Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 25.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Nice digging

• Patch 0.0.2

natedgreat3 - - Patches

Quote from Defacto: “First off, a major salute to all the developers. The retail release is leaps and bounds an improvement in quality over the mod from what I've seen so far, and the mod was already a great experience. Like others with Norton anti-virus, I am unable to download this update or play the game; I am stuck in this loop of downloading and validating that doesn't end. I have restored the vlocalize.exe that was removed, to no avail. I'm still stuck in this endless cycle. Can someone pl…

• Patch 0.0.2

natedgreat3 - - Patches

Quote from JeffMOD: “ Also, sad to hear about the removal of dynamic lights on muzzleflashes and explosions. I suppose it was necessary for performance on servers, but any chance we can get the option of bringing it back for singleplayer? ” This is more of a temporary measure until we can take a closer look at the issue. If we can fix the underlying performance problem then we'll probably bring the option back.

• Black Mesa is not really a gore-centric game. L4D2 has a very clever system (you can read about it here: valvesoftware.com/publications…10_vlachos_l4d2wounds.pdf) but ultimately it still requires upwards of 12 "gore" models and a lot of custom shader/code support. Plus, zombie mutilation is the whole point of their entire game... this is an important thing for them to get right. Black Mesa has to juggle a lot of other more important factors, but we did still make our own custom gib system... see…

• Quote from Bloodshot: “Will you guys be adding more content to Black Mesa to improve on some of the "weaker" sections of the game or will it be strictly bugfixes only and Xen development? If so, will you possibly change levels after Xen's release?” Quote from RicheyEdwards: “Are there any plans to go back and "touch up" any of the chapters? Specifically "On a Rail" and "Surface Tension" and re-do some of the parts that were cut due to Dev. team departures?” We are closely watching the community'…

• d99b16.gif

• Our content's gonna get pirated every which direction when the mod comes out, and we really have no way of stopping it

• Fact: Nate's new website has Black Mesa animations on it that I'm pretty sure haven't been discovered yet >_>

• Atomic PC - BM Preview

natedgreat3 - - The Cafeteria

If you can't find the images you want on Google, then you suck at the internet We're keeping them off of this board because we don't want to tempt or spoil people who would rather wait for the full game. By all means, seed them all amongst yourselves, we know better then anyone how foolish it is to try and censor something that's on the internet. Just don't post them here and cause poor TheeGoatPig to spoil himself and then commit suicide in sheer anguish.

• Atomic PC - BM Preview

Quote: “what about that acid waterfall in the broken tank at the beginning? The still water looks just great, but the actual waterfall is... really, REALLY cheap, like HL1 cheap. Why don't use the particles used in EP2 and even in your mod for water-falling...? I just don't get it.” Easy. The mod's not done yet. Our effects guru Mark spent like a month developing a super-awesome slime waterfall system for Blast Pit, and we haven't put it into Inbound yet I won't guarantee that everything people …

• Atomic PC - BM Preview

Well we appreciate that, and the way most of these screenshots were taken is about as tough a beating as any game can take. Regardless of what you think of their overall quality, we hope the final game will be jaw-dropping to play

• Atomic PC - BM Preview

While I think Atomic meant well, and while we think their written article is fine, we're not happy that they basically held down F5 for their entire play session, and with the giddiness and sloppiness of a 12 year old kid, dumped 100+ screenshots on the internet. Heck, they even took a screenshot of the blank Xen map, as clear a signal we could possibly send that "HAY, WE DON'T WANT YOU KNOWING WHAT XEN LOOKS LIKE, SO WE MADE IT ALL BLACK SO YOU WOULDN'T TAKE SCREENSHOTS MMK?" I mean seriously! …

• Sprint?

natedgreat3 - - Suggestion Box

oh hay guys why don't you take a break from figuring out sprint speeds in mph and go cure cancer, plzkthxbai

• This was cruel Not only is the media not new and thus fueling the rabid fanboy fire... but everybody remarking about how bad the map sucks must be doing wonders for our newly rejoined Chuck's self esteem

• Loss of Interest in BM?

Attention Loyal Black Mesa Fans! Feeling blue about the lack of updates? Clinging desperately to low resolution prop screenshots occasionally uploaded on the wiki? Tired of being cruelly mocked by the rest of humanity for your unwavering faith in "the final victory"? Never fear. While it's true that Black Mesa and Ep3 are in a tight contest for "Most Anticipated Half-Life Game That Nobody Even Knows is Alive or Not" you don't have to agonize over it anymore. What I'd do is this. Get some very, v…

• TAKE THAT, GERMANY

• the screenshot you are wanting to use was one that was sent to PC Powerplay, but they never used. It's been cleared for release and you may use it

• @brokenfridgehinge: There are raised eyebrows about Depressed Panda, but the devs aren't accusing them of posting any leaked content. We've been able to identify legitimate sources for 90% of the media and those all will remain on the wiki.. we're just a little surprised.. theoretically all this stuff could exist on the internet but we certainly haven't seen it, and we're wondering how one person could have found it all But most of it's rare, but old media (like the scientist dead in the chair, …

• Half of them weren't even that great.. just staring at a vending machine or something

• oh snap.. you guys made quick work of this thing.. I'm only just now looking at scans and apparently somebody had it on bittorrent days ago?? that's freakin awesome I thought it was a pretty good read... by far the biggest article ever been written about us for sure.. but I was surprised how little new screenshots they took considering they had like a 2 hour block of the game to play around in haha. I'll get back to work on the mod now