Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 297.

• Summer Update

Agent6 - - News & Developer Updates

Quote from MegaKosan: “Also, whilst on the topic of settings. When can we see the "Black Mesa" settings tab being split up into the other tabs. The weapon fast switch should be in the controls tab, DLights in the video settings and stuff like Houndeye Tinnitus can be in a "Game" tab alongside the difficulty. Going the extra mile, you could implement explanations for "video game settings dummies". ” A rework of the UI is actually scheduled for the future from what Chon said quite a while ago, so …

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

Agent6 - - The Cafeteria

Quote from AsinoEsel: “The color correction in ST makes the mesas look a LOT more like the mesas in the 3D skybox in the cliff climbing scene. Really digging it. As for Xen, it appears like they went for an underwater look, which I absolutely love. The Xen plants are kinda reminiscent of corals and reefs... ” Do note however that all the Xen images we've got now we're taken in the same map. Later levels are certainly going to look very, very different than what we have here.

Agent6 - - The Cafeteria

Damn the new Xen looks indeed stunning. It's so beautiful it's almost like from a dream, and by simply looking at the new images I can feel they're sucking me in. This is quite a good thing. Terrible they had to delay Xen until December, I'll most likely be in the exam session when it will be out, but I'm not complaining, it's well worth it. But I can almost hear the morons bitching and threatening with refunds due to the delay... Definitely looking forward for more updates, especially to the mo…

Agent6 - - The Cafeteria

I do agree that cutting OAR in BM so damn much and leaving it like that sucks since it holds great potential for exploration and lots of cool stuff if it's re-imagined properly. But it was bad in HL1, we've got to admit this. Yes, it was interesting and all that, but it was very confusing. It was really, really easy to get lost there and never find the way out. I never made out of there in my first playthroughs, only many tries later when I got pissed and started shooting everything I noticed, b…

Agent6 - - The Cafeteria

Quote from Crawfish: “Quote from Agent6: “Quote from lambdaman: “I want to see how the devs tackle the Nihilanth boss battle, if they do tackle it in a different way. It'll be fun trying to figure out how not to die again ” For me that was the worst part of the entire Xen. I find it one of the most frustrating and poorly executed boss battles I've ever seen.Jump all the time, desperately crawl wherever possible to avoid instant death, shoot the crystals and Nihilanth with your most powerful guns…

• youtube.com/watch?v=y8qCHG59obY

• Quote from Johnwalter: “Since after the Xen update, the game will be complete, i wonder if we will get a glimpse of CC's new game. Like post-credits sneak peak or something. One thing is certain, i would be really sad if the entire time was meant for a one hit wonder. These guys have talented hands and i would love to see more from them. ” Complete doesn't equate with the end here. After Xen they have already confirmed that MP will see a lot more love and they are thinking about co-op (however t…

Agent6 - - The Cafeteria

Quote from lambdaman: “I want to see how the devs tackle the Nihilanth boss battle, if they do tackle it in a different way. It'll be fun trying to figure out how not to die again ” For me that was the worst part of the entire Xen. I find it one of the most frustrating and poorly executed boss battles I've ever seen. Jump all the time, desperately crawl wherever possible to avoid instant death, shoot the crystals and Nihilanth with your most powerful guns, get teleported into other areas every n…

• Possible Text Issues

Agent6 - - Website Issues

Not something really important but, I think something broke around here recently. So I figured I might report this. Bold, italic, underline, and strike through text effects (for lack of a better term right now) seem to no longer work. Pressing any of them does nothing. Quote, insert image, link, and everything else is not affected. At first I thought it was due to my cache or cookies, but I already cleaned up everything a couple of days ago. I'm using Chrome (version 59.0.3071.86) if it helps.

Agent6 - - The Cafeteria

Talking about the length of Xen, I think the game will be around 18-20h long (from the very beginning to the end) when it will be complete. The game is around 10h long right now (8 before STU). It just came to my mind (and I felt the need to write a comment) that a couple of years ago some devs (don't ask who, that... I don't remember. I don't even remember where exactly I've read this) said something like Xen is going to be vastly expanded and "will be almost like a game on its own" .

Agent6 - - The Cafeteria

Quote from Crawfish: “Quote from darkone: “Yeah I highly doubt we will get any new MP maps with xen. but looking at the info we have I am really wondering what we are actually getting with xen. From the info we have there actually is a "human" presence on xen unlike what was in the original half life where there where just dead bodies. it looks like we are getting actual structures and research buildings. Makes you wonder how much xen has changed for black mesas retail release (not complaining x…

Agent6 - - The Cafeteria

Quote from chenmozx: “Quote from Admiral Sakai: “I find it sort of hard to believe that the multiplayer maps we see now are all we will ever get, simply because the number of them seems unbalanced compared to the game itself. However, I would like to see more Earth maps in addition to a few Xen ones. ” There are still several multiplayer maps from HL that are not added to BM, they may come with the Xen update or later. ” A later time. Since the team went full beast mode for Xen, I doubt we'll se…

Agent6 - - The Cafeteria

I'm interested about Xen's flora & fauna, weather, and this kind of stuff. Also about whether we'll see some official Xen multiplayer maps once it's out, and what those "huge amount of large engine improvements" mean more exactly. I'm hoping primarily for performance improvements, this was always the weak point of the game for me.

• I have a question: A couple of months ago CS:GO got its .dll libraries and .exes digitally signed for "better integration with anti-virus software". Ever since this happened, my experience has become smoother with significantly less amount of stuttering. Now, BM never stuttered for me but, I'm still wondering whether digitally signing the files would be worth anything, and if it is/would ever be considered in the first place.

• youtube.com/watch?v=OYJa0FJg_N…6AYI3aPjQEAt3ABwK&index=6

• No idea whether it still works, however the 2012 mod doesn't and never required Half-Life 2 to run. All it needs is Source SDK Base 2007 from the Tools to be installed.

• Couple of Glitches

Agent6 - - In-game Issues

Quote from Agent6: “27) After the bullsquid killed me once and the last save was reloaded its texture turned really dark. ” An update here, it doesn't seem to be connected to reloads. A couple of bullsquids I killed during Lambda Core turned very dark after dying.

• Couple of Glitches

37) Tau's laser doesn't originate from where it should when moving (right, forward, and so on). Even when standing still, it comes out from the player's head sometimes. And when it fires normally the laser seems to originate from underneath the weapon.

• HUD not showing

Try hud_draw 1, I think the command is the same in BM.

• Couple of Glitches

32) Bodies and parts of bodies occasionally falling through the ground (could it be an engine issue? It happens in HL2 as well sometimes). 33) Going through some rocks on a roof in STU. 34) If during the vent destruction sequence I manage not to get caught in HECU's trap and remain inside it, at least a part of the now-gone vent seems to still be there (solid). The boxes underneath don't have any collision either (can't be hit with anything), but that doesn't seem to depend on what I do during t…