Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 518.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

.RK - - The Cafeteria

I wanted to get a sense of how big the currently-shown Xen maps are so I put some comparisons together. Shown for scale is bm_c2a5a, the first map of Surface Tension, and a good contender for the largest map in BM in terms of cross sectional area (since each Xen map is on a different scale, in the interest of preserving original image quality, c2a5a is rescaled accordingly for each comparison). They probably aren't pixel perfect but this should give us a good estimate. First, for bm_c4a1a: IVsHC…

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

.RK - - The Cafeteria

Interestingly, as of the ST update, there is that guard on the H map of Surface Tension who you sneak out of the hanger with. So there is a point in the earthbound maps where stealth is encouraged. (And this will probably be the first time players see it as a viable option). Maybe we'll see this design crop up in the Xenside maps too.

• Soundtrack Titles

.RK - - The Cafeteria

I wanted to bump this four-year-old topic for a couple reasons. Namely, I wanted to revisit it because I've given some recent thought on soundtrack titles (especially since some new songs have been added since this thread's lifetime), and also kinda draw attention to it. On an aside note, I've just completed a four year physics degree (and am moving on for a doctorates), and I've been exposed to many physical concepts in that time. My revised song list will more or less reflect this. I also revi…

• Summer Update 2018

.RK - - News & Developer Updates

Naisu!

• Quote from TextFAMGUY1: “Can't wait to see the Xen ones ” +1 year delay on the Xen overheads Quote from CatzEyes93: “Thanks for providing the link to the whole shebang! Are these shots not shared with the imgur community? You should let others updoot it for ya. ” Quote: “You should let others updoot it for ya ” You hurt your what? Quote from CPU: “I can't imagine how long it must have taken to do this. Looks amazing! ” If it gives you an idea, I started work on the overhead maps on the 8th. So a…

• Through some serendipity, with how I was organizing all of these images on imgur, there's a nice organization going on where everything is kept together. So, because it has some nice ease of access, the entire gallery is also located on my imgur: rqk118.imgur.com/

• Quote from CatzEyes93: “it... its so ... beautiful! If it isnt too much to ask, I would like inbound in high def please. It has a special place in my heart. ” And that's why I included individual map overheads plus chapter overheads. Here's Inbound in as good of quality as I was able to manage: i.imgur.com/lqjxQHu.jpg

• Hey all, A few years ago, I put together an overhead map of the mod version of Black Mesa. Said map can be found in this thread: forums.blackmesasource.com/ind…k-Mesa-Research-Facility/. Since the steam version has come out, I took some time to make a new version of the maps (especially now that Surface Tension has been uncut). In particular, I wanted to be a lot more thorough this time around. This more or less amounted to my viewing the maps at a much closer-up scale of 4 (the originals were d…

• OaR - Loop Mod

.RK - - Leak-Free.org

Quote from Admiral Sakai: “Have you considered using a tool like Propper to convert some of the expensive sections into static props? ” Of course I did. As a matter of fact, during the alpha phase of the project, I had to use Propper not only on that electrical box in that side room there, but I also used it for the bridge at the electrical pool puzzle. Among other places.

• OaR - Loop Mod

.RK - - Leak-Free.org

Hey, everyone! Loop Mod has finally been updated into the newest engine. I’m happy that I’ve been able to do this. The inability to compile in 2013 has haunted me for the longest time and I’ve just beaten it. To contextualize this, when I first tried porting Loop Mod into the source version of Black Mesa, I had 7000 brushsides more than what the compiler would allow. My task was to bring that number down. After using pretty much every trick I could think of, I was able to knock off about 3500 br…

• OaR - Loop Mod

.RK - - Leak-Free.org

(This post is slightly companion to a post made in the WGH - Vent Mod thread. Post here: WGH - Vent Mod) Hello, everyone. So I’m currently working on an update to Loop Mod. Specifically, I want to get the map into a state where I can compile it in the newest source engine. Currently versions of the mod use a map compiled under BM’s 2007 version. While I don’t readily know what kinds of issues (if any) this causes, I do figure that there is probably a drop in quality in the final map. I am somewh…

• WGH - Vent Mod

.RK - - Leak-Free.org

Hey, everyone! Long time, no see. A long while back, I promised that I would do a little bit of tweaking to Vent Mod. So… I never actually did that. I’m pretty sure that this was two or three years ago that I made this promise. Well, now that the Xen pre-patch has gone through (and, apparently, my mods are becoming increasingly broken), I figured it was time that I revisit things. And why now? Well, I’m freshly graduated from university (I have my Bachelor’s in physics now, but the ride isn’t ov…

• I know that vent. I also converted that to a model when I did stuff during development. What the hell? If you did removed that track, I would suppose that change will get reflected in the switchboard (if it's even still there in your version; it looks like it is but it's a bit hard to see from that angle).

• Quote from jadebenn: “Quote from .RK: “Ah, yes, this problem. This was definitely something I struggled with when I tried porting c2a2a into 2013. I mentioned in the loop mod development thread that I had this issue but I forget if I've brought it up in other places because I come here so rarely nowadays. But now I'm curious: Did you manage to get c2a2a to compile in 2013? I ask because I didn't the last time I tried and what's on the workshop now is compiled under 2007 (I'd be over the moon if …

• Ah, yes, this problem. This was definitely something I struggled with when I tried porting c2a2a into 2013. I mentioned in the loop mod development thread that I had this issue but I forget if I've brought it up in other places because I come here so rarely nowadays. But now I'm curious: Did you manage to get c2a2a to compile in 2013? I ask because I didn't the last time I tried and what's on the workshop now is compiled under 2007 (I'd be over the moon if it worked in 2013).

• OaR - Loop Mod

.RK - - Leak-Free.org

Bumping this in order to share an update. As you might have been aware, the mods have not been compatible with the team version as of late. The recent update to OARU brought it to my attention but chances are the stock version was broken even before that. Nevertheless, I think I've fixed it. The sad truth is, ever since the transition to Source 2013, I haven't been able to compile the maps at all. I never said anything about it even when porting the mod over to the workshop (I mean, it worked de…

• A Physics Question

.RK - - Raminator's Ladies Club

Ignoring time dilation for a moment, we can examine the movement of any point within the tube via Newton's second law, i.e. that the acceleration that some object or particle experiences is the force acted on it divided by it's mass (a = F / m), and that the Force is the sum of all forces acting on it. In a situation such as this, there will be three main forces acting on the particle: the force of gravity exerted by the mass, the pressure exerted by the gas above some point, and the pressure ex…

• An Inaccurate Map

.RK - - The Cafeteria

Cool beans so far. And indeed, out of all the areas where Black Mesa's geometry offends physics, Surface Tension is by far the worst offender. Sure, Inbound and We've Got Hostiles overlap as well but it's such a simple fix (making a hallway turn left instead of right and/or vice versa), but affecting the same changes with ST is much more difficult since you have skyboxes to worry about (especially sunlight, which will have a definite effect on map lighting) plus the unique geometry, especially s…

• Quote from HecuMarine: “ It seems like you people would wait for eternity and even longer with a smile on your faces. ” Well, because there are plenty of things that we can do while we wait. For instance, we could go to college and start our careers. Find love and get married and have kids. Write that novel, paint that picture, build that shed, plant that garden, etc. Black Mesa is not life. As such, we can wait.

• Next Uncut Chapter?

.RK - - The Cafeteria

Next Uncut will obviously be the entire HL2 campaign, plus the episodes.