Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 297.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yup, that did the trick. Thanks, guys!

• Wow, it's been a while since I've been here. Er, hi! ^^; Anyways. Back in March of last year, I showed off a few screenshots of an OaR mod that I was working on as a way to familiarize myself with single-player Source mapping. While I did get the blockouts of the new areas all finished, I didn't do a particularly good job of keeping things clean in Hammer. On top of that, with the second map, I'm pretty sure I basically just retextured parts of the blockout and called it a day, resulting in a ve…

• Actually, come to think of it, I've been getting this bug since before CU3 as well. The weird thing is, I only ever noticed it happening on the custom OaR maps I was working on, so I assumed it was a problem on my end. More severely, though, there were also issues with the I/O system upon saving and loading, IIRC. The one thing I do remember happening besides ragdolls, is that when trying to explode a pile of flammable crates in one level, the game would crash immediately. This only happened aft…

• Missing textures in OAR

KyuuGryphon - - In-game Issues

It's sort of relevant, and I wasn't sure where else to ask this or whether it deserved its own thread, but on that note - as of CU3, how can mappers/modders in general go about testing levels that modify stock BM maps? I wanted to see if the AI updates in CU3 alleviated the issues I was having when experimenting with OaR myself, but BM doesn't load the modified maps in place of the original ones in-game - instead of loading my custom c2a2b, it just loads the stock version of it (which is c2a2c i…

• Mm, figured as much, that's a really nice detail. Just making sure!

• I managed to get past with full health/suit by going nuts with tripmines and satchel charges, but yeah, 21 damage (which I can confirm is how much damage the hornets do on hard) is way too high (IMO, 4 health/9 suit is pretty ridiculous for a homing projectile as well). In order to make this post more useful than just a "yeah same", are the snipers on c2a5h supposed to ignore the zombies/barnacles inside the building?

• I already found (Hidden Content)

• I recorded an "initial playthrough" video last night (still processing ATM), though it was more of a "second playthrough" since my first attempt had some really annoying audio issues. I'll probably get around to digging deeper in search of bugs later today. Either way, fantastic job, guys! In terms of bugs/issues I've noticed: (Hidden Content)

• Holy crap, I decide to check the BM forums on a whim for the first time in who knows how long, and this is what I find. That lighting is absolutely gorgeous.

• Thanks for the positive comments, but you haven't seen the completely original (i.e. not built off of BM) maps yet. (Self-deprecating humour aside, the first map here is definitely the most polished if only for the fact that I'm adding to it instead of creating something from scratch. It's the other levels - save the BM stock maps, which are now bm_c2a2c and bm_c2a2f - that I'm uncertain about more than anything else.) As for vertical space - Yeah, something I've always had trouble with in Hamme…

• I'd like to make it clear beforehand that, yes, quite a bit of what I've done here was inspired by either .RK's OaR Loop Mod or Text's OaRU. I started working on this as a way to familiarize myself with single-player mapping in Hammer more than anything else. If it turns out to be somewhat decent (by my ridiculously high self-standards), I might release it. I dunno yet. Anyways! (Hidden Content) (Hidden Content) (Hidden Content) On that note, to avoid making a topic for every single damn questio…

• Hammer Crashing

KyuuGryphon - - Leak-Free.org

I've had it crash on me a few times for seemingly no reason. Not frequently, but it's happened. The most obnoxious crashes were with the Left 4 Dead branch of Hammer - I'm not entirely sure why, but it doesn't like me having a tablet display as my second monitor. Checking any entity's flags tends to make Hammer crash altogether, unless I unplug my tablet before launching it in the first place. Kinda arbitrary, but workable, I suppose. For BM Hammer, I've only had it crash on me when working on a…

• Actually, y'know, I'm not sure what the deal is with npc_enemyfinder in Steam Mesa. On one hand, as mentioned, I've tried using it - it still appears in Hammer, I guess since it's defined in the base Source .fgd - and gotten negative results, but doing a filesearch in Notepad++ shows that it's used several times in the official levels... Maybe one of the devs can shed some light on this? On that note, I'm still stumped on what the deal is with ai_battle_line's. Short of using NPC clip brushes, i…

• Quote from dky.tehkingd.u: “Quote from KyuuGryphon: “Last question: Is there a way to make NPC's "alert" when waking them? In some of the maps, there are grunts that are supposed to "ambush" the player, but they don't do a very good job - the default reaction time kicks in, so they take a few moments to actually target the player. Is there a way around this? ” You could try using a scripted schedule to set them to COMBAT and target the player. As for notifying them of the player's location, ai_r…

• Bumping this back up. I've been having... limited success with some of these issues. From the top: 1) I managed to get the grunt to shoot using an npc_bullseye, so there was that. But, uh, in trying to figure out other NPC stuff, I seem to have broken things, because now he won't get on the turret at all. He still shoots (not sure if he's targeting the bullseye or the vorts themselves), but the input to get an NPC on the turret doesn't seem to do anything. I suspect it's related to the next issu…

• But... It's already on a "new" engine. The Steam release is on the latest branch of Source. Considering how much effort it apparently was to move from Source 2007 to Source 2013, I very much doubt they'd change engines again.

• Quote from wrkq: “I am not sure, now, if I have somewhat overestimated your Linux skills, and e.g. you tried literal "sdX" path instead of the correct a/b/c/d/e/f/... final letter, or is there something else going on. ” Haha, no worries, I know about the whole sd* thing. IIRC, the drive showed up as either sdb or sdc. Quote from wrkq: “If Linux says "I/O error", followed by sector numbers or similar, then it's quite definitely bad, yes. And again my fault for telling you to use the "standard" dd…

• Sorry if either of these are duplicates, I haven't seen them mentioned. Anyways! 1) In bm_c2a5b, just outside the control room for the storm access hatch that leads to the cliff, there's a military cot prop that's floating just above the ground: L73fh3h.jpg status: Source Code (8 lines)getpos: Source Code (1 line)2) This is best observed on bm_c2a5a (in fact, I'm not sure if it visibly affects any other locations in the game) - with the crossbow equipped, the real-time water reflections in the 3…

• Mm, yeah, that'd be a way to work around it. I've already manage to figure out an alternative for what I'm doing that I think works better than using a satchel charge in the first place, though. Thanks, anyways!

• Bumping this back up because reasons - I have another map that I've started working on, with a similar loop as what I added to c2a2a. I tried setting up the track so that the default path is the loop, and the alternate path is how to continue forward - like with c2a2a, when the elevator to this section arrives at the bottom of the shaft, the game crashes. So whatever the issue is, it definitely seems to be related to a series of path_track's that either have no endpoint or link back to themselve…