Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 369.

• The Rage Topic

LordDz - - Raminator's Ladies Club

"Honour" killing has to be one of the more idiotic human things one can do.

• It was meant towards BlackMesaScience as he was playing On A Rail Uncut. But I guess your solution may be fix for it too.

• The WTF thread.

I sent my CV to a games company named "Zoink" here in Gothenburg, go out drinking.. Come back and turn my computer on only to find out a guy named "Zoinks" from the US has added me on steam. Like.. That has to be a sign, right?

• The Rage Topic

Quote from darkone: “rant. ” Could always move to a different country. The proccess wouldn't be painless, but moving to a country with proper health care would probably help you and your family a lot more than staying and getting filled with meds and depression.

• Generally for mods it's just coders that know how to use .git, so perhaps when the mod was ongoing not all asset creators used it. Now that the mod is a proper game, I would guess they use .git for all their stuff.

• In all of the SP vmfs, the lightmap resolution (X, Y) is set to 0. Dunno but maybe test setting it to that value?

• PSA - Custom Script Files

LordDz - - Leak-Free.org

An issue I've had in my custom maps with custom sounds: Some sounds would not be recognised by the engine as the console whines about not finding them with the path put in for the sounds (ambient_generics). However inputting a snd_restart in the console fixes this. So the mapper would have to put in the snd_restart with a point_clientcommand at startup of the map. The issue being that snd_restart stops all playing sounds so you can't have any sound be looping at the start of the map, and if the …

• Are the music files custom music that you're trying to play from a map of your own.. Or the offical music files? Because for some sounds to work in the workshop, you have to input snd_restart in the console with a point_clientcommand at the startup of the map. You can see the console whining about not being able to read some .ogg files, but with the snd_restart this fixes it. However it will stop all playing sounds, so you would have manually play looping sounds (ambients, vents, machines, etc) …

• Quote from Crawfish: “Quote from kingpanel: “Copper transmits heat better than aluminum does, but one made of copper and the other aluminum, copper is the better choice and will keep the processor cooler. However, there are cheap copper heatsinks which do not do as good a job at cooling as more expensive aluminum composite sheet heatsinks with fans attached, so it's not a 100% guarantee that any one made with copper will outperform any aluminum model. ” Bit of an old thread to respond to. I've b…

• Quote from Pyroclase: “Netflix has been steadily losing a lot of the shows and movies I used to watch on it, I assume because the streaming market is getting a lot bigger and a lot more competitive. It's how we wound up with situations like Star Trek: Discovery being exclusive to CBS' new streaming service. ” Well they tend to change their content from time to time too, probably due to licenses running out.

• So I recently bought HBO Nordic thinking that this time I shouldn't pirate all the Game of Thrones episodes. Only to find out that there isn't any HBO app for my LG TV, Netflix and amazon and all other apps are there tho. Tried using the web browser on the tv to stream it from their site, only to find out they use flash. Flash in 2017? What the living hell.. So I then plug in my tv with HDMI, go to the site and begins streaming it from there to the tv. Except the quality is pretty shit. So I gue…

• Black mesa: A Spy in a Madman's way

LordDz - - Show Off

Bumpelibump! Just wanted to tell you guys that I've uploaded my sequel on the workshop. It continues the story of Ray and his way home from the Black Mesa facility all while fighting aliens, the government and all other madness. It features lots of music, voice acting, textures, maps and enemies. Plus some humor as well in there. qdf0VDkYMe7CJikyllqAo7ZPq6dZYllHbi1jxTQrdQg You can find it here: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=964406883

• Instead of fading away, it instantly disappears when the explosion happens. Maybe a coder should set the mortar entity to do the explosion and remove itself after say 10 seconds, so the trail has time to fade away?

• Shouldn't you just change the material .vmt and reupload those? That way the fix would be applied to all props and not just the restored maps. Or am I missing something?

• How can i make a Black Mesa mod?

LordDz - - The Cafeteria

Aight sounds good. Don't hesitate to ask if you need help! Also come join us at the discord: discord.gg/JBXf8KE

• Instead it spawns it like when you kill the body. All other weapons instant kill the headcrab when fired upon a zombie, but the crossbow doesn't. Small issue, but a bit weird.

• How can i make a Black Mesa mod?

LordDz - - The Cafeteria

How much experience of making maps for source do you have? Because just making maps for the game will take a long time, making campaigns even longer, if you then add custom weapons etc then it will take a really long time. Not trying to be smug, but it's better to ask now than you that you start a project that is too large for you.

• What did you fuck?

• You can't merge them together because they clip into each other. A lot. "With some fancy software or a LOT of hard work" Hammer would explode if you copy pasted all the maps into one map, if the devs increased the map grid enough. The compile time would be crazy. Then your computer would die due to the ram usage being so high due to having to load the gigantic level " LOT of hard work, one could easily combine" Hard work == Easily combine?

• Headset recommendations?

LordDz - - Technology and Gaming

Get a wireless headset. Nothing better than being able to play music in my apartment late into the night while making food. And you never drive over any wires with your chair. I have these both at home and at work: amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Audio-Vide…nes-Compatible/B00BKZQCPG Quite cheap and good sound. Only negative thing is that the earmuffs can fall off quite easily when not having it on, but they're easy to add back on. No microphone on them, so you'd have to use an external mic or get a differen…