Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Slowly? It's going pretty damn fast, IMO. Then again as per the research Ion Storm did into the game, it's been happening for a long time. youtu.be/7aIXwMc20TE?t=48s Ajit Pai is just another rich asshole doing shitty things for his own benefit and then pretending like he's doing everyone a favour. I'm glad I don't live in the US, but I can't help but feel like the big 3 up here are looking down south and licking their lips... Only a matter of time before they try to buy or plant people on the CR…

• It might be some internal z-fighting on the the LOD submodel those props are using. I can't quite tell from the screenshot, but those are monitors, right? Try replacing them with another monitor model and see if it still happens. Also just for reference jadebenn, while it's good practice to func_detail brushes using translucent and alpha masked materials, I'm fairly certain the compile tools do that automatically.

• Quote from Maxey: “Dump Havok and implement a free open-source physics engine, like Bullet. ” I'm actually kind of sad Valve didn't offer to let them try out Rubikon. Would be a good way for them to get some practical data to see how it handles in an actual game.

• Is there any chance we'll get physically-simulated boxes back in the 'box-smashing room' in c1a1e? The subtle sway of the boxes as you landed on them really sold the "suspended hundreds of feet in the air" feeling, and having them be prop_dynamic just isn't the same. Not sure when this was patched out, but it added to the tension in the mod version at the very least.

• Bad News, Good News

JeffMOD - - News & Developer Updates

Thanks for reposting the initial update for members who don't check the steam forums, and for crossposting the original info - There we so many negative comments on Steam that I gave up trying to find anything actually useful, and thus missed those posts. As always, take all the time you need to ensure the final product is up to snuff - especially if it's going to include bonus content based off cut HL1 maps! As for what is coming for us this year in the form of engine updates, I'll do my utmost…

• The Rage Topic

JeffMOD - - Raminator's Ladies Club

I fucking hate the gaming community. Yes, it sucks that Xen was delayed. But there are a bunch of new features on their way in the meantime, and hey, AT LEAST THERE'S A FUCKING GAME AND IT'S BEING ACTIVELY DEVELOPED! Valve doesn't even bother pretending they do that anymore, but CC is actually making it happen. Fucking sit down and stop complaining about delays. This shit happens and if you've ever played a goddamn game before you should know this by now. Just let the devs do their jobs without …

• [idea] Classic BM-style menu?

JeffMOD - - The Test Chamber

I'd just increase it as much as needed to ensure the vertices fit on grid while still conforming to the curvature of the logo. Looking at your screenshot again, I'd say what you have now should be fine as long as the arch is on grid. You probably don't need a new background texture, but you'll need to remove the $selfillum 1 parameter from your vmt, and possibly remove the black mesa logo from the texture once you finish making the brushwork cuts, if you do decide you're going to go that route. …

Block light would likely have that effect, yes, though it would also probably result in the logo being permanently in shadow. Not sure if you're going for that or not. I think you could do the hole in the wall, but you'll definitely want to be using the clip and vertex manipulation tools (Never ever carve, and if you do, NEVER EVER do it with anything other than a cube with 90 degree angles!!) Your brush topology would be something like this: 8El1hks.png Chop a square into the screen around the …

I mean, you could also probably make it a background image, TF2-style, but if you're looking to make the most of it being a map, I'd suggest an orange env_projectedtexture occasionally panning over part of the image or something. Possibly more than one with some contrasting colours after the engine update adds support for more dynamic lights. And maybe make normal and specular maps for the background image as well, make them really pop when lit.

• Don't wait to play Xen for us, we have no idea when HC will get finished porting, and Xen is much more important to the experience! The devs have said the engine update is coming out before Xen, but we also don't know what all the update entails - I know there are some graphical improvements that I'm really looking forward to playing with, but so far nothing around mod support has been announced, and I doubt it's a high priority for the devs right now since Xen is slated to release in only a cou…

• I mean, if he has a copy of Free Mesa still installed it is, but yeah, we haven't been able to get everything working that we need to port it to Steam Mesa. Hopefully we'll be able to begin work on that soon after Xen's release, but we have to see what else the update does.

• What the heck!!!!????

JeffMOD - - The Cafeteria

Quote from Kenley: “We've been having trouble here with Chinese and Korean spam bots making hundreds of posts. For the past few weeks, though, they've been under control (Thanks to Hubicorn, I assume!). You'll notice the most recent posts are from Oct 4th I think. For whatever reason, the deleted posts stick around for a while. ” For some reason I misread that as "We've been having trouble here with Chinese and Korean spam bots making posts for hundreds of years." But on topic - jaimd, don't wor…

• Might as well use it as an excuse to play the entire game again. And then HL2 and the Episodes.

• The Happy Topic

JeffMOD - - Raminator's Ladies Club

Quote from Shaddy: “Well, I start working at an actual paying job this Friday. ” Nice! I applied to one of those yesterday, not sure if I'll hear back or not. I should probably apply to more, since I need money to not die. And congrats on the completed thesis, Wayne!

• I don't have a pog collection, but this looks promising - keep us updated!

• I guess the question would be, do you want to do label work and make albums, or contract work and make soundtracks? The former would benefit more from having a specific sound, the latter would benefit more from the added flexibility. Or you could do both, and choose a specific sound for the label work. I think there are even a few artists who have different aliases/groups for when they do different sounds.

• I would vote towards making it optional instead of removing it. I like post-blast tinnitus as a detail. (I also miss the old HL2 "underwater" sound which was removed, I believe, around 2007.) That said, apparently in DM it can linger after respawn, which is a bit of an issue. Haven't run into the bug myself, but if it's still an issue it needs to be looked at.

• Makes me glad the first "Novel" I wrote was lost in a hard drive crash.

• The only time Valve jokes about making a game is when it's a game people actually asked for.

• Oh shit, yeah that's right you were just about to move there. Fingers crossed the damage isn't too bad.