Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• youtube.com/watch?v=mpw_FB2QrjQ

• So Blizzard spectacularly fucked up with their new Diablo announcement at Blizzcon... yeah, I can't help but laugh. After the Diablo 3 debacle, I've lost pretty much all faith in Blizzard. The annoying thing is that Diablo is pretty near and dear to my heart since the franchise was one of the first games I ever played as a kid, so it pains me to see such a great universe being abused like this.

• Being alone is sometimes a good thing.... you can be productive.

• I'm not sure how to feel about this. TL;DR: Happy game project is chugging along, albeit slowly, unnerved at how much work I have to do with it. I need another programmer... On the one hand, the project I'm working on with a couple of other guys is going along quite well. I got a UML doc, I got a design doc a mile long, and I've already started coding the basic elements in between working. I feel it's at the point where I can start brain storming about what characters/weapons do what imho. The o…

• youtube.com/watch?v=KlTyy8kd9EM

• I've found myself charmed by a girl at my work. She's smart, funny, shares the same interests I do, and can keep up with me intellectually. I couldn't ask for a better personality. The issues: She's a co-worker, moving away in a year, and finally she and I are just too damned busy for a relationship. Worst part is, I only considered her a friend and not a legitimate love interest up until about 3 days ago, with me reflecting on the shit that I've been doing over the past 6 months. I can't quit b…

• Mm. Well I hope you get better Catz. Cancer's a nasty disease.

• I'll leave this here. usatoday.com/story/tech/talkin…dies-cancer-33/643869002/ TL;DR: TB is dead. Lost his battle with cancer.

• Quote from JeffMOD: “Because apparently they've all deemed that my application isn't worth following up on because I "only" have a bachelor's degree and not 5-10 years professional experience in whatever the specific job is, regardless of whether it's skilled industry work or stocking shelves. ” I was stuck in that position for well over a god damn year, don't get discouraged. I ended up getting my current job because I went out of my way and talked to people at these locations before & after ap…

• youtube.com/watch?v=U5u9glfqDsc

• Largely, you're correct. You need to have a demonstrable amount of knowledge before you get hired onto those positions. It aggravates me that I have to jump through so many fucking hoops to even find a fucking job in the field/skill I want. Don't have a bachelor's degree? Nope. It makes my blood boil, especially after I pour my heart and soul into the fucking cover letter, showing I have the enthusiasm and willingness to learn. They won't take the gamble. Only a few interviews and the decision t…

• Pretty much. I'm compromising right now, but you bet your ass as soon as I have an out I'm bouncing. Especially if its something I'm familiar with and can make 1.5x+ what I'm making now...

• Quote from JeffMOD: “I'm 23 and where are all the employers? ” I'm wondering that myself. 26. Got a job. Looking to move into something I can enjoy. Could have a potential lead with a buddy of mine doing contract work with various studios. Depends on how many contracts he gets with E3. Working on a game myself using UE4 to fluff a portfolio. Going back to school to get a bachelor's in Comp Sci. Sounds about right. Oh and rescued a kitten a week ago. Can't forget the kitten.

• One of them off of Godsmack's new Album. youtube.com/watch?v=vj3c0x776s4

• Sooo today while I was on the job, I rescued a kitten from getting run over by several cars on Rout One. There was very little risk involved other than stepping into a lane and picking up the poor critter. I ended up taking her to an animal hospital before continuing with my shift. She was fine, no injuries, just some very scary time on the road and very nearly getting run over by several vehicles before I grabbed her. One of the people there ended up taking her home with her when I checked in t…

• I raise you a second one. youtube.com/watch?v=dqn4qAdjNGc

• Quote from Tiki: “I'm not sure what you're basing your opinions on ” ... going into a fit over a fucking Western film making fun of their god emperor and then in-turn threatening to blow up the west coast... Over. A. Fucking. Movie. Fiction. A Seth Green film no less. I believe it was "The Interview." I can't be arsed to research the title. Combine that with their (sometimes justified) sabre rattling, I feel they fly off the handle. Mind you, this is an opinion I hold, not the western world at l…

• There's a multitude of reasons; outside pressure, the possible collapse of their nuclear testing site, etc. I'll believe it when I see it, NK has a tendency to fly off the handle.

• Welcome to the tropics.

• Sucks. I lost my grandmother just last year, around this time actually. Old age. I hope she pulls through.