Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

raw_bean - - The Cafeteria

Quote from RedEye9: “Quote from AsinoEsel: “Gotta love Steam forums ” You may not want to quote me because I am an apologist, fanboy, fanboi, white knight, scare crow and many other unmentionables. ” Not to mention straight up troll in a good portion of your posts, and a wannabe moderator in all the others.

• Two Problems

Quote from AsinoEsel: “On Hard difficulty, the damage your dealing is multiplied by 0.75, in other words, enemies effectively have 25% more HP than on Normal difficutly. Wouldn't exactly call that bullet spongy. I agree on the textures though. As a matter of fact there is this really jarring disconnect going on in Black Mesa, where some levels look like they're straight from 2005 with some neat effects slapped onto them and others actually look decent by today's standards. I believe that the Bla…

Quote from Rainman89: “Quote from raw_bean: “Yep, at the end of the day, the extra varieties of headcrab Valve made serve the same purpose as the other variations CC are apparently adding to Xen (HEV zombies, different Houndeyes) - they make enemies that become trivial or played-out through repeated exposure and more powerful weapons *interesting* again. So I'm not opposed to seeing them included if they're used and introduced well ” So they are going to add the fast and poison headcrabs in Xen?…

Yep, at the end of the day, the extra varieties of headcrab Valve made serve the same purpose as the other variations CC are apparently adding to Xen (HEV zombies, different Houndeyes) - they make enemies that become trivial or played-out through repeated exposure and more powerful weapons *interesting* again. So I'm not opposed to seeing them included if they're used and introduced well.

Even scientists can be guilty of using inaccurate slang or short-hand in conversation. Yes, the model from the twitter post is not a crystal. It looks like volcanic glass, but is - as was just pointed out - an 'anomalous material' from another dimension, normally referred to in the game as just the sample or the specimen. If it is referred to as a crystal a couple of times, it really isn't a big deal, the main thing is it looks cool. If it bugs you, since scanning it apparently opens up inter-di…

• [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery

The BlackMesaSystems website describing itself (with very clumsy writing that seems very unlike Stormseeker) as named after Black Mesa *the GAME* and not Black Mesa *the RESEARCH FACILITY* very much puts it as being nothing to do with the ARG. The ARG has always worked within the fiction of existing in the same universe as the actual BMRF and has never been so meta as to suggest it exists in the same reality where the BMRF is nothing more than the setting in a computer game. Conversely this twit…

• Bad News, Good News

raw_bean - - News & Developer Updates

Quote from AsinoEsel: “Before, during, or after christmas ” You answered it yourself. Hate to say it but I don't imagine we'll get more than that until it actually drops. To be fair though, there are two and a half weeks of December remaining, the window is already fairly narrow.

• Try a normal brightness but an enormously large 50% falloff distance instead. Much bigger than your 100% distance, if it will let you.

• I'm no mapper, but have you tried setting the 50% distance to (or near) 0? Or to (or near) the same distance as the 100% falloff? EDIT: For that matter, what happens if you set the 50% falloff level to be greater (maybe even significantly greater) than the 100% falloff value? Maybe the 50% distance is setting a literal half-life ( ) for a geometric curve of attenuating light levels, but the 100% distance and hard falloff option override that to zero at that distance.

• Bad News, Good News

Good God man, don't commit to that! Have you learned nothing from the Xen delay? All I can say is I'm staying off the Steam forums December 2117, if you guys miss that deadline it is NOT going to be pretty.

• Summer Update

Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “"This guy keeps bumping the Summer Update thread. I'd completely forgotten about that Xen thing we've been working on for two years, better release some media!" We'll get to it when we're ready. Your bumping this thread isn't harmful, but it is minorly annoying, because I do always check the threads when someone posts in them. ” Reiterating and agreeing what TextFAMGUY1 said here. Now people are bumping the thread with off-topic non-posts (see previous two). And yes, I r…

• I'll go one better - I've never finished BM. Played a lot of the mod version, but stopped short for similar reasons, wanting to play the whole thing through while it's still fresh. Only played a few hours of the EA version a few different times. I've been following the mod for a decade, going to be quite surreal finally playing the finished game through to the end.

• Quote from Admiral Sakai: “So it's become very clear that a lot of changes are coming in the next engine update which will significantly alter the way that the pre-disaster maps are being made, so I think the best thing to do at this juncture is focus on area expansion and asset creation (the latter of which I am often too busy tweaking other elements of the maps to bother with). First up has been the surgical robot, which I was having trouble cleaning all of the blood from and so I just made th…

• Quote from TheDeltality: “So, summer's getting close, how is it coming along so far? ” In the sense that we're in the first month of Spring?

• Xen Timeline

Quote from JeffMOD: “Aw shirt, it raw bean! (Will anyone actually remember what that's from? No idea!) How've you (and Jambo) been? ” I remember it, although the original quote said 'raw_barn'! Quote from jambo: “Quote from raw_bean: “Fantastic! Quote from jambo: “Great to hear that it's all finally coming to a point where it can come out! Will be 12 years when it comes out next year. ” Crikey, there' s a voice from the Elder Days! how are you doing, jambo?This will be a day long remembered. It …

• Xen Timeline

Fantastic! Quote from jambo: “Great to hear that it's all finally coming to a point where it can come out! Will be 12 years when it comes out next year. ” Crikey, there' s a voice from the Elder Days! how are you doing, jambo? This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the return of jambo, it will see the return of a Release Date.

• Thanks for that! Got Doom and Fallout 4, without being sensible like Deadmoth and waiting until I've bought a GPU capable of playing them.

• ^ What he said!

• I'm going through a very similar process myself, but just ahead of you, so take advantage of my research! I went with an Asus Z170 PRO Gaming, and snapped it up during a sale on Amazon, really happy with it - especially the comprehensive BIOS. Lots of options for overclocking and for monitoring the cooling/fans. Personally, since the 1151 series socket is meant to last through the current and the next gen of intel processors, I went with a pricey MB but skimped slightly on the CPU to stretch my …

• Quote from k3nny1550: “Quote from Agent6: “Quote from Medkit: “Yesterday, after 2 years I reinstalled Half-Life. I know right? I am playing it on hard, and the game looks a tiny bit harder than it used to be. Did they improve the AI and increased marine hp? I don't know. Eitherway, most of the areas look... small now. Starting with the tram station of Sector C test labs. Also the features of the maps which make no sense, are painfully striking. But it's still a great game to play with. To think …