Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 23.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Quote from Jacky: “What about bmrf.us and ext 12? Back then, we were able to call that number and dial in extension 12 to be asked for password. Was that intentional? Or was it something we stumbled upon? ” intentional, but so old now, it expired. Got to remember on top of making Xen, we all have other stuff going on as well, so what with phone numbers costing etc and the arg being spare time work for nothing, sometimes we can't continue on things. Solution won't vanish with Xen, but the scope m…

• I'll clear a few things up for you, as you are really stretching on alot of these solutions. firstly - `quod coronae ubique vivere ergo non credidistis illi eum persequimur me, auxilium postulo non intellegere Latinam obsecro, quia caritas Dei adiuva me sunt persequimur eum adiuvent eum salvum illum iungo Valyria Rubrum quaerere Gallo RSPS` Has nothing to do with me, its a hoax and has nothing to do with the arg. translated it appears to be - ` then did ye not then believe him? The fact that cro…

• "2009" build of Black Mesa

stormseeker - - The Cafeteria

I used to spam Deniz - one of our programmers in Dev skype with FIX IT DENIZ constantly, cos everything broke constantly. Hence programmer annoyer title :3.

• it's possible it wasnt shipped with this update, as its still very experimental and currently we aren't using it in any of the Earth maps. However it will be fully available post Xen release, and we'll likely have a full FAQ setup on how to work new lighting including dlights and all the new functions for those.

• Quote from Osspial: “Wow, these are awesome! I have to ask, though: how do you use the new image-based ambient lighting? I've tried creating a new map with just a light_env, and it doesn't seem to be pulling lighting from the skybox when compiled either on LDR or HDR. ” We've added a fair few new things - first things first. LDR doesnt work anymore, we nuked it to reduce file size along with a bunch of other dx8 legacy things. It will simply ignore it if you try and compile with LDR. As a result…

• Bad News, Good News

stormseeker - - News & Developer Updates

We always appreciated this image in the past. [Trigger Warning] maxresdefault.jpg I think its a good way to make landscapes, if you get bored with displacements. >_> <_<

• Quote from RedEye: “Quote from stormseeker: “Ours is a hybrid of the tf2 2009 engine (mod is on 2013 engine). ” Thanks for that info. P.S. I think you accidentally transposed the years. ” Weirdly, iirc when we went through the code base selection process - we didnt have access to the 2013 engine, and other engine versions we were offered (and had access to) were less stable. So as odd as it sounds, we used the most advanced engine available for the mod (orange box), which was updated by Valve af…

• Titanfall's engine isnt really source, they ripped it up and rewrote the entire thing, iirc Respawn refer to it as teh Titanfall Engine now. Ours is a hybrid of the tf2 2009 engine (mod is on 2013 engine). I'm sure Chetan can give even more details, as i think we had a discussion about Titanfalls engine some time back. I should really catch up with some of the people who worked on Titan Fall 2, a few old BM devs went to work on it. With branch engines you can go back a long way - I could say tha…

• Quote from CatzEyes93: “Oh wow... those are still around? hm... no. NO! No Victoria... do NOT go there! ugh. lol! ” Yeah, don't go there Nice to see you around tho Vic. Steam forums are still important as alot of the people who buy the game don't know about the official forums, I just wish that before they posted there they would read through our developer posts which contain the facts, and not just randomly spout opinion as fact. Most of the responses Chon and I have given so far are clearing u…

• Bad News, Good News

stormseeker - - News & Developer Updates

Yes the WGH has CC, but that map has always had a fairly strong orange colour to it. Alot of the colour balance is added via the rays as well, which I setup in a recent pass with our new newLight_Dir entity, which also replaces the old env_sun entity. However that map still has an env_sun entity for the inside of the warehouse hangar, as the original design has 2 suns, in order to show through the upper windows, which is then toggled off and replaced by the new dirlights. CC additions are usuall…

• Quote from jadebenn: “Quote from stormseeker: “We have a few improvements to the old vrad engine lighting, but primarily most of the tweaks we have are focused on the dynamic lighting. Most fixes to the static part of the lighting process are to fix issues with csm interaction with light styles. I think most of the coders by now have a large vrad shaped dent in their heads, from banging them against it for months at a time. But i'm sure one of our coders might be able to elaborate more. ” So we'…

• We have a few improvements to the old vrad engine lighting, but primarily most of the tweaks we have are focused on the dynamic lighting. Most fixes to the static part of the lighting process are to fix issues with csm interaction with light styles. I think most of the coders by now have a large vrad shaped dent in their heads, from banging them against it for months at a time. But i'm sure one of our coders might be able to elaborate more.

• This is a crosspost from the Steam discussion forum (steamcommunity.com/app/362890/…489992080509804563/?ctp=5) Thank-you everyone for your feedback and opinions on this issue, and the team most definitely does see this as an issue. I've seen some serious misinformation being bandied about in some of the comments, some of which seem antagonistic in nature, I will let them be for the time being, but would greatly appreciate it if opinions were not stated as fact in order to attempt to rile up bad …

• Hi Dadster, Whilst I appreciate the dedication you have to these very minor issues, it is my job to prioritise bugs for fixing. We don't have a vast amount of development time available to spend re aligning props, we have Xen to finish and larger more important bugs such as crashes and save file errors to debug and fix. Currently the team is focused on creating content, and we have 2 dedicated people to deal with level design and non code related bugs, one of which is me (amongst other things). …

• Quote from TheeGoatPig: “is that a multi-player map? Why does that ramp have a directional arrow painted on it? And why am I the first person to ask about this? ” This isn't a multiplayer map, this is from the earliest map in the Xen chapter (bm_c4a1a). There is a good narrative (and practical) reason behind the ramps and scaffold, which I would loooove to expand more on at some point in the future. It IS longjump related, and it does have to do with training the player but in context to the lev…

• c2a4x_labboard5

First bit is Gravimetric Sheer (shear), which is actually technobabble, and commonly used in things like star trek to refer to effects created by gravity or particle interaction. (hey its a science fiction weapon), and is referring to the reaction of the magnetic calibrators on the tau particle beam. Second bit is the tangential component of an electromagnetic fields vector (see maxwells equations). The boards are fluff though remember, and arranged to be artistic as well as interesting.

• I know I speak for the entire BM team in sending sincere condolences to the family of Erin, I'm certain more of the team will leave messages. A very sad loss, under any circumstance.

• Quote from CPU: “WP_20151120_007.jpg ” Lol I hope he wasnt too confused

• [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery

The latin is there to both encourage you to work together and create the story, and also... to beware the red herrings that sometimes appears from the crowd. So grats on both getting that out there and having someone demonstrate it. As much as I hate intervening, especially considering a fair bit of work has gone into it, I'm afraid the zirconium and absolute symmetry of differential algorithms (as much as we all LOVE torii and sphere geometry), isn't going to solve the HALOS file. However I sho…

• [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery

User error404notfound/CitadelCore has nothing to do with me or the ARG, neither are any of the links posted. I warn people to be careful visiting any links posted.