Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• This idea was started on this very forum many years ago. Some folks started HalfLife2-gldsrc. They had a modDB page and everything before they realized they had no idea what they were doing or how to do it

• Summer Update

JohnWorfin - - News & Developer Updates

So, three months after the announcement, is the project still on time to the internal schedule?

• Marc Laidlaw's 'Epistle 3'

JohnWorfin - - Half-Life Series

This is incredibly sad. Yes technically valve did not owe us another game, but to let their flagship game and one of the greatest videogames of all time just fall by the wayside? WTF were they thinking? I guess the gobs of money they make off of steam and micro transactions made them think they didn't need to make another single player game

• Xen Timeline

Quote from darkone: “Quote from JohnWorfin: “Quote from Nonimportantuser: “According to Google it will be summer on Tuesday, June 20th at 11:24 PM Central Time. ” According to the outside of my house, summer is in full swing ” According to outside it has been summer since last winter, so that isn't a good way to tell. go by the dates much easier and less sound like an asshole. ” There you go, I corrected your spelling for you. I hope that doesn't sound too assholeish

• Xen Timeline

Quote from Nonimportantuser: “According to Google it will be summer on Tuesday, June 20th at 11:24 PM Central Time. ” According to the outside of my house, summer is in full swing

• Xen Timeline

So, it's summer time. Any news on the update?

• Why we need hl3

Valve has no desire to create a Half Life 3. It is literally dead in the water after a cliffhanger ending. It kinda sucks but they make too much money off of steam and micro transactions in their freemium games to notice their fans and when you combine this with their total lack of structure, there is no driving force to get it done. Even after operation crowbar, Gabe just stopped talking about it all together

• Mod and Steam versions comprasion

JohnWorfin - - Show Off

The steam version is better in every single way. We do not need a video to tell us that

• Quote from snark567: “Quote from gladoscake122: “I was told that in the new Xen we should expect butt holes, lots and lots of butt holes. Are you still keeping that promise, devs? ” I hope they are fuzzy ” They may be waxed. You never know

• It's Time to Call It, Guys

I guess we all should let it go then. It is sad to think that I have been waiting patiently for a decade for the next game and it will never happen..........

• Why we need hl3

We need HL3 because we have been waiting a decade since the announcement of the next installment. Our support has gallen on deaf ears.

• Quote from LordSkunk 707: “I just picked up Assassins Creed: Middle Earth. ” Shadows of Hodor was a pretty good sword game I just played a bunch of Blacke mesa and Crysis after I got my gaming PC going after over a year of parts hell

• Building a steambox

JohnWorfin - - Technology and Gaming

So, after months of research and a year of on and off frustruation, I finally got it together. Two motherboards (be careful how tight you screw on the CPU cooler,) two power supplies (beware of super cheap online retailers) and several batches of memory (thank god for mobo boot codes, and never buy memory from Fry's) I have a my first dedicated gaming computer in a decade. With a pair of overclocked liquid cooled GTX 980 cards in SLI, I set up win10 and then I spent yesterday playing Black Mesa …

• A pressure cooker lets you fry with less oil

• Future Content

JohnWorfin - - The Cafeteria

Quote from AsinoEsel: “JohnWorfin, keep in mind that recent additions to the game engine (CSM and Godrays for example) were programmed specifically for Xen. If the devs can work on Xen while at the same time improving the graphics of other parts of the game substantially, I don't see a problem with that in any way. ” I have been following Black mesa since 2006. I know what to keep in mind. This was a question for the developers. The question is part of my twice yearly inquiry into the release of…

• Future Content

All the talk of refined content and level reduxes is all well and good, But where is Xen? Is there any chance it be released this year? After 10 years of following this mod and paying for the early release, It seems that everything else gets worked on save the completion of the game. An unreleased complete game, 2 seperate partially released builds and now level updates. I know the developers will never release the internal release calendar for the Xen parts, but how about throwing us a bone and…

• Finally figuring out "On a Rail" and then going through and killing every marine and getting every health and ammo pack after numerous deaths

• Any plans on updating the Wiki?

Maybe after Xen is released , so some indeterminate time in the future, Maybe on the 5 year anniversary of the initial release ?

• Is it true? Marc Laidlaw

Look at all of you trying to act like you don't care about Half Life 3. Everyone can see through your lies. You are transparent

• This is all we have, fans clinging to little shreds of hope.