Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• I guess it is that time.

• youtube.com/watch?v=g_xGgo1UFdE

• I spent the long weekend playing Axiom Verge. Pretty good metroidvania. Very, very Super Metroid.

• I tried out The Evil Within, which I got in the sale. This is an absolutely garbage console port. Since it's a shooter, I tried to play it with my keyboard and mouse, but you can't bind the thumb mouse buttons or the scroll wheel, and scrolling in in-game notes is broken! All the notes are cut off, and there's no way to scroll down and read them with the mouse and keyboard, so you miss huge chunks of the story. The menu is awful, with horrible floaty mouse acceleration, and in the keybinding scr…

• I got promoted! Sort of. I'm moving to a new role at work; duty-wise, it's not really a promotion, more of a lateral move. But, moving into the engineering organization of a tech company means that, compensation-wise, it was a tremendous promotion. As part of negotiating the move, I asked for what I thought was a pretty aggressive raise. They nearly doubled it... and increased my bonus target, and dumped a bunch more equity (company stock options) on me.

• soundcloud.com/vidboy/forest-s…oy-groupees-collaboration The soundcloud widget has stopped working for me recently, so have a link, as well: soundcloud.com/vidboy/forest-s…oy-groupees-collaboration

• I've been playing a lot of Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+. I started to tire of it a bit, so I pulled out Spelunky, which I got in the Halloween sale for < $1.00. This is probably a good game, but I absolutely hate its style. The art, music, sounds effects... all of them just grate on me. So I played some Dead Cells, which is an early access title that I bought a bit of a while back. It's deeper and more enjoyable than I originally gave it credit for.

• There's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

• Fired up Skullgirls, played some tutorials for ~15 minutes. This game is intimidating as hell.

• Quote: “Of course in the end though, it does raise at least one important question. Is it still okay to be White? Because if it is, what exactly is the big deal everyone is getting so upset about to begin with?” This really, really isn't that hard. A message like, "It's okay to be white," while true on its face, is one of two things: 1. A rephrasing of "All Lives Matter." 2. Designed to look like a rephrasing of "All Lives Matter" in an attempt to get a rise out of people. Neither is particularl…

• youtube.com/watch?v=qmsjvBivRkU Man this game is so good. My favorite in years.

• Steam Halloween Sale, obviously. I'm grabbing some things that I actually didn't anticipate buying, though. Spelunky is 90% off at $1.49. This is supposed to be a phenomenal action-platforming roguelite. I also ended up picking up Skullgirls and its Second Encore DLC compilation for $3.00 and ~$5.50, respectively. Skullgirls is a fighting game, which I don't really play a lot of, but I don't think there's any reason I wouldn't enjoy them. I've seen footage of Skullgirls before and thought it loo…

• I know I already posted Wakako-Zake, but... img000017.png

• I played The Witch's House after seeing the Best Friends play a bit of it on their annual halloween Shitstorm special. It's a free RPG Maker horror-themed puzzle adventure. Short; I beat it in under an hour and a half. For the most part, it doesn't suffer from the, "Now guess what I was thinking when I designed this. Love, the developer," obtuseness that some adventure games can. Good art, decent story, did an effective job of both scaring me and making me laugh at certain points. A very polishe…

• I just learned that the weird hodgepodge of job responsibilities I have actually kind of has a title associated with it: Site Reliability Engineering. For some reason, learning that feels really cool.

• I just started Little Nightmares. I threw this game on my wishlist the second I heard someone compare it to INSIDE, and then bought it on a sale at some point. It's not as good as INSIDE, but the comparison is deserved. It's like that game in that it's got minimal gameplay and focuses more on art, atmosphere, and delivering an experience. I don't think that's a bad thing; I'm actually a sucker for games like this. I loved Dear Esther, loved LIMBO and INSIDE (although LIMBO is one of those games …

• Sounds like you guys need a database shell. DELETE FROM posts WHERE author_id = '...';

• soundcloud.com/aritusmusic/remember

• Quote from CyankeeMassey: “Is using a dating app sad and pathetic? Asking for a friend. Of course. ” No. This is such a weird stigma.

• Note, in case you're lazy like I am: the Humble page with the steam key says you have to redeem the key by 10AM Pacific on October 7th. So don't get it and then leave it lying around for a while before you redeem it in Steam; you'll lose it.