Search Results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Falloff For NewLights

chetanjags - - In-game Issues

Quote from Admiral Sakai: “Not sure if this is a feature that's supposed to be in the game (making its absence a bug) or just something that was never implemented (making this a feature request) but the falloff parameters on the newLight_spot and newLight_point entities do not work- their falloff is always quadratic. ” Yes old fall-off parameters are no longer supported. They have been taken out of shaders to reduce complexity. Lights dont have any explicit falloff parameter in current version a…

• Quote from Snaiper: “I see that Hammer Editor has been changed to a new version; this is possibly SFM Hammer, right? In any case, is there any info on new entities and how the new dynamic lighting and all of that works? Us, modders, would really appreciate info regarding our existing projects (i.e. if we need to update, remove or add something or recompile our maps) and what is new regarding the dev tools and such. Also, when is Faceposer and custom scenes support coming?! And why do Sourcemods …

• Quote from Admiral Sakai: “How exactly is the 'static' light option supposed to function? It seems to just prevent the light in question from illuminating anything in the map. ” Sorry for late reply. So Static Light should illuminate anything object brush/prop static or dynamic but this light can't move or change position or even change its angles. If you turn on shadows for these lights then the shadows will be casted only for static geometry like brushes and/or static props. In other words onl…

• Godrays aren't supported for spot lights. This may change in future. There's a limit of 48 shadowmaps per map per LOD. (total 144 shadowmaps per map) There's a perf cost for these shadowmaps Dynamic > Stationary > static. Keeping shadows on by default in FGD might not be a good idea depending on map and surroundings of lights etc.

• ello Guys, Since a lot of people were asking how to implement new lights I have uploaded some of our internal tutorial/test maps on Dropbox. I would recommend checking out tut_nextgen_lights_optimised.vmf since it contains a lot of examples in a single map. Then you can check one of those specialized example/test maps too. Please note that these maps are not the most optimized version of maps and they were just created to test/demo specific bugs/features. To help us configure new lights in a fas…

• Bad News, Good News

chetanjags - - News & Developer Updates

Quote from k3nny1550: “Really liking this changelist, chetanjags! It makes me want to move my mod to your version of Source for all of these neat tricks xP Speaking of which, how did the new engine tech and asset pipeline affect bringing in assets? In the 2012 mod version, some HL2 textures and models made the leap from the base engine, but I remember seeing other devs posting about texture upgrade efforts. What has to be added or changed to work under NewRenderer and NewPostProcess? Or did all …

• Bad News, Good News

chetanjags - - News & Developer Updates

Hello guys, There were a lot of tech questions being asked so I am here to provide few more details. First of all, let me clear this up that we are not delaying Xen just because we wanted to add some shiny stuff in the game. There were a lot of reasons for the delays as explained by Chon and Chris. On the tech side alot of upgrades have been made in the engine of varying levels of difficulties and importance, For example new features like lens flare which didn't took a lot of time to develop nei…

• New patch new bug

Quote from davidebeatrici: “Same problem. Also, the shadow rendering distance seems way too low: ” We have uploaded a hotfix on steam public beta version yesterday. This should fix any remaining issues with CSM on AMD GPU. After some more testing we will update the main game too in a day or two. Let us know if you this fixes your problem.

• New patch new bug

Thanks for the update From those screenshots it looks like CSM is not working for you. We have multiple fail safe in the engine to shutdown CSM if it detects something required for CSM is not supported on the hardware. That been said you shouldn't have faced any problems on R9 290 Tri-X. We are investigating.

• Quote from Darkc0re1: “Still no luck, proper gutted, i really wanted to play this game... ” Please let us know if you are still facing the issue after our recent hot fixes.

• New patch new bug

Quote from davidebeatrici: “I tested the public beta and the CSM keeps disabling in the video settings, as soon as I close the window. I took two screenshots to check for any differences and, in fact, there aren't. Video Card: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X Driver: Crimson 16.6.2 ” We have uploaded a patch last week please check again and let us know. Try verifying your game cache once. Also all the hot fixes from beta have been applied to the main game too.