Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 219.

• It's Time to Call It, Guys

M-Man - - Half-Life Series

The Gabe Newell AMA recently kinda gave me hope again. Like this section (the paragraph part is taken from the half- life wiki) "A user asks, "What is the status of Half Life 3/Half Life 2 Episode 3? Is Valve still working on any fully-fledged single player games? An unidentified anonymous source at Valve has said that Half Life 3 has been cancelled. Is that source legitimate?" Newell answers, "The number 3 must not be said. Yes. I personally believe all unidentified anonymous sources on the Int…

• Most people on the internet who play guitar always over do solos to show off their skills. What I'm trying to say is you show restraint well. Loved it.

• In no particular order: 1. Castlevania Symphony of the Night- I know a scary amount about this game. One of the first games to truly suck me in. 2. Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind- best elder scrolls game IMO, such an amazing world and a story 10x better than most modern RPGs 3. Uncharted 2- Gotta love the uncharted games, its really hard not to. 4. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2- Gotta agree with OP. I actually prefer KOTOR 2 for its creepy atmostphere and darker storyline, but only if rest…

• I agree you can't make a judgement with what we've been given. I'm gonna wait until I can get my hands on it to make reservations on it though. If it sucks, I won't get it. I don't see much point in speculation. And I'm just kind of a natural optimist.

• Honestly I think it looks really cool. BUT.... it doesn't look like battlefront. I feel like the majority of angry comments are people who want battlefront 3 to be like BF 1+2. This isn't really a sequel, it's more of a different game in general. When I think of it that way I don't mind as much. To be honest, space battles were the weakest part of BF2, so I don't miss those. 4 planets = 12 maps? That seems fine. I can do without the clone wars... so I'm still pretty hopeful for this. Call me nai…

• Feedback on Black Mesa retail

M-Man - - The Cafeteria

Ok so, sorry to say but in the retail version I really dislike fighting Marines. There's a couple reasons for this. For one, the marines still feel too accurate. Maybe that's just me, if so, that's fine. What's more annoying is the fact that whenever they hit you a blood particle effect comes out of the player. This ALWAYS blocks my vision and makes firing back difficult, especially when combined with the screen shake that comes from being shot. It turns a battle into a panic as they rush in and…

• Forget fundamentalist religion and hardcore politics.... the "Gordon had a helmet" people are by far the most extreme. I honestly don't care either way. I interpret it as no helmet just because the HEV model doesn't have one. Maybe it's a retractable helmet or something that only goes up when radiation is detected? Maybe the HUD is displayed in his special glasses? It's 100% up to the player.

• Avoid.

M-Man - - The Cafeteria

I sometimes wonder how people can become such joyless, cynical, angry bastards. When something doesn't go exactly as they wanted what do they do? Blame someone else.

• Don't you tease us devs. I don't like being teased.

• A lot of these have been said before but: Headcrab- mind fucker Houndeye- Eyes Vortigaunt- Shocker Bullsquid- Squid-face Gargantua- BIG MOTHER FUCKER Manta Ray- Manta Ray (makes sense) Alien Grunt- Steroids Snark- bugs Barnacle- tounge zombie- zombie (who wouldn't just say zombie?) I feel like the HECU wouldn't come up with elaborate names for these things, but instead just go with what the first thing that came to their minds was.

• Black Mesa vs. Half-Life 2

M-Man - - The Cafeteria

I don't know, I never got confused or backed up when I played Ravenholm, it's still one of my favorite chapters.

M-Man - - The Cafeteria

But think about it... Ravenholm is about atmosphere. The devs never wanted people to look that closely, and frankly you wouldn't unless you really tried.

• If you want to play games for a living you're better off learning how to edit and making gaming videos on a video sharing site that allows for ad and user revenue.

M-Man - - The Cafeteria

You bring up a valid point. I'm sure if Valve had made it today, Half Life 2 would be as good as Black Mesa in that regard. I mean look at the episodes. They definitely do what BM does compared to HL2. Or look at Portal 2, which definitely had some amazing environments. It does annoy me that HL2 doesn't get a workshop tho. The workshops have worked to facilitate creativity, and a HL2 workshop might spark some interest in the game again.

• bmrf.us

M-Man - - The Cafeteria

Yea that is a really creepy announcement. Imagine the panic it would cause. A 75-mile radius. Sheesh.

• It's the young modder's "might as well throw THIS in there" mentality. What's sad is that it lasted for 10 years.

• Grand Theft Auto V

M-Man - - Technology and Gaming

I'm gonna be getting this on PS4 just cause its what all my friends are going to have it on, but still super pumped for the 1st person mode.

• Alien Isolation

Charles Dance is a hell of an actor that's for sure. I hope that if they do decide to continue the Alien franchise in the future that they do so under Sigourney Weaver or Ridley Scott's blessing. James Cameron said he would never come back sadly, since he thought that AvP ruined the franchises's integrity.

• Alien Isolation

Quote from (rot)(fodder: “ AvP and PARTICULARLY AvP2 were just terrible, terrible things that should never have happened.” Well if you accept Prometheus as canon now AvP doesn't work as part of the canon. So at least there's that. I just hope the sequel to Prometheus clears up the first movie...

• Alien Isolation

Alien3 has its charms but its too much of a clusterfuck to enjoy in any serious way. Alien Resurrection is just a campy joke of a movie. Maybe if you were to watch them as "funny bad" movies they might be enjoyable, but as a die hard Alien and Aliens fan I was pretty disappointed.