Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 31.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Weapon Textures Not Appearing

outlive - - In-game Issues

this could be a few things - try to reload your last savegame or reload the . if this does not fix your invisible weapon problem please try to follow the windows update problem fix again. make sure that you first remove the windows update, the download the black mesa client again afterwards, and delete the old black mesa installation (save your savegames) the reinstall black mesa again.

• the problem is the physics engine of source - havok as you probably noticed - we have implemented a gibbing system into our game. force > gibbing force = gib barneys forward motion was driving him into the collision box of the small table. the physics engine then tries to compensate by pushing barney out of the collision box. this creates a huge force on barney - enough to gib him.

• rocket chamber alt issue

the AI listens to your footsteps - in order to go past it, you have to crouch. the engine's handling of the stop-on/step-off from the ladders is a bit buggy and can produce sounds that are loud enough for the tentacles to go after it. if this happens throw a grenade on the opposite side of where you want to crouch next.

• please try this solution: forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?t=14947

• Problem with textures

try this solution: forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?t=14947

• a reminder - this is NOT our response to the occasional crash that can happen to some people. those crashes are our fault and we are actively working on fixing them as we speak. this is for weird shit like purple/black square textures, missing sounds, missing models. generall stuff that looks and feels "obviously" broken and not part of the game.

• ATTENTION users who are experiencing broken cube / maps / textures / props, missing weapon models, a high frequency of crashes. You may be a victim of a bad download due to dropped packets and faulty download execution within your browser as a result of a recent Microsoft Windows Update "KB2735855"! Microsoft has acknowledged that the WINDOWS Update "KB2735855" (for windows 7/8 [32 and 64bit]) is faulty. This update can lead to corrupted downloads within your browser. This could explain some of …

• Usiing BM Textures

outlive - - The Cafeteria

that is taking our textures and putting it into someone elses project mod? please close

• Usiing BM Textures

Quote: “You'll be able to make maps and mods for Black Mesa, but you won't be able to use our assets in your own mod.” means - we do not allow people to take our work and put it into theirs (even if they credit us)

• Quote from Lost one: “So I was messing around with the sv console commands to see what was there and I came across this code that wasn't in any of the half life games. sv_headcrab_can_latch_on_player Self explanatory but the basics of it is, any time a headcrab jumps at you it latches onto your head and blinds you while you struggle to get it off, all the while it harms you. I tested it out and what I came across was it was untextured so anytime the headcrab latches on, you get this black and pu…

• Quote from Threshor: “This may be a question asked regularly but, are the dev team (you) working on a mac port or would you be willing to let other people port it to mac for people who don't have windows...” use bootcamp - a friend of mine plays it on a macbook air without a problem Quote from gosho: “Hi,The game is really amazing!! I have a little question..Why there aren't models of others npc in blackmesa, like engineers,workers and normal people, but only guards and scientists??” limited tim…

• My Brother Got a Tattoo!

outlive - - Show Off

wow

• 'Easter Eggs' and Cool Stuff

keep going guys - you still missing A TON of eggs

• Really bad balancing

we are aware that there are players out there who have issues with the games difficulty. naturally we want the game to be as accessible as possible for every interested player out there. if that means that we will have to tweak a variety of different aspects we will look into that.

• Really bad balancing

funny story - the HECU AI is based on the combine AI, halfway through the development of black mesa we noticed a bug inside the original valve ai code: breaking line of sight with the ai would mess with the ai's ability to remember where you are and let them fall back to their default mode. that is one reason why the combine would appear a bit stupid while chasing gordon in HL2. we fixed that - and as a result the ai feels a lot more agressive then in HL2, combined with a lot of enhancements sin…

• Really bad balancing

maibe we are just so used to the game, most of us play on hard - normal is too easy for me like joel said - use your whole arsenal, use your environment, know when to flank, when to rush, when to fall back. there are 3 difficulty settings, if one is to hard, take the lower one - no shame in doing that

• thank you blackraven for your very kind words - it means the world to us that you enjoy what we have been building for the last years.

• Quote from Jokerine: “The mod is using the HEV suit sounds from Half Life 2, and if I remember correctly, the boot-up sounds are not available there. That could explain why they are missing in the mod. Also, I uploaded that video with the HEV voices from HL1 - I feel so popular :3” exactly - original sounds are property of valve - what we used are the HEV sounds from within the SDK

• White line across the screen

the texture problems are directx related - we are not supporting directx 8 or below in the initial release

• Jumping is to low

crouch jumping of nearly every half-life and source game in general, we think it adds to the game