grab lit flares and try to eat them, but spit them out without being harmed like any other physics prop. As the title implies, I think that trying to bite a lit flare should set the barnacle on fire and kill it. There are not a lot of places in the vanilla game where barnacles and flares can interact, but it is entirely possible in Office Complex and of course map modders can put together two mechanics commonly found in the earlygame however they please. I think if this w…

• Ok, so the maps are run, programmatically, as multiplayer maps. That makes more sense.

• How exactly are you introducing co-op to begin with?