Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 759.

• Had nothing better to do tonight so I figured I'd go ahead and release. I can fix the title image later.

• Sim Mesa: Build, expand, administrate, and defend an underground research facility in the New Mexico desert to outshine rival defense contractors.

• Sim Mesa: Build, expand, administrate, and defend an underground research facility in the New Mexico desert to outshine rival defense contractors.

• So I'm getting everything ready for an actual release of the new D and H maps, and everything is going wonderfully except that I cannot get my picture in the 'bonus maps' window to show up as anything other than empty black. The photo itself is as far as I can tell formatted properly, as when I rename it with the name of one of the "doorville" map pictures it replaces it just fine. My .bns file looks like this: Source Code (7 lines)

• Call of Duty: Dark Corners Of The Earth A squad of America's most elite Special Forces must shoot their way through a secret Russian plot to bring about the return of the Great Old Ones.

• MEDIA- MAP D (LOBBY AND PERSONNEL FACILITIES) (Hidden Content)(Hidden Content)(Hidden Content)(Hidden Content)(Hidden Content)(Hidden Content)(Hidden Content)(Hidden Content)

• That's probably because no map in the game is compiled with -finitefalloff. It's kind of an odd thing to include, actually, since I'm the only one who seems at all interested in doing anything that would use it.

• I've narrowed the problem down to certain lights with extreme falloff values accidentally created in the original map and copied over to the test map; these are basically a hackish way of invoking the 'finitefalloff' VRAD argument. With this enabled (or the previous iteration of lights with very small 50% falloff distances set) props but not brushes show a very obvious 'checkerboard' effect at the edge of the light falloff distance- it looks like the light value is becoming extremely high at tha…

• How exactly is the 'static' light option supposed to function? It seems to just prevent the light in question from illuminating anything in the map.

• I've been seeing some very weird behavior with prop and NPC lighting where the lighting origins appear to be displaced spatially- sometimes I get very dim props in otherwise bright areas, and more commonly the converse: 709649ADC63210277767E6DC28A2D414E00EAA50 I did a little experimenting with copy machines in identical lighting conditions (static props since they have more controllable parameters; looking at actual levels it seems static props, dynamic/physics props, and NPCs are all lit simila…

• So the first map of QEPD has been updated and adapted for the Xengine build of Black Mesa: tiny little Map H. As there is really not all that much to it I don't think I'll be releasing just that one map; instead, it'll come out alongside the new map containing the lobby and administrative areas. Nonetheless, I've posted updated media in the Map H post (although since this is just a quality update of a preexisting map it's really not that interesting). Overall, there's really only two other thing…

• Map A is coming along very nicely; I've made an initial pass through the whole thing and in a few days once I've tweaked the lighting and color balance a little (maybe messed around with the color-correction too, since I've not much experience with that) I expect to actually have something workable released. C849B39DE9C8A1F3301396C4772198E436F71E45B340BBBA7CEDDB88F01D0AB47B12D60C8AF6D37516C4E66A2B0EF4090F8E1688AE7657781B9503CB079DB4F643928F50ABBF3591626456BF592023967A5E5BB3DFCA0BED141E26EDE8E4A4…

• So, in a number of decompiled maps I'm seeing lights with the 'maximum distance' parameter set, despite my testing showing it does nothing at all. Is there a reason for this? Am I wrong?

• So, over the last week-or-so I've been playing around with the fixed and upgraded lighting engine, and have made some simply massive breakthroughs in the lighting style that finally matches the vision in my head of this very sterile, institutional, but bright part and navigable part of the Facility. It's a bit early to say that pre-disaster Office Complex is back online, but pre-disaster Office Complex might indeed be back online. 6CBFD10E05991883B6A5EB89E03907237B09B78AE9E2B6DA5745335523FED02DF…

• So, still trying to get a handle on the new lighting system, so I've been playing around with WGH's second map. The results are... incredibly impressive: 67C6FEAE7A17DD5C2CFF478E80CB4BB9F9C3A5B8EAE4C407D8416BE1C6341DE5F481918C61DF9FA3DE341978B5F4E33496E5EF9D1E12AA1B2ACEE201

• Quote from LordDz: “If you play the Zombie sounds in reverse when they're on fire, they scream "KILL ME!", so I'd say they're alive.. Or the Headcrab knows english and wants to stop the burning. youtube.com/watch?v=LXuR41eisnM If the host bodies were already dead, then why do they die again when we shoot their bodies and leave out a loud dying scream? ” Why would they be screaming anything at all in reverse?

• I'd been meaning to do an analysis like this but simply never found the time. Hats off to you good sir, this will be very useful for any number of different things.

• I can't imagine how headcrabs wouldn't kill their hosts shortly after latching, either from massive trauma or suffocation (as seems to happen in the conference room scene). I have no problem ignoring the HL2 zombies as they're not very consistent with the HL1/BM version and don't make a great deal of sense (how come all zombies have white shirts, even though the standard citizen uniform is blue and the resistance fighters wear grey? Will wearing a colored shirt cause headcrabs to avoid you? Is t…

• Update- this seems to be taken care of by setting the prop in question to use lightmaps.