Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Happy Birthday!

• "2009" build of Black Mesa

JeffMOD - - The Cafeteria

The devs have more important things to do than cover every thread on the forums, like actually finishing the game. I highly doubt they even have VMFs from that far back, and if they do, it's likely they're not the "1:1 remake" you're envisioning. I don't recall Ram saying anything of that sort back when he was around. I remember the phrase "orangemapped the whole damn game" and them saying that OAR was cut down because most players despised it, but the whole point of BM was to be a re-imagining …

• Buying new CPUs would be pointless though, because the new CPUs also have this issue. They're going to have to entirely change the way CPUs work, and then test them to make sure they do, roll out a new manufacturing line process, etc. - It will take at least 3 years, possibly closer to 10 for this to be fixed. Tarnishing your reputation now for a possible boost in sales a decade on doesn't make any sense at all. The "this is just a marketing stunt" line of thinking is "The commies put flouride i…

• I mean, technically, under the circumstances being unpatchable is the best security for that issue.

• Black Mesa Classic Weapons

JeffMOD - - The Test Chamber

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they said that because CC keeps tweaking how weapons work (such as the crossbow scope, which was just now revamped) and they didn't want to redo work every update.

• point_camera angles are broken

JeffMOD - - In-game Issues

Oh, I must have missed that one. Alright, I guess we can assume it's being worked on then. Thanks for pointing that out!

• I'm hopeful it will get sorted with the UI update that's reportedly planned (along with a custom game menu) but we don't have confirmation about that.

• point_camera angles are broken

JeffMOD - - In-game Issues

It appears that the angles and possibly zoom level of point_camera have become bugged, as cameras no longer point to the area determined in their angles selection, but towards and area offset from that. I have yet to determine the offset, but this is definitely a bug in the code rather than something that got knocked around in a map, because it's happening in all maps that use point_camera, including custom maps. I've made a screenshot with a quick test map, with a bullseye, monitor, camera, and…

• Often after closing Hammer, and occasionally after closing the game, Steam will continue to register Black Mesa as "running", preventing BM and any other game from being launched until Steam is forcibly killed in the task manager. As much as I would love to be able to claim I have over 800 hours logged in Black Mesa, at least half of that time is a result of this bug happening and me not noticing until later.

• I'm not sure if this is due to PVS calculations, it being a screen-space effect, or whatever, but it seems that lens flares in the 3D skybox will not render properly unless you're physically inside the 3D skybox and looking at their original position. The flares can render superimposed into the scene when the 3D skybox is being rendered as a duplicate, but it also has some odd offset that changes drastically when the player shifts their view. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this isn't…

• Tutorial - Ingame Light Editor

JeffMOD - - Developer Updates

Is it intentional that the newLight_spot entity doesn't have any Godray options, or did that just get left out of the FGD? Also, how big of a hit on performance do the shadow maps take? I've been considering modifying my copy of the FGD to make that "on" by default.

• Alternatively the devs could probably just use a math_counter and a failsafe logic_relay to trigger the blast if all the NPCs set to fire on it die. The NPC Osprey does sometimes get fairly close to the player, though - I'm sure a little window tint or something would prevent that from being an issue, however.

• Hopefully somebody will make a workshop mod or something that replaces the pilots for that model and the NPC osprey. Heck, I'd probably do it myself if I was any good at organic modelling.

• Having had a chance to do a quick look around and use the new crossbow, I have to say I disagree with the changes made with it. While the new scope model is really nice, I hate how using the scope now just instantly flips to what appears to be a flat texture drawn onto the HUD in a single frame. That's going to have serious repercussions in multiplayer, since now people can quickscope, and it kind of breaks the immersion in singleplayer because there's no in-between transition animation. Despite…

• General Xen Chit-Chat Thread

Just as a clarification, missing models shouldn't be the thing to cause a crash. It used to in goldsource (or if they weren't pre-loaded when the map tried to access them), but nowadays that'd just result in a bunch of floating "ERROR"s. It's probably code-related.

• Quote from The Sink God: “I was looking to make some announcer lines for a project, and really liked the sound of the announcer (non-military) in Black Mesa. I was wondering, what effects were applied to the voice to make it sound like it does? I'd love to re-create the voice using some TTS client out there (not looking to hire a voice actor) but I don't know how the voice was made to sound how it does. ” In general, for that kind of PA system you'd want to apply an EQ to get rid of the bass and…

• Oooh! Oooh! New toys! I don't think I've ever actually used instances properly before, despite dabbling a bit in L4D2 mapping a few years back. This is going to be interesting...

• [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery

@Angel - Generally they're built by the engine based of the cubemaps (or reflection probes as some other engines refer to them as) in the map - So the data is static, but based off the view of the nearest cubemap (generally in the same room, or at least hopefully similar lighting conditions) It is possible to have a specific, pre-made cubemap that's not generated in the map, but IIRC the only way to do that is specifically in the material, so if that were the case it would show up on every monit…

• Wouldn't a wider spread make it useless at anything other than point-blank range though? Every video game shotgun I've ever used that has a (n unrealistically, I might add) massive spread cone has been absolute trash as a mid-range or longer weapon.

• Slowly? It's going pretty damn fast, IMO. Then again as per the research Ion Storm did into the game, it's been happening for a long time. youtu.be/7aIXwMc20TE?t=48s Ajit Pai is just another rich asshole doing shitty things for his own benefit and then pretending like he's doing everyone a favour. I'm glad I don't live in the US, but I can't help but feel like the big 3 up here are looking down south and licking their lips... Only a matter of time before they try to buy or plant people on the CR…