Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 191.

• Programmer

your-name-here - - Job Postings

Tests have been sent. Thanks to all those who applied.

• Programmer

Just a quick update: This week, we hope to be sending sending out programming tests to candidates who we'd like to move forward with. Sorry for the delay.

• Programmer

Just want to say thank you to all those who have applied so far. We are incredibly humbled and privileged to have people of such talent showing interest in Black Mesa.

• Programmer

Black Mesa is now actively searching for candidates to power up our cause. With over three million downloads of our free modification released in 2012 and a hugely successful steam release, your work will have far reaching (and occasionally unforeseen) consequences. At a minimum, you must meet the following criteria: 1. You must have a stone cold understanding of C++. 2. You must have strong programming fundamentals: - Optimization - Algorithms - Real-time systems 3. The ability to grok through …

• Patch 0.0.2

your-name-here - - Patches

You can ignore that console message. We already ship steamclient.so with the server, just not at that location.

• We've read your thread. Just because we haven't replied yet doesn't mean we are ignoring your issues. You're one out of an ocean of many who are reporting things we can improve on. While we try to reply to as many people as possible, time constraints simply render us unable to reply to everyone . Internally, we have a list prioritizing all of the issues we are going to fix first. Your issues are not on that list (yet). As we work through them, we will get to yours and look into fixing them. Than…

• Quote from Fr0z3n: “For those who have other questions about the mod, etc, etc. You can still ask them :D” Absolutely. Just don't post forty two questions and expect them answered.

• OK so now you're just repasting your questions without rewording them. Clearly you are just trolling at this point. See you in two weeks.

• I asked you to reword your questions to three or four general ones that everyone would benefit from if we answered. Please follow directions.

• It is near impossible for us to avoid giving out conflicting answers on the forums. We are a group of forty people working on this project in our spare time and for our love of the Half-Life universe. We don't have a central public relations department. TextFAMGUY is our Community Manager but many of us developers like to participate in this thread too so it's only natural some of our answers conflict. With respect to your questions, you're rapidly coming across as disrespectful and belligerent.…

• Try Q4 2023

• Looks like you're right. But I think you're smart enough to figure out he meant quite the opposite. Like I said, wait until we release and your questions will be answered.

• Just wait until we release on Steam. All your questions will be answered and more

• My account was deleted?

your-name-here - - Website Issues

What Joe said. I'm really sorry for that. There were literally 400+ spam bots that registered out of nowhere completely destroying the forums. I tried to delete as many as I could. Sorry about that. I will triple check the list next time.

• This is glorious. A+ job bro.

• This looks really cool. I can't wait to play it!

• I played Black Mesa today. Does that count?

• Axel Project

your-name-here - - Gaming Help and Support

Quote from Mariogamer1231: “Did the team release anything on the internet besides the release 2 after the project's demise?” No. Quote from Half-Life 3: “So former versions were complete maps in 100%?” I don't remember. It's been a very long time. The problem it looks like you're having in your picture is because you didn't copy in the HL2 beta. You're supposed to unzip the HL2 beta (Anon) into a folder, then copy in The Axel Project R2 and hit 'yes' when asked to replace files.

• Axel Project

your-name-here - - Gaming Help and Support

Hilariously, I was one of two programmers on The Axel Project. The project is dead. We've moved onto bigger and better things.

• Free vs Steam version

your-name-here - - The Cafeteria

One thing of note: Because we have access to all of VALVe's publicly released games, we can (and have) ripped all sorts of optimizations out from them and ported them into our engine. This is simply not legally possible with the free version.