Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 529.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Well, it might also happen in the German Orange Box version only. You know, everything in Germany is cut. /offtopic It's been a long time since I logged in the last time. Why are there no signatures available anymore and why?

• I'd be good if the devs could fix the problem with the corpses falling through the ground. I have to change a certain value in two different files in the bms folder in order to have the enemies (well, allies as well) fall on the ground not through it every time. And with every time I mean that when that values is changed, Black Mesa won't appear in the game list the next time I launch Steam.

• Hazard Course Remake

Power_Dust - - The Cafeteria

Quote from Ronster: “exactly either way you lose a room or the jump height has to change.... And I have mine set at 190 which feels correct” I highly recommend not to change the jump height as it is in Black Mesa. The only possibility of changing it would be if the devs changed the jump height in Black Mesa as well. It'd really have it on the same level.

• Hazard Course Remake

Sure it'll teach players more if they have to crouch jump over every obstacle, the problem is, though, that crouch jumping is introduced in a separate part in the original. The first jumping tests didn't require crouch jumping, and changing the jump height in the Hazard Course is a bad idea since it's going to be a tutorial for Black Mesa. Unless the devs planned on changing the jump height in the next update or something. So either you have to find out how many units in Hammer editor an obstacl…

• Hazard Course Remake

Quote from Ronster: “The difference is you are not playing as Gordon Freeman.... Although nobody tells you this it will be an assumption just like the one you have just made.. You are some other random guy / girl on Hev Suit training... I never said you were playing as Gordon Freeman did I. Why would Gordon need to do HEV suit training when thats what he does every day?” Every scientist using an HEV-Suit has to be trained and introduced at the beginning, so does Gordon Freeman. Like someone alre…

• For me Black Mesa is especially about technical enhancement such as graphics, sound and AI etc. I love it as a remake because it looks awesome, but it won't replace Half-Life for me because the atmosphere in that game from 1998 is so unique, I doubt that anyone can even remake it in Source. It has something to do with the GoldSource engine, as some others already said, Black Mesa lacks the nostalgic, creepy atmosphere Half-Life has. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm glad both games exist. Tha…

• I'm sure there are enough tolerant people out there who would like Half-Life as much as Black Mesa if they played it. Some people are tolerant to old games and they appreciate the graphics and gameplay etc. But I think they will just like it, but not love it the way most of us do, because they played Black Mesa first. I, for my part, have deep feelings for Half-Life because it was my first real shooter, and it started my gaming career. I always knew there were games with better graphics (it was …

• Achievement ideas

Power_Dust - - Suggestion Box

Fits quite well with your profile picture, it was meant to be so, wasn't it?

• Achievement ideas

Power_Dust - - Suggestion Box

Nope. Hivehand ftw

• I'd be fine with a black screen after you jump into the portal just like in the end of Half-Life. The last thing you see are green lightnings from the portal, a mysterious noise appears, then the credits show up. During that the soundtrack from Half-Life "Credits/Closing Theme" starts to play, indicating that a mysterious place, something big, awaits the player in the next episode. That'd be my favorite ending.

• Well, I was actually referring to mind control, telekinesis and such. Bad choice of words, haha

• The Gonarch can birth baby headcrabs but also spits some white liquid with a high range of damage towards you.

• Bought it as soon as I saw it. Funny thing, because I don't play Counter-Strike at all, but I want the new engine for modding.

• Wow, it must be hard for you guys to note the irony in these posts. I just wanted to clarify how advanced the AI is for such a minor creature. Most of us thought they'd just run around randomly, but when I watched the video I was like "Wow, these sneaky little bugs!"

• source mod help

Power_Dust - - Help and Support

Quote from Mabilis: “Like this, not this.” fix'd *Problem?*

• Probably the most intelligent AI I can think of. I loves these cuties.

• That's a pretty superficial point of view. If there already are scripted scenes which are supposed to deliver a certain message to the player it should be delivered in a serious way. Sure, the soldiers shouldn't speak the way friendly characters do to tell the player those are the bad guys, but it doesn't mean they have to speak like THAT, in my opinion. It would be good if they just talked in a more neutral way.

• You guys haven't been on GameBanana.com if you call this terrible. Sure he has to work on it some more but you can see that he already had an idea of what he was doing. I can't judge the layout because I don't play Half-Life 2: Deathmatch but it seems fine as a WIP. And the lighting isn't even bad, I kinda like it. Maybe a few more colours will do it.

• To me it looks quite good regarding the fact that most action figures don't look as real as their original model. I FUCKING WANT IT!

• Quote from Dias: “The same goes for the Combine Soldier & that maroon shotgun-weilding variant texture they added in Episode 2.” I don't get it why they have different clothing anyway. Not that it bothered me.