Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Summer Update

Deathmonkey7 - - News & Developer Updates

Oh jeez, those Xen images are sexy as hell. I'm going to need a fresh pair of underpants. I'm okay with the delay, I've literally been waiting for this game for over 10 years, I think a few more months aren't going to hurt. Also, that dynamic lighting is awesome. I can see that creating some really great atmosphere in the Black Mesa Research Facility. Thank you devs, for continuing your hard work. Hard to believe this project has been going for 13 years now.

• Great work, Brian! I can't wait to see these in-game.

• Quote from JeffMOD: “With your permission, I might start feeding these onto our facebook page - lots of funny memories there. ” Permission granted of course

• I was cleaning out my Dropbox today and I found some old testing videos from Hazard Course Alpha. Thought I would share them. youtu.be/HYX-zbOzqC8 youtu.be/9uIQEGOKeyE youtu.be/3j5hMpePnis youtu.be/1aeiKL3fa3s youtu.be/1V447e2yZBI youtu.be/EQa4VTNd9QU youtu.be/2lllZhpVDhw youtu.be/oScDxg3UBu4 youtu.be/6LBRTyLodno youtu.be/AwA-CHDYjl0 youtu.be/IH79DWfRgdA youtu.be/2FUQc35Kn4U youtu.be/-idpzNkqVzg youtu.be/f9riuoy0f24 <- My personal favorite. youtu.be/ia7jDzfeY5c This isn't nearly all of the testi…

• That is beautiful work you guys. I have no idea how you managed that visual quality in Source.

• Xen Timeline

Deathmonkey7 - - News & Developer Updates

Ho-lee shit. A developer said "Xen" and it wasn't in the context of "Don't ask" This is better than Christmas! Quote from JeffMOD: “Aw shirt, it raw bean! (Will anyone actually remember what that's from? No idea!) How've you (and Jambo) been? ” Oh man, that takes me back. That was from the Black Mesa comics. "BAN BAN BAN" Unfortunately they don't seem to exist on the internet anymore BMTC: raw_admin

• Quote from Racket_Man: “After I have played through the HC a couple of times, I remembered the video you guys put out about 6 months ago (I Want a Taco was the song I believe). So I played the HC from the beginning and found the taco in the trash can at the tram station and started carrying it around just for giggles. Ladders were a bit of a challenge but I did find a few doors that if I got too close the taco would clip through them and I sometimes would have to re-pickup the taco. Just did thi…

• Quote from dky.tehkingd.u: “Quote from Deathmonkey7: “Quote from Crypt: “Shawn @Deathmonkey7 Morris AKA King of the Universe ” Thank you for crediting me correctly as King of the Universe. ” DEATHMONKEY YOU'RE ALIVE ” Indeed! I've been too busy to try out the finished Hazard Course just yet, but I will certainly give it a try ASAP! Congrats on getting it finished!

• Quote from Crypt: “ Shawn @Deathmonkey7 Morris AKA King of the Universe ” Thank you for crediting me correctly as King of the Universe.

• Good first episode! Keep it up

• Quote from Zeroniz0: “Nice comparisons! ” Thanks! I had a really hard time finding differences in Blast Pit. From what I hear, though, there are some major differences in some upcoming chapters. Also, thanks to whoever posted my comparisons on the Black Mesa Facebook!

• Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I went on vacation for a bit and haven't had the time to do more. So here you go! screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/128173/picture:0 These comparisons go through Blast Pit and part of Power Up. I still can't get over how awesome the lighting is in the 2015 version. Awesome work by the dev team!

• Quote from Tuskin38: “There is a site you can use, you can upload them there, and when people hover their mouse over the image it will change to the alternate you uploaded. Looks a lot better then a compressed gif. screenshotcomparison.com/ ” Oh man, that's perfect! I was looking for a site like that thanks! And with that, here are some more screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/126244/picture:0 Click the tabs at the top to switch to different comparison shots. These go through Office Complex and …

• Here are some weapon comparisons. I left out several that didn't have any obvious changes to them. Sch89r.gif The crowbar in Black Mesa 2015 is thinner than the 2012 version, Gordon's hands are further down. m3C5B-.gif The Glock in 2015 has a wider sight in the back, a different skin, and is positioned a little closer to the center of the screen. bFyo0W.gif The MP5 has added side rails, some extra details near the stock, and a shorter barrel. Iqr7HC.gif The rocket launcher got a total overhaul, …

• Thanks Text! The new lighting looks great for sure, a major improvement over the original. Here are a few more. I think I have the positions down now, so the comparisons are easier to make. O-NUKs.gif In this scene you can see all of the science consoles have been revamped, they're now more detailed. You can also see that the lights in the ceiling were lowered very slightly for the 2015 version. Original Images: 2012 - imgur.com/xnFZjGq 2015 - imgur.com/dEsKR76 RWFSRL.gif Here you can see a majo…

• Hey everyone! I wanted to see directly the difference between the 2012 version of Black Mesa and the 2015 version, so I took some comparison pics. I tried to get them as close as possible using the setpos commands, but in some cases the coordinates appear to be slightly different. Here are what I have so far, I'll continue to add them as I do more. A9xvxU.gif Here you can see that the 2015 version has a darker tone and nicer lighting. Original Images: 2012 - imgur.com/dgSbC3K 2015 - imgur.com/Xm…

• A Few Bugs

Deathmonkey7 - - In-game Issues

First off, I just want to say that I am enjoying the Steam release so far, it's great to see all the improvements being made to the game. However, there are quite a few issues. I haven't made it that far in yet, but I thought I would go ahead and post these. I'll post more later as I find them. DX Level 9 Graphics settings: Model Detail = Medium Texture Detail = Medium Shader Detail = High Water = Reflect All Shadows = Low Color Correction = Enabled Ant-Aliasing = 0 Anisotropic Filtering = 2X Wa…

• Quote from DontFixBunnyHopping: “Quote from Deathmonkey7: “No. I don't get why people constantly bitch about this but I get so sick of it. Just like every other game, speedrunners can find new glitches to use, and I'm sure they will. If they're not willing to take the time to find new glitches then they hardly deserve to be called speedrunners. Can these topics just die already? ” yes, speedruners can find new glitches but source isnt a very glitchy engine, so every glitch patched is like cuttin…

• Quote from Humam: “Does buying Early Access keep the game in my library? ” Yes, it does. When it becomes a full release you'll automatically have that.

• No. I don't get why people constantly bitch about this but I get so sick of it. Just like every other game, speedrunners can find new glitches to use, and I'm sure they will. If they're not willing to take the time to find new glitches then they hardly deserve to be called speedrunners. Can these topics just die already?